I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Welcome to i-bmw! > Intro Yourself to I-BMW.com
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Intro Yourself to I-BMW.com Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a pic of you and your bike (optional)!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 06-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Entering the on-ramp

New member from the U.K.

Hello everyone. Came across this site and joined, looks good! Had my k1200s for a couple of years now. Not a daily rider but do a lot of laundry my distance touring.

Anyone got tips on how to post images?
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 AM
(Moderator) Tries to be slick but fails
Thanked 1,207 Times in 551 Posts

Re: New member from the U.K.

Johnny

Firstly welcome to the site.

You can post photos as follows:

1. Upload your photo from your camera to your computer. It's best if you put them on your desktop as you can work on them more easily there.

2. Although the Gallery upload says file size is unlimited, it is not. If your file is over 1.5 Mb you will need to resize it downwards. Aim for under 1 Mb. In practice you a perfectly good image if it's between 300 and 500 Kb.

3. Click on the Gallery option and then Upload Photos. ou will be taken to the “My Photo Gallery Image Upload” page where you can upload up to 10 photos at a time. In practice, it is often easier to upload them one at a time as the server can have a hissy fit if you attempt to load more. All you need do is hit the “Choose File” button and select Desktop to bring up the photos you want to upload. As for format JPEGs work fine as do GIFs. PNG files - which is what you get when you take a screen shot - will not upload despite the fact that they are listed as acceptable formats.

4. You can upload all your photos to a single album but most people create a new sub-album for a specific event.

5. Once uploaded you are ready to embed them in your thread.

6. Open a second window for your new post, find the Forum you want to upload to - for example “Ride tales” - and click on “New Thread”.

7. Select the photo you want to embed by clicking on the thumbnail in your gallery. It will then open. Do not click on the opened picture - it will open as a much larger image and we want to embed the smaller version which is quite large enough for forum use.

The next steps differ depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC and in the case of a PC whether you use Chrome or IE.

8. If you are using a Mac with a mouse press “Control Click” and a menu will come up. Select “Copy Image Address”.

9. If you are using a Mac with a touchpad use a two finger click on the photo to bring up the same menu.

10. If you are using a PC with Chrome then you need to "Right Click” and select the "Copy Image Address”.

11 If you are using a PC with IE, click on "Properties", then copy the photo's "URL".

12. Switching to the window for your new thread you first click on the Mountain Icon - it’s the 5th icon from the right and a pop up will appear saying “Please enter the URL of your image”. Use Edit - Paste to insert the URL you obtained by using the methods in paragraphs 8 to 11, and Click on the “OK” button.

13. In your new thread box you will now see [IMG]http………[/IMG]. You may see the http link twice - if so, delete one of them.

14. Click on the “Preview Post” to check that you have successfully embedded the photo.

Now let's some photos of your bike!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:30 AM
ØZNAM
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,420 Posts

Welcome aboard Johnny!
Old 06-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,365 Times in 851 Posts

Welcome!

Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 AM