I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300GT > "K13GT" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13GT" Technical Q&A K1300GT- Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Entering the on-ramp

K13GT excessive oil consumption.

Hi, first time here. I have a question about this K13GT we speak so highly of. I bought this bike, 2009 model, with around 40 000kms on the clock. Since I got it I have had excessive oil consumption. This is not a consistent though as some trip use less than others. My last was the worst. I travelled around 850kms with no lack of or loss of power but with a loss of 2 litres of oil. My canister has NO wet oil on it and not a lot of smoke was noticed from bikes travelling with me. It seemed to occur more when I rode a little harder than the norm. I have since contacted various dealers who all seem to come up with the same answer. Carbon or muck stuck in the oil ring. It was suggested I run the bike on mineral oil for a tank or two and then flush the engine before refilling with fully synthetic oil as recommended. As replacing the rings is a hugely expensive option I was hoping for some suggestions.... HELP !!