I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200GT-Slant 4 Version > "K12GT" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12GT" Technical Q&A K1200GT-'NG'- Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Entering the on-ramp

2006 Mystery turn signal

I recently purchased a 2006 k11200GT. When I get off the bike, put it on the side stand and lock it in the secure position with the key I notice the left side rear turn signal flashing. I cancel it as if it was a regular turn signal. Has anyone experienced this? Is it the security system of some kind or am I just doing something inadvertantly?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM
2013 Member of the Year

Re: 2006 Mystery turn signal

Very strange. Never heard of this problem. But that is some power you have! 11,200 cc!

No more "Vancouver.... the Blond Bimbo of Cities" for me
.... moved to Kelowna BC in the beautiful wine country of the Okanagan Valley.

- '08 K1200GT, metallic charcoal/silver
- '86 K100RT, Diamantgrau Metallic (great old girl!).
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
i drive f*#@in fast so keep up

dalziel, I am not riding a gt rather an earlier model rs but have had a similar issue. I'm unsure of the signal paddle set up on the gt but if it's similar to the rs I have the solution. My bike had a similar problem but I noticed after trying many, many things that when I turned the handle bars to the locking position the left hand paddle would touch the tank ever so slightly and activate the turn signal. Perhaps you're experiencing something similar. Not trying to insult your intelligence or anything like that, it took me a bit to realize what was happening to me.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Thanks to RFW and TheAK for the feedback. To RFW I like to think the bike is special but it is indeed only a 1200GT. To TheAK, that's a good possibility and I'll pay more attention in the future.

Thanks guys