I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

View Poll Results: Crash Poll!! Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?
I've crashed while moving multiple times. I can take it! 244 40.73%
I've crashed while moving only once. 149 24.87%
I've had multiple ZERO mph drops. 67 11.19%
I've had only 1 ZERO mph drop. 81 13.52%
No drops.. no crashes.. but I'm waaaaay over due. 31 5.18%
I'm too lucky, too pretty in my rose colored glasses.. Not gonna happen! 9 1.50%
NO crashes AND low lifetime mileage. 18 3.01%
Voters: 599. You may not vote until 'registered'. Please go here: http://www.i-bmw.com/register.php

Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Site Contributor

Re: Crash Poll!! Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?

1969 remember it well, was riding my Yamaha 305 big bear scrambler back from my girlfriends house.Was pretty warm outside and i had the proper attire on for riding..shorts with flip flops and a t-shirt...(hey it was warm ok..!!).So anyway along i was riding when suddenly what do i see in my rear view mirror ,a Honda Superhawk 305. Jesus it was black and lots of chrome, no way was this guy going to get by my Yammy.Sooooo of we went uphill on city streets, Monterey Blvd and Congo ave were approaching very quickly and i kept an eye on the Hawk in my rear view mirror, really really kept an eye on this guy (i guess to much)...BAmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm big airrrrrrrr flip flip slide.......oh nooooooooooo, next thing i knew i was laying next to the Supreme pump at an Arco station really hurting major hurting, my manly parts had some how snagged the steering damper knob and oh my my oh my (enough of that now, oh all is well in the performance department for those wondering).
So as i was regaining some clarity, i look up and see a black jacket and a white collar a round white collar and some beads..!!!

to be continued..???
Old 07-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Getting up to speed

Got run over in 1999 while riding my '96 Honda Shadow. Old bat destroyed the bike & messed up my left leg pretty good too. Took a long time to learn how to walk again.

Dropped my Suzuki Bandit 1200 in the parking lot at work while trying to maneuver into a parking space. No damage other than to my ego.

Followed a riding buddy into a ditch in 2001 while riding the Bandit. 3-case Givi rig took most of the damage, but the frame got bent, so they totalled the bike.

Dropped my '95 R1100GS in 2001 when I stopped too close to the edge of a recently repaved road, only to discover that the ground under my right foot was a solid 6" farther away than the ground under my left foot. Managed to jump free, but hyperextended my knee, which still gives me grief to this day. A few scratches on the bike.

It was a rough couple of years there, but I hadn't had any drops/wrecks before that and haven't had any since, either.

I'm a little paranoid about dropping the K12RS. I've never had a bike with a real fairing on it before.

--chiba
Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Entering the on-ramp

I crashed in 1977 on easter sunday. A car turned left in front of me. Broke both arms and a lot of road rash. I was unable to do the basic tasks in life for a long time. Like bath, wipe, it was really humiliaiting when your 18 years old and you have to have grandma take care of you. I had a great grandma !!! The other thing about it was I was hit by a car when I was 8 years old on the same road about 1 mile down the road. I NEVER go on that road any more.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
I wasn't speeding Officer

Send a message via AIM to Stick52

Seems like 100 yrs ago on my Honda CB750 hit a Buick broadside at 40mph. Oncoming car made a left in front of me then saw me and hit the brakes. If he woulda kept going I might of made it around the rear of that big old cage. A half second before, I took my eyes off the road to glance over my shoulder before changing lanes. DIdn't have time to brake. Sailed 30 yds over the car. Broken leg and somefingers. Helmet craked down the middle and saved my life.
Second crash last year just before DGR. Came off BRP onto 276 in the rain. I was following John O and Kenthegrass.....a bit too close. They saw the stream of water & sand flowing across the tight turn....I didn't. Lost the front and went down hard. Broke some ribs due to something hard in my jacket pocket when my side hit the pavement. Slid down the road on my shoulder and back. Helmet had a big ding, jacket, gloves, boots saved me from losing a lot of skin. Sliders saved my bike.
'98 Honda VFR Interceptor 800fi
Ducati Multistrada 1200S -sold
SV650s -sold
K1300 SLava Orange- sold
Gixxer 600 track bike - sold
K12 GT -sold
Ducati 999 - sold
R6 track bike- sold
K12R Sport - sold wish I hadn't
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Site Contributor

Has there been a poll on crash praier's? I rode a virago in the early 80's down in phx.
The odds were against me, so my plan was to have a short quick prayer .I didn't want to leave this world saying somthing bad. My prayer was Lord save my sole. I only used once sofar,and it worked for me. I hit an AMC pacer going 30 mph over the salt river bridge at night. I was doing 60 and did'nt see his dim tail lights till it was too late.
I hit centre of the hatch-back and launched over the roof.I had cafe bars and 1 up 4 down shifter so my leg's didn't get hung up in the bars.I hit the ground running about 50 and then rolled after my feet couldn't keep up.I don't know how long I was out for, but I do remember floating above the ground verry peacefuly.Then I started swimming back to the ground.I woke up on the shoulder about 15 or20 ft from my bike.First I wiggled my toes they worked so I felt better about that. Next while still on my back, I started feeling my knees and elbows. No blood, more good news. Now comes the head. Crap I found blood,not gushing so I got up off the ground and walked back to my bike mirror and took a look.It wasn't bad so I wiped it off with my shirt. I have a backwards j scar on my forhead too remind me.
Picked the scoot up to try and get away before the cops showed up,but there would be no more ride on that front wheel. The mag was shattered,forks bent back,and pipes crushed.Then the police arived and gave me a ride in their car. I had a concushion for 10 days.I didn't need a Dr.to tell me that.
No helmet,eye protection to be legal,gloves,jean jacket, and a hole lot a luck.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2008
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,056 Posts

Some great crash stories here folks.
Good reminders to wear the gear and keep ID and cell phone on our bodies as the bike might be far away from where we land.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy1
Some great crash stories here folks.
Good reminders to wear the gear and keep ID and cell phone on our bodies as the bike might be far away from where we land.

Putting your blood type on your vest/jacket won't hurt either as well as wearing clean underwear when you ride.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

One zero mph drop in my driveway on my last bike which was a nighthawk 750. I though I had already put the kickstand down but hadn't. Luckily it had crash bars. Other than that I've gone 35k miles so far in the last 20+ years without an unintended dismount. I don't screw around much but I do love those long sweepers on this k12rs. I'm sure some sand or gravel wil get me eventually.
1987 VW Scirocco 16V
2003 Suburban 4x4 Kid Bus
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Fast Thinker

Send a message via AIM to Corlock Send a message via MSN to Corlock Send a message via Yahoo to Corlock Send a message via Skype™ to Corlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto
Pirate,

For about ten years I was in the " I'm too lucky, too pretty in my rose colored glasses.. Not gonna happen!". Oh, and I was a great rider. One good smack down at 65 and I then knew better. Anyone, anytime...All the gear, all the time!

Im with ya.. Gear saved my body in my accident. I wear full gear no matter how hot it is.
===============================
2013 K1300S anniversary edition "Special K"...Currently modding as usual. (current as of March 2018)
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Site Contributor

Crashes in the dirt, too numerous to count. Back "in the day" the real motocrosses were gummers mates 'cause we didn't have fullface skid lids. On the street 2 wrecks, both my fault have no excuses just stupidity and going too fast. On the track, "s" happens. Strangely, my worst wrecks were racing bicycles. All seperate incidences; broken neck, wrist,shoulder with dislocation and the 2 bones in my pelvis the inferior and superior ramus, which makes me an ignoramus.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2008
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byknrrtl
Crashes in the dirt, too numerous to count. Back "in the day" the real motocrosses were gummers mates 'cause we didn't have fullface skid lids.
OUCH!! Lots of fun counted by broken body parts, huh?
Lindsay, what does the term in orange mean? I love it when posts are strewn with local language.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Site Contributor

Gummers mates, those fortunate individuals who put their teeth in a glass at night. A true test of ones desires to taste their handlebars at speed. Luckily for me, I always raced moto with a full belly
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Exceeding Highway speeds

A few drops at 0. Like, "I coulda sworn I put the kickstand down!" One slide down the road with my R1100S at around 30 mph after finding a piece of concrete that had absolutely no friction. Proof of that was when I stood up, wearing shorts, and looked at my right leg which slid down the road and there wasn't a scratch! Not one mm of broken skin! One hell of a bruise on my hip though.....
'09 K1300S Lava Orange sweet......
Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

As mentioned, plenty of dumps in the dirt when I was young.
One zero MPH drop 5 years ago on the K75s, rode it to work and was parking, put my foot down right on an oil spot...ZING! Down I went, and was able to pick 'er back up before anybody saw.
1983 on a brand-new Suzuki GS450T, someone turned left in front of me in an intersection. I locked up the rear and would have skid around the back end of the car, but they stopped. Back wheel hit their back bumper and we (me and my passenger) were launched. He was fine, I apparently broke his fall and provided a pad for him to slide on (my body). But we were on our way to the beach to meet a couple of girls, and I was wearing a polo shirt, jeans, flip-flops and my helmet/gloves. The bike ended up on my left foot (I was face down, the bike pressed the top of my foot into the pavement) and when I got up I noticed that I could see all of the bones in my toes. Ow. My right shoulder was ground to the bone, and my right nipple was almost gone. Double ow. Especially in the ER when they had to scrub it out.
And lastly, this past November on my new (to me) '06 K1200GT. On the way home from work a lady in a Nissan Versa turned left across 3 lanes of traffic to get into a gas station. Except I happened to be in her path. She panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake and slammed into the GT about 8 inches forward of my left knee. Witnesses say the bike flew across those lanes and landed on the sidewalk. I was knocked out. The bike was totaled, the car was totaled, and I got an ambulance ride. No broken bones and only one very small scrape on my wrist, but a HUGE bruise on my hip and a hell of a concussion. I remember trying to crawl out of the street and a guy was saying, "don't move!" I said, "I have to get out of the street!" and he said, "I'm a police officer, the street is blocked off. Don't move." Which made me wonder just how long I had been out. I almost got rid of the bikes after that last one because I realized that no matter how careful I was, I couldn't do anything about the other drivers. But I made a compromise and decided not to ride at night on the surface streets of Los Angeles anymore. So far, so good. I replaced the '06 GT with an '08 that only had 1100 miles on it and all of the extras. I still have the K75s as well. My compromise was my approach to "risk management".
Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Getting up to speed

In 46 years i had 2 bad ones a few stupidities like watching the pretty girl in bikini or on the side walk and ended up looking studid, one guy send me in the hospital for 9 months and 5 years of rehab with multiple surgery for face reconstruction (steal plat forhead, 467 stitches in my face that was in 1977) some old timer didn't see me and cut me right of in a country road and the second one had me having to go get rocks removed from my a%^ss every so often because i've party to mutch and kept saying to my buddys i'm ok (1989).
Took a while but i've learn keep your eyes on the road and drive for the cage that don't see you.

Be safe and dont drink and drive
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
like minded nut job

By my simple math, 65% of those answering have been in a crash.

My assumption is most of these riders are of the mature, BMW type riders.

What would this pole look like on a Gixer or Ninja or similar bike forum???

The other assumption could be that we were those young hot heads a few years ago.

I heard the two riders statement way way back when I got my first bike in 1980 and I crashed that bike within two years and I went down last year on a lonely country road in central California going too hot into a corner. Both my fault.

Just sayin.....
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Exceeding Highway speeds

When I first started riding in the in the 70' I learned about diesel fuel coming out of busses in turns and passengers that weight 100 lbs more than I do can cause the wheels to become parallel to the street. The last time I was not even on the bike. I had my new to me 08 K1200S for 3 days before my wife backed over it.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Wayward Son

Only 3 get-offs in over 100K Beemer miles. Only one crash was my fault (Being stupid). The two others I was run off the road by four-wheelers. I did put over 50K miles on my '01 K1200LT with zero crashes, but a few zero MPH drops, because it was so ridiculously top-heavy. Even Brian Smith dropped my LT, and he's a Motorcycle God. lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2009
Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,158 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep
Only 3 get-offs in over 100K Beemer miles. Only one crash was my fault (Being stupid). The two others I was run off the road by four-wheelers. I did put over 50K miles on my '01 K1200LT with zero crashes, but a few zero MPH drops, because it was so ridiculously top-heavy. Even Brian Smith dropped my LT, and he's a Motorcycle God. lol.
Pep ???

Whoa !

Where ya been?

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over!
This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Ride West 2008
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?p=191559#post191559
Ride West 2009 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=24292
Dad & daughter Ride 2011 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35470
André Slabbinck 1957-2014 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=50135
Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Wayward Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis
Pep ???

Whoa !

Where ya been?

Louis! Last three years I was taking care of my mom. She passed in February, so I'm reclaiming my life, slowly but surely.

Cheers.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2009
Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,158 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Louis

Sorry to hear that bud... see ya soon!

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over!
This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Ride West 2008
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?p=191559#post191559
Ride West 2009 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=24292
Dad & daughter Ride 2011 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35470
André Slabbinck 1957-2014 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=50135
Old 01-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Entering the on-ramp

If you don't agree stick around and you will find out ! If this scares you away let me know I might be interested in picking up your as yet unwrecked bike cheap ! When in my 20's traffic light malfunction led to 1 year in body cast . Then a few minor ones until in my 50's a pickup turned into my lane and hit me head on ! Flew 67 feat in air ( not so bad ) it was the landing that really f--ked things up ! After a trip to Harbor view to replace a couple of the old dirty plates in my leg and take out some of my guts that I guess that I didn't need . That was 12 years ago and I'm still riding and not giving up ! IT'S ONLY LIFE AND YOU SHOULD TRY TO LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST ! Try to keep the shiny side up and if not possible slide well !
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'reddy' for this post:
Old 01-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I went down twice when 18, riding Yamaha endure. First time was hitting sand mid corner and low siding, not hurt. Second time was showing off, pulled up front end and left hand came off hand grip, right hand gave more throttle causing me to go off back end resulting in broken wrist ruining my senior year of baseball. Have not went down since until 2 winters ago when I hit black ice in front of a fire station where water had run on the road after they washed their trucks, tough luck, no serious injury but $800 damage to K.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:16 AM
DOWN TO SKIN AND BONE

I'm getting better at recovering from those zero mph crashes. I ride off into the sunset and avoid those areas of the "Zero Incident" until I think those lucky enough to see the dummy in action won't be in the area.

If I could have those few seconds just before gravity takes over...

hanzosrevenge.blogspot.com

BMW '09 K1300S
BMW '14 R1200GS
Holy Tread-wear Batman!
Old 01-29-2017, 10:12 PM
Entering the on-ramp

At age 79 with ~150K road miles total on my three Beemers over 49 years, not counting driveway and parking lot drops (~4 or so of them), only one public road drop doing a two up U turn @ < 1 mph. Pretty much ATGATT.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

Wet painted lines are slippery, very slippery, no traction, away went the front wheel and down we went
German shepherds don't squish like squirrels, that one hurt. tibula and fibula for me, casket for the dog
Large hand full of throttle is not a good thing in a sandy corner - my very first high side, bike did a 180 and fell on its side amazingly no damage other than a scuff on the end of the crankcase.

Dirt bike and flat track crashes have been epic - makes me wonder if thats why i need new knees.

My ex daughter in law commented aren't you getting a little to old for motorcycles and suggested he should give up bikes. i think that made her an ex

07 K1200GT CGM
00 Ducati 900 Monster
Old 04-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Site Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to slatanik

Hi Fellow Riders!
Crashed 2 years ago on my Suzuki SV100S,on the speedway.
Traffic came to a stand still from 50-60 km/h.
I pulled aside,but was no room for my left leg...
Clipped the rear bumper on the car in front.
The car came out the winner..broken tibia and fibula,right under my knee...
Same year in December peaceful ride on the back roads...my front tire found a piece of glass and decided to deflate suddenly.
I pulled left the bike went right and i jumped off 80 km/h landing on my ass,lightly bruising my hip.While flying i watched my bike hitting the oncoming car on the side...
I think somebody UpThere is watching me...
Old 04-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Shooting the gap

I once mentioned to an H-D Rider that my BMW has ABS. He said his H-D has L-H-D. I asked him what's L-H-D? He said "Lay Her Down!"

I've always been of the opinion that there's two kinds of Motorcycle Riders; those who have wrecked and those who will. It's an inherently unstable vehicle and will show no mercy for your slightest mistake...respect it like a Gun!
'11 K1300S, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Corbin Seat, Low-Beam HID, Centerstand, Illmburger CF-Rear Hugger, Fenda Extenda, Philips 8-LED-DRL, Pair of 18W LED Flood Lamps, Rear Luggage Rack, Grip-Puppies, R&G Aero Sliders, OEM Hard Bags, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn, Bar-End Throttle Lock, Zumo 660LM, Nelson-Rigg Tankbag, Fuel Filler Neck Vent Holes, Aluminum Kickstand Foot, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers. Color: Red/Black.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

I haven't crashed in decades. I've had some close calls with vehicles pulling out in front of me occasionally but nothing too close or serious. 8 years ago I had a tip over when I came to a turning stop in a parking place. Just a bruised ego was all I suffered. I don't know what the hell happened on that one. That was humiliating. The guy in the store asked me what happened. I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Whew...

two times I have crashed...

lowsided a pristine 2004 R1100S, Mandiran Orange/Silver, due to dust sized gravel runoff on a curve.... totaled the bike, minor damage to me. ATGATT...

highsided a 2006 XL1200R due to gravel on a curve..... totaled the bike. AC separation and some lacerations.... again.... ATGATT

I see a pattern here.... but not then.... hahahaa

see ya
bill

Odd for both, that I was not "at speed", but late in the day and was riding lazy......
Old 06-19-2018, 04:31 PM
Getting up to speed

4 crashes, all minor. all slow. all my fault, But they are all our fault ! the first 3 were due to the actions of another, and I was not skilled enough, smart enough, or just watchful enough to avoid the incident. 4rth was pure dumb-ass on my part, it was also the last one after 30 years of riding, and the only one where I was dressed for the slide. Go-Figure.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:48 PM

On my '02 K1200RS Zebra...
On my way to Vermont, 10 am, beautiful day, 30 miles east of Woodstock NY, I caught a flash of a brown moving object on my right 4 o'clock, closing fast. I was dawdling along at 50ish mph. Then the doe was in front of me. Less than one second from first flash in my peripheral vision to impact.

I said to myself "We're in a heap of trouble!" Ok, settle the chassis, no fast moves, no hard braking, no sudden acceleration. Bike needs to be stable! Ride through it. I'm committed. Either you'll make it or die. I'm guessing I hit the deer on the neck somewhere. The body slammed around, hit my leg, and I remember it being much hotter than me. Odd sensation.

Ker-plunk. Ker-plunk. Holy shist! I'm still vertical! OK, take inventory. No pain. Bike is responding, brakes, steering, so the tires were in tact. Engine is running on-song. Mirrors need adjusting. Hell, I'm still riding to Vermont! Further visual inspection revealed a small stream of some blue liquid that was pi$$ing on my right leg. Mind you, I had not stopped yet. Didn't smell like Prestone. Wasn't hot. What the heck was it? I'd seen some type of business about 10 miles back. Nothing here. Gotta be something ahead. Down hill ahead. Kill the engine so if it is coolant, less chance to overheat. Bump start at it at the bottom, turn right at a traffic light (still in the middle of nowhere) and finally find an open body shop in High Falls NY.

I pull into http://www.jakesautobody.com/index.html took off my gear, and went in.

Owners asked what happened. You're still alive? Yup.
Owners were finest-kind of folks, realizing I may be in shock, sat me down, got me drink and we chatted. They gave me a small office to call the insurance company, and someone at home - I called my usual riding buddy who was stuck at home and asked him to break the news to my wife. They arranged for a tow to Troy NY to the BMW dealer for me and the bike. A big shout-out to the husband-wife team for staying late on a Saturday afternoon to help me out!

Cop who was in the parking lot. You're still alive? Yup again. No, he did not make an accident report. I didn't ask, insurance company did not ask, but the state of NY did. Go figure.
The business owner from 10 miles down the road reported a fresh kill on the highway. They said this guy hit it on his motorcycle. You're still alive?

Turns out the hotness on my leg was the deer evacuating - scat on my riding pants.

Finally... Have you ever ridden up the slanted bed of a roll-back all the way to the top? Hold it there till they re-lock the roll back in driving position?

BMW checked the bike, frame and forks straight, broken fairing, crushed right radiator, driving lights wiped out, and a bunch of little things. About $10K in parts and labor. Enough to total the bike. Dang it, I've only 350 miles on my $700 Day Long custom seat.

I told the insurance adjuster to write me as big a check as he could without totaling the bike, avoiding a rebuilt or salvage title. I rebuilt the bike myself.

I left the deer's hair that was stuck between the tire and the rim. The tire deformed enough to grab the hair and trap it in the first part of the bead. That's as close as it came to losing the front tire.

The bike has been rebuilt, went out to Co Springs last year, and did a one-month 6K mile odyssey last month.2016-06-24 10.44.10 copy.jpg

Cheers. Couple milliseconds and would have been quite a different story.
Yeah. I feel lucky.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:11 AM
GS Crash Test Dummy
Thanked 1,360 Times in 631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxk
On my '02 K1200RS Zebra...
On my way to Vermont, 10 am, beautiful day, 30 miles east of Woodstock NY, I caught a flash of a brown moving object on my right 4 o'clock, closing fast. I was dawdling along at 50ish mph. Then the doe was in front of me. Less than one second from first flash in my .... I feel lucky.
You either are or should be a professional writer.

Happiness is a way of travel — not a destination

This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'K1DUDE' for this post:
fxk
Old 07-10-2018, 08:35 AM

Thanks.

VERY Cool K1!