I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S/KR" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S/KR" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Getting up to speed

Procom power jet

Just bought a procom power jet for my 2004 K1200s its instead of the booster plug & means i can alter the fuel/air mixture to help with the rough idling . Says it plugs into the air temperature sensor but where is that on my bike? guess its in the air box? Didnt want to take off every panel if it can be accessed without.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Shooting the gap

Re: Procom power jet

Behind the left side panel near the front, just below the snorkel.

2010 Lava Orange and Carbon K1300S - traded
Old 05-04-2018, 06:59 AM
Site Contributor

No.... thats the outside air temp sensor if you have a BoardComputer.

The temp sensor you are looking for is in the airbox.
You need to take the tank off to get to it...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Patrique83' for this post:
Old 05-06-2018, 01:26 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,533 Times in 1,173 Posts

Yes, remove the gas tank and it is on the right side bottom of the air box. Push the metal bar clip in to release it. Read some threads on how to mess with the fuel tank and the quick connect fuel line. Hold the release slide in until the connect is completely removed, and going back together hold it in until bottomed out (hard to do). This will keep the release slide sharp edge from clipping the O-ring edge and creating a leak. Of course it helps to be low on fuel. Take your time and it is not hard just a lot of stuff to do.
(kind of cool three continents involved)
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Beech' for this post:
Old 05-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Getting up to speed

Hi all, didnt get the replies on time because they didnt show as email reminders so followed my nose & took the tank out to get to the air box & there it was. All back together & fired it up,runs better but then found water dripping from the rad !!! Nothing I had done but NOW ive been told they suffer with corrosion on the bottom because you cant see it & clean them because its behind the grill. Another 550 for a new rad.

Ive also noticed he engine seems to rattle but if I pull the clutch in it stops ...might this be clutch plates ?

Also the battery drains over a few days (always has done) any ideas?