I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,635 Times in 3,281 Posts

BMW offering 0% financing

I wonder how many here if any has taken advantage of this offer which I believe ends at the end of this month?

For many it would make sense to purchase this way - why use your own money if you don't have to?

Don't know how willing the dealers have been or will be in the closing days of this offer to also discount the motorcycle?

I have a suspicion this is not going to be a great year for BMW or most other motorcycle companies.

It seems riders are not so quick these days to drop big dollars on motorcycles as in years past.

If I could make up my mind about purchasing a street bike - now would be the time - I like using other folks money.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
The following (4) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'brucev' for this post:
Old 03-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Supporting Vendor
Thanked 2,241 Times in 878 Posts

Re: BMW offering 0% financing

I think Ducati had the same offer a few weeks back... "on certain models"..

Sadly neither one make a bike I want to purchase right now. I hope that changes soon.. My 2006 KS is getting a little long in the tooth and I have new bike fever....
Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate

Sadly neither one make a bike I want to purchase right now. I hope that changes soon.. My 2006 KS is getting a little long in the tooth and I have new bike fever....
Jerry:

I am pretty much in the same situation - well except today I don't own a street bike. I truly want to stick with BMW but nothing speaks to me.

I thought I was going to end up with an S1000R - but as of today I keep talking myself out of purchasing one.

Then I look at the RS and honestly it probably is all I need and more but something keeps holding me back on pulling the trigger.

Like you I think I want a mid size engine that has enough HP to keep me happy - and a bike that weighs less than my previous bikes.

16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 03-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Founder, I-BMW & Huge HD Fan
Thanked 1,650 Times in 899 Posts

Send a message via MSN to vics Send a message via Yahoo to vics Send a message via Skype™ to vics

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev
Jerry:

I truly want to stick with BMW but nothing speaks to me.

Why don't you drive out to my place? I've got a gently loved K12RS that will start right up.... You can use a project bike Bruce, though it doesn't require much. Even sportin' new PSSs all around Got a big tear in the OEM seat but I hear Rick's got one for very short $
Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Thanks!
Old 03-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vics
Why don't you drive out to my place? I've got a gently loved K12RS that will start right up.... You can use a project bike Bruce, though it doesn't require much. Even sportin' new PSSs all around Got a big tear in the OEM seat but I hear Rick's got one for very short $
Vic:

As tempting it is to do just that I really don't want an older bike - even if it only needs just a little. I work on my track bikes more than I care to - I want a street bike that I can just get on and ride.

Also I really do want something that weighs less than a KRS - when I mentioned an RS I was speaking of the new boxer RS.

16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 03-21-2019, 01:55 PM
ōZNAM
Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,525 Posts

Quote:
Got a big tear in the OEM seat but I hear Rick's got one for very short $
Free actually, all you have to do is come get it.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Founder, I-BMW & Huge HD Fan
Thanked 1,650 Times in 899 Posts

Send a message via MSN to vics Send a message via Yahoo to vics Send a message via Skype™ to vics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Free actually, all you have to do is come get it.
Is it still out on the porch?
Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Thanks!
Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate

I just read an article on advrider that Ducati is planning on introducing several new motorcycles powered by their new V4 engine. No timetable was announced and no mention of what models would get the V4 but it'll be interesting to find out what Ducati comes out with. I think the super sport would benefit from the V4 which would be a huge improvement over the current SS engine which is woefully underpowered in my opinion.

As for myself I decided to take the plunge and just inked a deal on a leftover 2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE. I'd have picked it up today but it's raining so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
I just read an article on advrider that Ducati is planning on introducing several new motorcycles powered by their new V4 engine. No timetable was announced and no mention of what models would get the V4 but it'll be interesting to find out what Ducati comes out with. I think the super sport would benefit from the V4 which would be a huge improvement over the current SS engine which is woefully underpowered in my opinion.

As for myself I decided to take the plunge and just inked a deal on a leftover 2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE. I'd have picked it up today but it's raining so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
I keep thinking about the Kawasaki. There was a great deal on a brand new one(being sold as used) in New Jersey.

Bike was sold and delivered to the customer but never ridden. I knew the guy who bought it - he unfortunately passed away just after the bike was delivered to his house.

16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 03-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
I keep thinking about the Kawasaki. There was a great deal on a brand new one(being sold as used) in New Jersey.

Bike was sold and delivered to the customer but never ridden. I knew the guy who bought it - he unfortunately passed away just after the bike was delivered to his house.

Hey Bruce, I was looking at that bike and came close to pulling the trigger on it but found a brand new bike for the same price. The deciding factor for me was the new bike comes with a one year warranty while the used bike is out of warranty. Sad circumstances for the original owner, didn't know him personally but was told he passed before having a chance to ride it.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hey Bruce, I was looking at that bike and came close to pulling the trigger on it but found a brand new bike for the same price. The deciding factor for me was the new bike comes with a one year warranty while the used bike is out of warranty. Sad circumstances for the original owner, didn't know him personally but was told he passed before having a chance to ride it.
Yes that bike was out of manufacturer warranty.

You did well to get a new one at that price.

I'm very interested to get your thoughts on this bike.

I met Brad I think it was @ the 2014 DGR he was a good friend of Jargon's.

16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yes that bike was out of manufacturer warranty.

You did well to get a new one at that price.

I'm very interested to get your thoughts on this bike.

I met Brad I think it was @ the 2014 DGR he was a good friend of Jargon's.

There's a lot of H2SXSE's out there right now that have been sitting in showroom floors for over a year and are now heavily discounted. Dealerships need to move the 2018 bikes to make room for 2019 bikes. If you're looking for one stay away from Bay Harbor Motors in Staten Island. They had a great price advertised on cycle trader but when I drove 75 miles one way to check the bike out and paid 20 bucks in tolls they refused to provide me the out the door price unless I put down a deposit. Why would anyone put down a deposit without first knowing the total cost of the bike? Needless to say I walked out and stopped by a Kawasaki dealership closer to home and within 10 minutes had a written quote, a trade offer on my ZX14R and closed the deal yesterday.

I'll report back on my H2SXSE after I get a several hundred miles on her, which might be difficult since it can't seem to stop raining in PA.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'wellcraft' for this post:
Old 03-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There's a lot of H2SXSE's out there right now that have been sitting in showroom floors for over a year and are now heavily discounted. Dealerships need to move the 2018 bikes to make room for 2019 bikes. If you're looking for one stay away from Bay Harbor Motors in Staten Island. They had a great price advertised on cycle trader but when I drove 75 miles one way to check the bike out and paid 20 bucks in tolls they refused to provide me the out the door price unless I put down a deposit. Why would anyone put down a deposit without first knowing the total cost of the bike? Needless to say I walked out and stopped by a Kawasaki dealership closer to home and within 10 minutes had a written quote, a trade offer on my ZX14R and closed the deal yesterday.

I'll report back on my H2SXSE after I get a several hundred miles on her, which might be difficult since it can't seem to stop raining in PA.
None of the Kawasaki dealers here have any. They didn't order any for stock just special orders.

They are not selling well - very similar to K1300 sales - great bikes for those who have/want them but a small portion of riders have any interest.

16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Just one of the Gurls
Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
None of the Kawasaki dealers here have any. They didn't order any for stock just special orders.

They are not selling well - very similar to K1300 sales - great bikes for those who have/want them but a small portion of riders have any interest.
On one of the last rides last fall, I ran into a H2 rider at a rest stop. Asked him what he thought, and having made it through his first tire change, said, after he said it eats tires, that the bike was amazing and it would take him a bit longer to fully get accustomed to it. His tire change was at around 2200 miles and he was coming straight from 12-13 years on a KRS by chance. He also said ergoís were not adjustable with aftermarket products, so you either fit it, or you didnít. I thought that was odd; I donít know Kawasaki, but thought maybe the aftermarket hadnít yet caught up to the bike.

Donít confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

ĎNarcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.í Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 AM
ōZNAM
Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,525 Posts

Quote:
Is it still out on the porch?
I will check.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:11 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:

The ZX14R is a fantastic bike, love mine, but it to like the K13S is a slow seller. From what I've seen since I purchased my 2017 ZX14R most dealerships only sell one or two a year. I suppose Kawasaki sells just enough of them to turn a profit so the ZX14R lives on. I think the high price tag, 22K, is a contributing factor to the H2SXSE slow sales. I know I wasn't a buyer until the price dropped down to 18k which to me is affordable and competitively priced compared to other sport tourers

The reason I opted for the H2SXSE was I wanted ZX14R performance combined with the touring capability of a BMW R12RS or RT. Lots of riders tour on the ZX14R but I didn't like any of the aftermarket bag options and I like the upgraded electronics Kawasaki has incorporated into the H2 platform.

More rain today in PA so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pickup the new bike.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'wellcraft' for this post:
Old 03-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jargon
On one of the last rides last fall, I ran into a H2 rider at a rest stop. Asked him what he thought, and having made it through his first tire change, said, after he said it eats tires, that the bike was amazing and it would take him a bit longer to fully get accustomed to it. His tire change was at around 2200 miles and he was coming straight from 12-13 years on a KRS by chance. He also said ergoís were not adjustable with aftermarket products, so you either fit it, or you didnít. I thought that was odd; I donít know Kawasaki, but thought maybe the aftermarket hadnít yet caught up to the bike.

From everything I've read from people that own a H2SXSE everyone seems to be thrilled with the bike. I've read the bike eats tires and I've read of limited aftermarket support but I think eventually aftermarket support will catch up. After all the H2SXSE has only been out for a little over a year.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:02 AM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

0 percent only in some states. There is 13 states that are excluded for legal reasons from what I understand.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'gomato' for this post: