I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300R > "K13R" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13R" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 01-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Wanted - K1300R

I've just stuck up an ad looking for a K1300R, however I thought that I would add it to the forum too in the hope of increasing my chances.

Ideally I would like something like DoctorW02's - it looks perfect!

Iíve been tempting myself with a K1300R recently, but am struggling to find the perfect bike. I went to look at one today which unfortunately was not quite what I was after. I therefore wonder if there is anyone on this forum that is looking to part with their pride and joy.

Iím in the UK and am looking for a 2013/14 bike with low miles (under 7,000 miles). Ideally I would like a red one, but this is not a deal-breaker. A full BMWSH is a must along with it being in immaculate condition.

I am happy to pay the right money for the right bike, but for a private sale I would expect to pay between trade and retail, which I think is fair to both sides.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Chris.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:33 AM
Site Contributor
Thanked 5,006 Times in 2,036 Posts

Re: Wanted - K1300R

Look here Chris. Plenty to choose from in England.
A few 2014 with low miles.

http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.com...ll/st_datedesc

K1300S - 2011 Blue - 30,300km
R.I.P. - K1300R 2013 Red - 70,000km
Old 01-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Thanks KiwiMat. I took a look at the link and there are a couple of K13Rs on there, but the bulk are K13S'.

The blue one looked especially interesting, so I gave Cannon BMW a call about it and unfortunately it was sold some time ago. He said that they had had several enquiries on other bikes via this website, but always on old ads!

Shame, it looked nice.

Thanks,
Chris.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Speed Demon

Looking on Bike Trader I see their are 3 red and one black that fit what you are after how good they are close up is anyoneís guess,I must have looked at a dozen at least before I bought my 1200 a torch shined up the front and around shock normally told the story.
R1100s
XT660SM
Old 01-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Hi ChrisCannin,

It sounds as if we are like-minded when searching for the perfect bike. To find the right bike I'd prefer to drive all over the country and reject them all, rather than compromise.

The black bike was the one I went to look at and rejected earlier in the week. Whilst it had lots of desirable goodies I was put off by rather poor presentation (i.e. it was not gleaming) and the fact that none of the original bits that had been removed were available. They were asking absolutely top dollar and I didn't feel that it warranted it.

The other 3 look to be in motorcycle 'supermarkets' and having been to a couple, I realise that they pile 'em high and are just interested in shifting metal.

I'm keen to find a bike that has been well cared for, has a history, has all it's original parts available (if it's been farkled) and hopefully I can meet it's original owner who will be a fussy bugger, like me!

I know that I'm asking a lot, but I'm in no rush. I hope to succeed in my quest, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.

Chris.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 AM
Speed Demon

Oh blimey we really are singing off the the song sheet then because the front runner for me was the Rite Bike with with no history but certainly are in the Stack e’m high theme I was going to say sell e’m cheap but I don’t mind admitting having not looked at R prices for a while they are well salty

My experience if it’s any help.

I started with the intention of buying an S to the point i’d Already bought various bits and bobs hence why I have Ventura side frames among other things,but then a K1200 Sport came on eBay I phoned the guy and asked to look at it went to Peterborough which was no big deal as I was working for the Wednesday comic at the time it was the best secondhand bike I had ever bar non with all the bells and whistles on except aftermarket wheels,long story short I got absolutely smoked on the bidding

A month later another turned up again on eBay,same again it was as good with 1700 miles on it not as many bells and whistles but good enough and with instructions from my other half to stop being a tight arse and managed beat off all comers and its as good as the day I bought it.

The only thing I was determined not to have was ESA I didn’t want it at any price and now run Wilbers ironically I didn’t want ABS either but couldn’t find a bike in that spec Sod’s law two weeks after buying mine an R sport in that spec turned up in Cannock

Maybe a coincidence but I found most private sellers of K’s to be pathalodgical liars because on the phone couldn’t even answer ‘Has it ever been ridden during winter’ correctly and had a lot of wasted journeys.
R1100s
XT660SM
Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Speed Demon

The one at CMC might be worth a trip through the Beacons on a decent day for no other reason itís non ESA.
R1100s
XT660SM