I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Alternate bikes > BMW R-Series
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

BMW R-Series Discussions of the Boxers EXCEPT the GS/GSA

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 04-27-2017, 12:00 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Seats...again.

So I leave in the morning to go pick up my soon new to me 2012 R1200R. I believe this comes with the "standard seat". Definitely not the low seat.

The guy I am getting it from says this fits him at 6'4" (which probably means he has a 34-36" inseam), but then he's the seller so why would he not say that. Plus my old knees are not too happy with a 90 deg bend or tighter.

Anyway, I have read a number of threads here about seats, and so far it seems like the "best bet" if I need to go taller is direct from BMW. That said, I am wondering if I missed any vendor who just sells a taller foam pad and cover. I looked at some of the "usual suspects" for aftermarket parts (seats) and I wasn;t seeing anything that stuck out.

Conversely, if anyone has installed the lower pegs option how has that worked out?

Thanks!