I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S "Tires
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S "Tires Different tire-brands and suggestions

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools.. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:05 AM
rocket rider rocket rider is offline
Entering the on-ramp
Post: 5 Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
B-Spec?

I'm interested in purchasing a set of Michelin PR4's. My question is I see some of you mention getting the B-Spec when getting PR3's, what is B-Spec? If I go to purchase PR4's should I be looking for some special Spec, or assuming it's the right size (and the standard, not the GT) are they all the same?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM
BeemerMikeTX's Avatar
BeemerMikeTX BeemerMikeTX is offline
Exceeding Highway speeds
Post: 1,208 Thanks: 716
Thanked 455 Times in 319 Posts
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: League City, TX USA
Re: B-Spec?

Rocket - See the PR4 vs. PR4 GT thread. B-spec is essentially the "GT" version of the PR3.
__________________
Mike

2013 BMW K1300S "30 Years"
1995 BMW R1100RS
1988 BMW K75S
1997 Ducati 916 Monoposto
1995 Ducati 900SS CR
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2014, 09:59 AM
K13Mike's Avatar
K13Mike K13Mike is offline
Living the Dream
Post: 1,604 Thanks: 186
Thanked 811 Times in 390 Posts
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta., Canada
Re: B-Spec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket rider
I'm interested in purchasing a set of Michelin PR4's. My question is I see some of you mention getting the B-Spec when getting PR3's, what is B-Spec? If I go to purchase PR4's should I be looking for some special Spec, or assuming it's the right size (and the standard, not the GT) are they all the same?

Thanks

What Mike said is correct the PR4 GT replaced the PR3 B spec. brucev from the forum actually spoke to the manufacturer about them as well.

The standard PR4 is 100% load rated for the K1300S right up to BMW's max vehicle load rating. IMO the only time that you might consider it on your bike is if you weigh 400lbs or more OR ride extensively with a passenger and luggage. In that case they will reduce tire flex and improve ride quality. If you are not carrying all that weight you would be just adding unnecessary unsprung weight to your ride.
__________________
2013 BMW K1300S Black
2013 Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere White
1983 Suzuki GSX1100S Katana Silver
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
rocket rider rocket rider is offline
Entering the on-ramp
Post: 5 Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: B-Spec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13Mike
What Mike said is correct the PR4 GT replaced the PR3 B spec. brucev from the forum actually spoke to the manufacturer about them as well.

The standard PR4 is 100% load rated for the K1300S right up to BMW's max vehicle load rating. IMO the only time that you might consider it on your bike is if you weigh 400lbs or more OR ride extensively with a passenger and luggage. In that case they will reduce tire flex and improve ride quality. If you are not carrying all that weight you would be just adding unnecessary unsprung weight to your ride.

Just to make sure I understand, when you said "IMO the only time you might consider it on your bike" you were talking about the PR4 GT correct?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2014, 10:55 PM
K13Mike's Avatar
K13Mike K13Mike is offline
Living the Dream
Post: 1,604 Thanks: 186
Thanked 811 Times in 390 Posts
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta., Canada
Re: B-Spec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket rider
Just to make sure I understand, when you said "IMO the only time you might consider it on your bike" you were talking about the PR4 GT correct?

Thanks!


Correct Steve, if I weighed 400+ lbs or carried a passenger and luggage a large percentage of the time I would go with the GTs. But I don't on either accord which is why I just put on a set of standard PR4's.
__________________
2013 BMW K1300S Black
2013 Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere White
1983 Suzuki GSX1100S Katana Silver
Reply With Quote
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'K13Mike' for this post:
Reply


Thread Tools..
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads (a database pull of similar subject matter)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1300s Heavy Spec Tires? scrape "K13S "Tires 18 08-05-2016 10:11 AM
Tech Spec and back bad Jester4always TechSpec USA 5 01-07-2013 09:12 PM
Street legal SBK spec bike Kneedragger All 'Other' Motorcycles 6 11-19-2010 12:45 PM
Spec help MIMrBill "KRS/GT" Technical Q&A 6 02-26-2009 01:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.


I-BMW.com is via vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2018, I-BMW.com LLC .
Page generated in 0.39719 seconds with 15 queries