I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Shooting the gap

Road Rage kills motorcyclist

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/01...ills-navy-man/

Quote:
The family of a career Navy sailor killed last week in an alleged road rage incident in San Diego was reeling Monday from their loss as his alleged killer was charged with murder.

“It’s just a huge loss to the country, to his family, to his friends,” said Kathy Cramer, the mother of one of U.S. Navy chief petty officer Zachary Buob's friends.

Police say Darla Jackson, 24, of Imperial City, ran Buob down, knocked him off his motorcycle and then drove over him Thursday during rush hour. Buob, 39, of Santee, died hours later at a local hospital.

The pair got into an argument as both drove on I-5 in Chula Vista, Fox 5 said. California Highway Patrol said Jackson, driving a black Nissan Altima, rammed Buob’s red Ducati from behind on a highway filled with rush-hour traffic, and then ran him over. She was charged Friday with murder.

Buob, 39, was assigned to the Naval Special Warfare Command, and had been in the Navy for approximately 20 years.

Jackson was booked into jail and is being held without bail pending an arraignment on June 2. The station spoke to Jackson’s mother, who said her daughter had been wrongly accused.

The woman said her daughter, the mother of a 3-year-old, was the victim because the motorcyclist was driving erratically.

“The motorcycle was trying to cut through some cars and for whatever reason he kicked the side of my daughter’s car,” the woman said. She said her daughter took off after the motorcycle to get the driver to pull over.

“She went on to follow him trying to get information for the insurance and what have you,” said Margie.

Authorities asked any witnesses to the crash or what led up to it to call CHP traffic investigator Brad Clinkscales at 619-220-5492.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/05/29/d...ad-rage-crash/

This young woman needs to be locked away for a long time. Whether or not he kicked her car is no reason for murder.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,041 Posts

Re: Road Rage kills motorcyclist

I had one instance of road rage with a cager...I quickly realized that bikes won't win the majority of encounters, regardless of circumstances. I now avoid any and all situations!

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

Currently Receiving Intravenous Sedatives and Rides a Pussy Bike with Pride

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 06-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Site Contributor

Looks like a winner to me...

https://www.facebook.com/djaxonlvsmc...type=1&theater
Old 06-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Shooting the gap

She looks like she'll fit right in in prison.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3e&oe=55ED7B14
Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,360 Times in 3,113 Posts

The woman not only hit the rider - then she ran him over. Look I don't know the details - but for the argument sake the rider was 100% riding like a jerk - got into it with her - kicked her door in.

Would a normal person driving the car get really mad - I would say yes - would a normal person run the rider over - absolutely not - she made a conscious decision to do that - she could have just let the rider go - he was in front of her at that point.

I get in the heat of passion and all that - but if every time someone did something or acted aggressively towards me - back in the day when I carried everyday - I guess there would be a few dead guys.

The woman is going to have a trial which she will most likely be charged - will it be murder or vehicular homicide - manslaughter - I don't know - but in the end I don't think she will serve the proper sentence for killing someone. I can only hope her case starts a trend to justly impose stiff penalties for this. Kill someone - on purpose go to jail - forever - that may get someone's attention.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'brucev' for this post:
Old 06-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Incredible...he was cutting through traffic and kicked my car your honor...so I killed him. Crazy...

2015 R1200GSA
Old 06-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,353 Times in 845 Posts

One witness reports that she sideswiped the rider 3 times before running over him.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Twisted Wrister

That's too bad, a no win scenario for the rider. Learned that lesson a long time ago; mixed it up with a guy in a Volkswagon TT, chasing him down a twisty road. First technical turn, he almost ran off in the oncoming lane, couldn't drive. Later, I thought about what could have happened if he met a car with me close behind.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 6,699 Times in 2,767 Posts

Speculating here, but maybe he was splitting lanes, she probably decided to cut him off a time or two, and maybe he kicked her door, and then she decided to kill him. Inexcusable! And what a sad tale for his family.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Shooting the gap

Sad story for sure.
Initially I was thinking poor guy on his HD cruiser...or something. Then I read Ducati. WTF?!
He should have just twisted that little rubber hand grip a bit more, No?

If someone were on my butt, bang'n into me after I kicked their car, I'd be out of there real quick, on my Duc or Beemer.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzing
Sad story for sure.
Initially I was thinking poor guy on his HD cruiser...or something. Then I read Ducati. WTF?!
He should have just twisted that little rubber hand grip a bit more, No?

If someone were on my butt, bang'n into me after I kicked their car, I'd be out of there real quick, on my Duc or Beemer.

Ha, Texas boy answer for sure. My choice; avoid the confrontation if possible, pull off the road, cool off. Can't win this scenario.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue
Ha, Texas boy answer for sure. My choice; avoid the confrontation if possible, pull off the road, cool off. Can't win this scenario.

Dude, you're from Tyler! She'd be lucky her head didn't get blow-ed off!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Site Contributor

I must have an hour's worth of similar experiences to tell of indolent, stupid, arrogant, traffic enraged cagers accidentially or intentionally using their car as a 4000lb club. Recently I found myself behind the iconic "Road Hog" in a minivan on a favorite mountain road. For several miles they ignored EVERY turn out or paved shoulder to allow my safe passing. Not until a Nissan Z car came up on my rear did I dare try a pass confident that the driver of the van would not attempt something homicidal with a witness present.

2006 K1200R 'Bebe'
Wunderlich/Rizoma handlebar conversion
Acerbis "Dual road" hand guards
K&N conical air filter
SW-MOTEC crash bars
VERY LOUD "Stebel" horn.
Oberon clutch slave cyl.
Moto-Zen levers
Pyramid hugger.

GONE
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster 'Prudence'
Heated grips
Kaoka cruise control
Sport shield/Fly screen
Big o'l chrome engine-bars w/ highway pegs.
CRAZY LOUD "Denali" air horn.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Zealot of Beer

The video and the witness statements make it clear that the perp is lying about this being an accident rather than deliberate homicide. But what about the kick to the door, why did he think it would be a good idea? And how did it turn out for him?

At that point where she had just swerved towards him but not hit him, he could have rode away from the situation but felt a need to escalate instead. I'm glad I've got my wits about me well enough that I've never had the urge to do something so foolish.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,353 Times in 845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXdB
But what about the kick to the door

Might have been defensive if the cager was trying to block/side-swipe the rider.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzing
Dude, you're from Tyler! She'd be lucky her head didn't get blow-ed off!

Ha, the thought would cross my mind no doubt

From reading, the woman has a short fuse for confrontation, and may have reacted to some simple move like lane splitting. It said the rider pulled off, maybe in an attempt to avoid further confrontation, and then she ran over him. It's hard to imagine a special ops type loosing his head without the appropriate weapon at hand.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Unhappy Re: Road Rage kills motorcyclist

Sad, but i saw few time in the past, riders with this kind of behavior, kicking doors and reckless driving… It's the best way to looking for trouble and trouble found him… let see what witnesses have to say..
Old 06-02-2015, 07:02 PM
To the moon Alice!

Some video

[IMG][/IMG]

1973 BLACK NORTON COMMANDO 850
2009 RED K1300GT
Old 06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Site Contributor

This just pisses me off! Call 911 and report the hit and run if that's what happened. Don't f'in kill the guy. Ridiculous!! I hope she rots in prison.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Admin/ Site Counsel

The psycho bitch has been charged and bail set at $1 million, more here,

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cer/ar-BBkCnXc

A San Diego judge set bail at $1 million on Tuesday for a 25-year-old woman charged with murder in what police said was a road rage killing of a U.S. Navy special operations officer on a busy freeway.

Darla Renee Jackson is accused of ramming her car into the back of Zachary Buob's motorcycle on Thursday afternoon and then driving over the 39-year-old man as he lay on the ground on a freeway in Chula Vista, south of San Diego.

Jackson pleaded innocent to the charges in a courtroom packed with scores of bikers and uniformed sailors who turned out in support of the victim. She could face a sentence of 15 years to life in prison if convicted.

Prosecutors say Buob and Jackson were both driving on I-5 freeway when an altercation occurred. Buob took a transition ramp to an eastbound highway and Jackson followed in her car.

“The defendant pushed the motorcycle 300 feet until he fell to the ground and then she drove over him,” Deputy District Attorney Laura Evans said. “From the witness statements, it appears it was a deliberate and intentional act.”

Jackson’s lawyer, Stephen Cline, said Buob “sped by her on a motorcycle and got angry about something and kicked her car, which she had just bought. He kicked her car hard enough for her to swerve and she wanted to get his information to give it to the police.”

“She’s sorry, she’s upset, she’s scared, she’s very worried about her 3-year-old daughter and she’s facing a murder charge,” Cline said.

Although reading this, I'm just wondering that unless his bike was damaged in an early part of the incident why he didn't get on the throttle and get the hell away from someone who was obviously trying to hurt him? A tragedy in every sense of the word.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS350
Although reading this, I'm just wondering that unless his bike was damaged in an early part of the incident why he didn't get on the throttle and get the hell away from someone who was obviously trying to hurt him? A tragedy in every sense of the word.

Pure speculation but perhaps he was hemmed in by traffic and couldn't easily get away? Or maybe after the multiple side swipes he was the one that wanted to get her information but didn't think she'd go as far as killing him.

Whatever the reason, this young woman needs to be locked up for a long time. It scares me to think this person is responsible for raising a child.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'stxman4' for this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 12:21 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,172 Posts

TV footage last night from a phone video taken by others indicates she chased him down on an exit ramp and ran him over.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxman4
It scares me to think this person is responsible for raising a child.

Sometimes I wonder why we need a license to drive a car, but no such requirement exists for having a child, at least in this instance...........
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'CJS350' for this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

If I had to bet I'd bet that he was using his boot to fend off the car as She was trying to bump him not kick her car. I'd be testing this bitch for drugs. Whom ever here is making here out to be a victim is insane. She's a killer.

2012 K1300S HP #419

Past BMW
1996 K1100RS Nice bike
Other Previous rides
96 HD Fatboy custom
94 HD Sportster
96 HD Sportster Wifes
Bunch of Vespa P200E restored and sold
A ton of Japanese bikes not worth mentioning
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Manxbuilder' for this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxman4
Or maybe after the multiple side swipes he was the one that wanted to get her information but didn't think she'd go as far as killing him. .

Hmm... Makes sense to me. I was wondering why he didn't just take off. BOOM! GONE!

She wouldn't pass him, probably thinking he'd get her plate number.
She probably cut him off, he pulled up next to her to give her the "What The Hell is Wrong With You" look, she knew she was in the wrong, exacerbated the situation by banging into him, he kicked her car.

I just cant see WHY he would slow down unless it was that.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

[quote=Fuzzing]Hmm... Makes sense to me. I was wondering why he didn't just take off. BOOM! GONE!

She wouldn't pass him, probably thinking he'd get her plate number.
She probably cut him off, he pulled up next to her to give her the "What The Hell is Wrong With You" look, she knew she was in the wrong, exacerbated the situation by banging into him, he kicked her car.

I think your right. She didn't want her plate seen and he wanted it. As far as her poor kid She/He will be better off growing up with another family member. Did you see the people She hung with? The child will be in better hands.

2012 K1300S HP #419

Past BMW
1996 K1100RS Nice bike
Other Previous rides
96 HD Fatboy custom
94 HD Sportster
96 HD Sportster Wifes
Bunch of Vespa P200E restored and sold
A ton of Japanese bikes not worth mentioning
Old 06-03-2015, 03:18 PM
I wasn't speeding Officer

Send a message via AIM to Stick52

She's scared and upset?????? She's should be! She's gonna be in jail a long long time.
'98 Honda VFR Interceptor 800fi
Ducati Multistrada 1200S -sold
SV650s -sold
K1300 SLava Orange- sold
Gixxer 600 track bike - sold
K12 GT -sold
Ducati 999 - sold
R6 track bike- sold
K12R Sport - sold wish I hadn't
Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Shooting the gap

Update - bail set at $1M...

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...305638281.html

Quote:
CHULA VISTA - A woman accused of running down a motorcyclist during a fit of road rage on a South Bay freeway pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a murder charge.
Darla Renee Jackson, 25, is charged with one count of murder and faces 15 years to life in prison if convicted. The judge set her bail at one million dollars on Tuesday during her arraignment that has garnered national attention and has resonated throughout the motorcycling community.
Nearly 100 motorcyclists showed up to see her first appearance in court and crowded the room -- so much so, that they had to use a lottery system.
The 25-year-old was visibly upset and shaken as she entered the not guilty plea to the one count of murder. "She's very sorry. She's very scared. She's very upset. She's very traumatized," said her defense attorney Stephen Cline.
Prosecutors said that she intentionally hit and ran over 39-year-old Zachary Buob, a chief petty officer in special operations for the U.S. Navy.
Jackson was heading north on Interstate 5 in Chula Vista when she got angry with Buob riding a red Ducati motorcycle near her Nissan Altima about 5:30 p.m. Thursday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The rolling altercation continued as the two passed through National City and merged onto eastbound State Route 54, CHP public affairs Officer Jake Sanchez said.
Investigators said that she continued to follow him until she hit and pushed him about 300 feet near Sweetwater Road. Once he was off the motorcycle, she then ran him over.
Charmaine Ramilo said she was on the freeway and witnessed Jackson tailgating Buob's motorcycle and said, "She tried to side swipe him and he tried to evade that and kicked her passenger door."
Jackson's attorney said the crash was a terrible accident, but court documents paint a different picture of the defendant.
Two former boyfriends filed restraining orders against her in 2012, citing a history of angry outbursts and making death threats. One of them told a judge that Jackson said, "I'm going to run your bi*** a** over with my car," as she drove aggressively toward him.
After Jackson allegedly rammed the motorcycle from behind and then ran over Buob, paramedics took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
"Not that every life isn't valuable, but he's not just some guy on a motorcycle who died. He served this country... So hopefully he died for a reason. Something good can come out of this," said Nicole Cramer a family friend of Buob.
A motorcycle ride was held last Sunday to honor the Navy service member.
Hundreds of motorcyclists rode from Westfield Mission Valley to the area on state Route 54 where Buob was killed last week.

Sunday's memorial ride was not only to honor the sailor, but to encourage all drivers to be courteous on the road.

"Share the road, raise awareness for all bikers. Take accountability for your own actions. This man shouldn't have lost his life over something so little," said motorcycle rider William Penick.
Jackson was booked into Las Colinas women's jail in Santee. Authorities asked any witnesses to the crash or what led up to it to call CHP traffic investigator Brad Clinkscales at (619) 220-5492.
Her mother daughter publicly defended the suspect by saying, "She is not a murderer."
Old 06-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Well I guess she'll just chalk it up to another loss on how she continues to be a victim of society...

Interesting how two ex boyfriends filed restraining orders on her.

2015 R1200GSA
Old 06-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson

Interesting how two ex boyfriends filed restraining orders on her.

I'm sure it had something to do with the Million Dollar bail. Thoroughly justified in my estimation.

2006 K1200R 'Bebe'
Wunderlich/Rizoma handlebar conversion
Acerbis "Dual road" hand guards
K&N conical air filter
SW-MOTEC crash bars
VERY LOUD "Stebel" horn.
Oberon clutch slave cyl.
Moto-Zen levers
Pyramid hugger.

GONE
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster 'Prudence'
Heated grips
Kaoka cruise control
Sport shield/Fly screen
Big o'l chrome engine-bars w/ highway pegs.
CRAZY LOUD "Denali" air horn.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'FR1956' for this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Shooting the gap

Toss her in a male prison and she'll probably scare everyone.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:40 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2015
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,066 Posts

6 years, not enough IMO.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Exceeding Highway speeds

only 6 frigging years...........but then it is san diego!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Shooting the gap

Judge says "not enough evidence to prove intentional"? If she had to chase him down at 80-90 mph and that's not intentional, then I don't know what intentional is...
Old 04-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Getting up to speed

Unbelievable! Have many Cagers who've killed motorcyclists received more than a relative slap on the hand sentence? We need to change the uniquely American perception that motorcyclists are less than human and don't deserve the same rights and privileges granted other citizens!

Lane splitting is legal in CA, right? She purportedly has a history of anger issues? Her exes are afraid of her?

So she accidentally ran the guy off the road then ran over him? I know I wasn't there, but perhaps she needs some more driver training, if that's the case?

We conjecture the motorcyclist should have avoided the confrontation, but perhaps traffic had him hemmed in; perhaps the "kick" was a defensive move; don't know, wasn't there.

Sad for all involved.

Pops
Old 04-13-2018, 12:01 PM
(Moderator) Cocked and loaded...
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,020 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to Kneedragger

6 years?? Not enough evidence?? As expected, justice not served in ultra-liberal Commiefornia!! Reminiscent of the Kate Steinle verdict!!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2008
Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJ1300
Judge says "not enough evidence to prove intentional"? If she had to chase him down at 80-90 mph and that's not intentional, then I don't know what intentional is...
This sentence is unconscionable.
She should have been given the same sentence she gave the rider - LIFE (his destroyed, with hers a life behind bars with other riders for cell mates).
Old 04-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Wookin' pa nub
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops
Unbelievable! Have many Cagers who've killed motorcyclists received more than a relative slap on the hand sentence? We need to change the uniquely American perception that motorcyclists are less than human and don't deserve the same rights and privileges granted other citizens!

I'm not speaking on this case specifically. But I will say that the day "bikers" start acting like respectable citizens then the general public will see a difference. Until then, we are all lumped into this category:

Keyboard Hero! Let the games BEGIN!!!

A product of "unfortunate upbringing..."

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Shooting the gap

Mind you deportment based on the assumption that your every move will cause death is the best worldview of a cyclist.

No good comes of road rage its ugly base disgusting psychological response.

Pull over every so often and carry no chips.
no 500 pound mass can trump 4000