I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300GT > "K13GT" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13GT" Technical Q&A K1300GT- Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 04-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Navigator V lead too short

When I bought my 2010 K1300GT, BMW (Oxford, UK) fitted a Nav V on the handlebars in the deal - although they did not ask me where I wanted it fitted and I presumed it would be above the instruments. My bad! . I've slowly tired of it's position and so bought Touratech's GPS bar (image) for above the instrument panel together with their Nav V locking bracket. It's a real pain to put together but with help from the 'long haired commander' we got there in the end.

My problem is: the Nav V is now above the instruments cluster - where I want it - but the cable running to the battery is so short it is pulled really tight and runs vertically from the battery cover up in front of my rev counter to the touratech mount.

Can I get an extension for the battery cable? It does not go directly to the battery but into the black box immediately in front of the battery. If I can get an extension is the wiring easy to do? Am I better off getting BMW to do it? Am I stuck with what I've got? After such a nice job the cable just looks silly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-611-0110-0_i_01.jpg (53.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nav-V-short-lead.jpg (112.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Re: Navigator V lead too short

Thought i'd bring this to its happy ending. Thanks to BMW Oxford North who advised me to take the bike further apart and low and behold the wiring for the GPS was folded and cable-tied underneath the bodywork near the battery. easily long-enough and job done and all well.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Revsh' for this post: