I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300R > "K13R" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13R" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 11-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Cobra Hypershots - Experience?

Hey guys

I am thinking of fitting a cobra hypershot to my k1300r. I was gonna go with a AC Schnizter but since they have run out of stock I think I might go for a cobra. The have a nice deep growl just how a like it (or so it sounds like on you tube!)

Anyone out there has ever seen or fitted one of this? if so, whats are your thoughts?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Supporting Vendor
Thanked 2,106 Times in 812 Posts

Re: Cobra Hypershots - Experience?

I've seen videos and sound clips and both like the look and the sound... Have no experience at all with the company that makes them.. Never heard of anyone here in the states buying one.. Personally... if I had that bike I definitely would consider the Cobra...

Where are they made? and what kind of pricing is on a slip-on kit?? Got a link to a website that sells them?

Found this on Youtube of one on a S1000XR.. Very tasty... https://youtu.be/hglTFsss2mQ
Old 11-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Hey Pirate

Yes I think the same as you. They are made in Germany if I am not mistaken and they have a ton of different exhaust types, slip on, bolted, racing etc.

Prices are low enough, they start at around 300 euro and increase depending on the finish you choose.

For instance, the hypershots start at around 300 and can go up to 850 euro depending on whether you choose mat, black, etc etc.

But for 300 you get the basic silver looking exhaust. Which I think it pretty good.

The American Site has a bit more information than the german one

Here is the american

http://www.cobra-exhaust.com/

and there is the german

http://www.cobraexhaust.de/

I have only watched 1 video of a K1300R with the exhaust and it looks nice, however, mobile cameras dont tend to catch low tones very well so I think I will only appreciate it if I listening in person. I have seen the XRs video as well as a V Storm... and they both sound great. Very deep sound, I fear it might be too loud, but hey, they also come with dB killers so if it is too loud I can just fit them on!

I honestly think I am gonna go for it. Probably with the ultra short one (10 cm shorter than the normal one)
Old 11-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,793 Times in 2,064 Posts

What about this one? Awesome pipe! I've seen and heard it.

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?...roject+exhaust

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Twisted Wrister

The XR is different in that the cat is in that breadbox under the bike. You can run the bike without the muffler and it's not noisy at all. The K13R has the cat in the muffler, and is MUCH louder if you run it without a muffler. Not making any judgement whatsoever, just saying that you shouldn't make a decision based on the XR example if you have a K13R. Good looking pipes.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Sorry guys for not replying before I was Out of the country for a few days.

I contacted Cobra and asked them a few questions,, never heard back from them so I decided to get the AC Schnizter in the end since they were back in stock on friday.

I was very close to getting the SC project pipe, but from what I read it was a bit too much of a screamer and I was looking for a low rev - growl type of pipe...

we will see

thanks all for your help