I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300GT > "K13GT" Accessories
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13GT" Accessories Chit-chat of 'must have' items and 'add-on's'. NOTE: Please use the Classifieds section if you have items For Sale or WTB!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Twisted Wrister

Left handlebar rollerwheel

The new K16, as well as the R1200RT both have a roller wheel on left handlebar as an option.
On the K12/13 series this is not an option.
However it would be neat to have one and use it for music volume control, as well as PTT for Bike to Bike.
Therefore I would like to try to change my left grip and make a mutation, consisting of roller from the R1200RT and grip form the K16. This in order to maintain the look for the grips.

I would then like to program a PIC and use it to interpret the signals from the roller, and the PIC will control a digital pot-meter, mos relay for PTT and perhaps a small LCD.

So far I have a the wheel, and identified the different wires.

Anyone out there with similar thoughts and experience with PICs or similar devices?