I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Moderator -Tainting The i-BMW Gene Pool
Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,329 Posts

Bullitt - 50th Anniversary

I like classic films almost as much as I like seeing live music & it's a favorite pastime of mine. When at home, I usually have TCM on most of the time. A company named, Fathom Events, presents a variety of world-class entertainment events in movie theaters across the US. Apart from showing classic movies of all genres, they show live Broadway musicals, operas, all kinds of things.

This afternoon I took in a showing of the 50th Anniversary of Bullitt, starring the King of Cool, Steve McQueen. Man, what a film! And what a film to see on the big screen! The classic car chase is really something & you feel like you're in the car. And yes, Jacqueline Bisset is smoking hot!

Before the film started, they showed a mini-documentary about the film, featuring McQueen's son, grandchildren & others associated with the original making of the film. Very good and they shared quite a bit background & little known fun facts about McQueen, his influence on the film & dialog, how he set up the car chase with Bill Hickman, the other actors in the film, etc. But of course, the movie is the car chase. Unequalled, even till today. The car chase in the French Connection might be a close second, but nothing else even comes close. The director wanted speeds around 70 mph, but they were doing way faster than that according to McQueen's son.

Along with the mini-documentary, they also showed a Ford commercial for the 2019 commemorative Bullitt Mustang. Very well done and had me laughing a couple of times. If you're a fan of the movie, you'll enjoy the commercial.

If you're a Bullitt fan, it plays one more time this Tuesday October 9th, in theaters all over the country... check it out. It's awesome on the big screen.

All-New 2019 Ford Mustang BULLITT (featuring McQueen's granddaughter, Molly - also hot!)

1974 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850 California (Police Edition)
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champion Edition a.k.a. "Brutus"

- FZ

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" -
Arthur Schopenhauer

"Vulgarity is the crutch of an illiterate mutherfucker" - Chris Andries
The following (11) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'McFly' for this post:
Old 10-08-2018, 07:15 AM
(Moderator) My Life is a Blur

Send a message via Skype™ to Karlb
Re: Bullitt - 50th Anniversary

In doing albeit only a small amount of research into the GT350s I found quite a few reports that the voodoo engine burns oil at a pretty alarming rate some owners are saying a qt. In 2 k miles
Old 10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 7,059 Times in 2,900 Posts

Thanks Curt, that remains an all time favorite! And in case anyone is interested a very good friend has a 350GTR for sale - if so, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch. https://www.ford.com/performance/gt350/
Old 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Shooting the gap

Thanks for the Tip! Rounding up the Riding Buddies as I type to go see it.

'11 K1300S, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Corbin Seat, Low-Beam HID, Centerstand, Illmburger CF-Rear Hugger, Fenda Extenda, Philips 8-LED-DRL, Pair of 18W LED Flood Lamps, Rear Luggage Rack, Grip-Puppies, R&G Aero Sliders, OEM Hard Bags, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn, Bar-End Throttle Lock, Zumo 660LM, Nelson-Rigg Tankbag, Fuel Filler Neck Vent Holes, Aluminum Kickstand Foot, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler. Color: Red/Black.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:28 PM

I goofed on the day but not the date... 50th Anniversary showing of Bullitt is Tuesday October 9th

My bad!

For show times & locations check here: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...th-anniversary

- FZ

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" -
Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 10-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 7,059 Times in 2,900 Posts

If you watch the film count the number of hubcaps that come off the Charger during the chase scene, I counted six.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS350
If you watch the film count the number of hubcaps that come off the Charger during the chase scene, I counted six.
And they pass that green VW bug going down the hill about 3-4 times... cameras were set up in multiple locations. According to the documentary, the shot where McQueen blows the corner & nearly wrecks his Mustang was real. Rather than do another take, McQueen slams it in reverse & continues the chase.

I'm gonna go see it again tomorrow!

- FZ

Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 10-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

McFly, you are full of sh#t! There is no way in hell that this movie was made 50 years ago. Cannot be!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Shooting the gap

We all know the chase scene from To Live and Die in LA was superior.
Dont we? Better last line of dialogue as well iirc.