I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,404 Times in 878 Posts

Post No more retro BMW motorcycles

Quote:
No more retro BMW motorcycles

Those expecting a new addition to BMW’s R nineT range, possibly in the form of a retro bobber, can kiss their hopes goodbye
submit to reddit

BMW Motorrad says that “the R nineT is complete,” hinting at the fact that no additional retro models will complement the existing series. Get yours while you still can!

A recent phrase in one of Motorrad’s annual reports speaks about how “the R nineT family is now complete,” hinting at the fact that no more nineT-derived models are planned. The same report speaks about the recently-launched Urban G/S, Pure and Racer R NineT versions, while making no mention about further development of new retro models.

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/no-...mw-motorcycles
Old 04-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Site Contributor

Re: No more retro BMW motorcycles

Not my cup of tea anyway so no loss to me but I did like the racer and considered buying one but the low hp, 110, and non liquid cooled engine were show stoppers for me. With the aggressive riding position of the racer you might as well buy a RR and have loads of hp and torque to enjoy.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Entering the on-ramp
Thanked 1,604 Times in 823 Posts

Re: No more retro BMW motorcycles

I can see why folks would like it but not my thing either.