I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S/R" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S/R" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Entering the on-ramp

K1300s fan not working, wiring diagram needed...

does anyone have wiring diagram or pin diagram to the control unit?

The cooling system has been bleeded with vacuum, no air in there. Temp gauge is working but the fan doesnt switch on.

Fan itself works with jump wires.

I need to check the wiring but would be alot easier with a diagram
Old 05-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Re: K1300s fan not working, wiring diagram needed...

adding to my own post...bigger ecu connector pins 5 & 96 are for the fan. so wiring is ok but the damn thing still doesnt work. any ideas?
Old 05-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,416 Posts

Hi Hannu, welcome

If you have checked the connectors on the ECU and the wiring from ECU to fan and are all Ok, the problem is in the ECU.

Seeing your experience with the switchgear reapir on your thread, I think you can create a temperature switch to command the fan, as example sticking a thermal switch on the radiator or the water pump, before buy an expensive ECU
Old 05-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Entering the on-ramp

thanks bernardo. I checked all connectors again and now it seems to work. Cannot trust it anymore so I prepared an on/off switch for the fan on parallel of the original wiring. Will build a separate thermo switch if it fails again.

Its funny that an error combo of temp rising+ fan not working = Oil pressure low warning on the instrument panel.

After the red triangle and oil pressure warning I sat next to the bike in the city checking oil leaks etc and then decided it must be ok cause there are no weird noises and bike runs perfectly well. Got home and found out that low oil pressure warning doesnt necessary mean that oil pressure is low...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'hanjag' for this post:
Old 09-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Entering the on-ramp

This was solved? Mi k1300s its the same thing
If i let it on idle without moving, fan starts so well but when i ride on the street it never kicks on. So i turn off the key switch and then turn it on again and now fan starts to work, only for about 40 secs then it never starts again until i turn switch off and on
Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Twisted Wrister

But while you ride the bike does the temperature gauge indicates the fan should kick in?

When you switch off the ignition after a brisk ride, the part of the cooling system where the temperature sensor is located, can become hot because the coolant does not circulate anymore. So when you switch it on again, it is possible the fan kicks in.