I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

Best place ECU FLASH in 2017

I looked at old reviews and links and I like to know if folks are still happy with their flashed ecu's and who would they recommend in 2017
Old 07-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Getting up to speed

Re: Best place ECU FLASH in 2017

Flashed ECU vs PowerCommander with autotune ?
Something that tunes YOUR bike and whatever you add in the future or fuel up with (octane rating) or altitude riding I personally believe is always going to be better than flash dancing. You can always onsell a PC too if you change bikes/sell.
I spend time reading the data making fuel/ign maps and its an interesting and easy thing to do. Ive yet to buy and fit one on my K12 but I use aftermarket tuners on my other bikes already.

Dont know why these fonts started size change recently. Annoying.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'OnthewrongPlanet' for this post:
Old 07-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr629
I looked at old reviews and links and I like to know if folks are still happy with their flashed ecu's and who would they recommend in 2017

6 years on with a Rexxer map as good as ever.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Getting up to speed

I noticed (as I had not heard of Rexxer maps) that the flash is for OEM muffler with no other options. If you add an aftermarket like my Staintune or any other free flowing muffler they produce multiple pops on de-acceleration ie running lean, performance air cleaner will also effect an engine. If you have a unit that is taking data many times per second at all rev range and adjusting accordingly which can be either adjusted for economy or performance as you wish, is that not better from a mechanical viewpoint ? The maps display line graphs of air fuel ratio at each RPM and allow your own adjustments if you see a dip anywhere and wish to action otherwise leave as is and the map keeps fine tuning. I spend a couple of hours after fitting hard accerlerating from start going up hill under max load/acc so it learns quicker. These maps can be viewed and stored as is for your baseline so you don't lose your work and allows playing with the map separately also. Other owners with same bike can send you their map to try as some spend time (and $) on a tune on a dyno. Maps can be viewed or changed out on the road if desired. You can have many maps stored, touring economy, spirited road and/or a track map. Maybe its not for everybody but its interesting and very easy and Im no pc guru in my 50's. Your bike will appreciate a better tune whichever way you choose. Have fun and keep rubber side down.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM

I have a PC3 and I think the autotune works with the PCV. I just want to get rid of the low speed stutter and stalling and I see from older threads that the reflashing seems to help with the over issue.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:23 PM
Getting up to speed

PCV with autotune (+ quickshifter and all other PC ancillaries like the dash) works well on our K12s despite not being advertised as such. A few other members have installed and is next on my list, same engine with only the few cubes difference which the autotune works out for itself with AFR.
Quickshifter for upshift thrills some but I dont use the clutch on open road accelerating hard so will not purchase myself. A fraction of a second back-off on throttle and it shifts smooth as.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:31 PM

Ok Thank you
Old 07-30-2017, 05:16 PM

I went with BrenTuning Handheld ECU Flash!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Talking Re: Best place ECU FLASH in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr629
I went with BrenTuning Handheld ECU Flash!

Do you have some numbers to share?