I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300R > "K13R" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13R" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 01-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Getting up to speed

Kriega US20 - attachment options.

Hi. I have a Kriega US20 (and 10) that i want to use with my K13R and S. I have the original attachment straps, which were superseded by the alluminium hook varients in 2012.
Wondering if it's worth investing in these newer straps but also where you guys attach the straps to the bike (original or newer straps).
Many thanks any advice / opinion.
Cheers,
Andrew.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 PM
El Moderador

Send a message via Skype™ to HDF
Re: Kriega US20 - attachment options.

I use the Kriega tank adapter. Though I didn't have my Kriega bags when I had my K1200S's. I use it on my RT, but it should work OK on the K as well.

Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?

See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Thanks!
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'HDF' for this post:
Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 AM
Getting up to speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDF
I use the Kriega tank adapter. Though I didn't have my Kriega bags when I had my K1200S's. I use it on my RT, but it should work OK on the K as well.

Cheers- hadn't thought about that!
Old 01-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Entering the on-ramp

i got the US20, mounted on the passenger seat (alu hook straps) but its a bit too loose for my liking - no matter if full or almost empty

iam a bit sceptical to fueltank strap mounting, how good will velcro straps working after 1-2years?
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'garnoo' for this post:
Old 01-16-2019, 03:46 PM
Getting up to speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoo
i got the US20, mounted on the passenger seat (alu hook straps) but its a bit too loose for my liking - no matter if full or almost empty

iam a bit sceptical to fueltank strap mounting, how good will velcro straps working after 1-2years?

Thx for info, appreciated👍😎
Old 01-16-2019, 05:31 PM
El Moderador

Send a message via Skype™ to HDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoo

The only velcro strapping is the bit that goes under the seat to hold two of the straps of the fueltank strap mount. I've got these Kriega tank bag straps on three bikes and have had one for at least four years and tens of thousands of miles, I have had zero issues with them. It is the most robust velcro I have seen and it only serves the purpose of keeping the two straps on one side of the bag holder securely under the seat (which usually also serves to keep the straps in place).

The US10/20 bags are not secured to the tank strap with velcro. The bags are secured with quick release buckles.

Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?

See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Thanks!
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'HDF' for this post:
Old 02-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Entering the on-ramp

so, its winter here and i was quite bored...
it ended with a making a simple plate for my bag (kriega or bigger rollbag)
its very cheap compared to other plate options (sw-motech, bmw), all below 15$

made it from #3mm 1.4301 steel plus #3mm thick strut below, had some issues with welding - it made whole plate a bit curvy, so next try will be 4mm thick plate without it (both can sustain about 50kg before bending, and thats waaay above for those small for m6 bolts)

i can share CAD files if anyone interested

imgur images
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'garnoo' for this post:
HDF