I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S/KR" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S/KR" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Twisted Wrister

Re: 08 K1200S build/questions/mods

SJBMW tried it, you lose HP as you get hotter air. Keep the snorkles.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Shooting the gap

Isnt his bike an F800S?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Shooting the gap

Update..... slow progress getting the Power Commander installed. My back has been hurting a lot so working on a motorcycle is not something that would help. My back is now feeling better and I got the power commander installed except for the throttle position sensor connection which is very difficult because there's little to no space to get the clip on the connector. I also had to make a couple of repairs to the air box. When I remove the airbox the upper Mount had been broken by the previous owner apparently. I fix that with abs cement that I got at Lowe's. Also there was a air hose connection that broke off the air box that I also had to send it back on with the ABS cement. I don't know if any of you know about ABS cement that is used for abs pipes found at your local hardware store is perfect for repairing ABS Plastics such as that found on the air box and even fairings. It actually melts the plastic and it becomes permanent because it is ABS plastic in liquid form. Anyway I'm waiting for the cement to dry on the air hose connector.

Pic of upper airbox mount repaired:

Airbox nipple repaired:

Overview of bike showing Power Commander layout:
Old 12-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Shooting the gap

All connectors are hooked up except the TPS connector. How do you get the clip on the TPS connector??? There is literally no room to get hands in there!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Site Contributor

I used a wooden icecream stick...... (Thats all i had at the moment)

And i broke my finger twice to get to it. After that it becomes much easier.

Took a while though to get it off.....
Old 12-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Shooting the gap

Not a bad idea. Ill round one up. I bought some surgical forceps. I lost the wire clip and had to order one from the dealer. In order to get the wire clip, you have to buy teh entire connector ($20!!). When I spoke to the dealer, he said that a trick is to partially installed the clip and then slide the connector in place and then push the clip the rest of the way in. The part will be in on Friday. In the meantime, Ill install the metal fuel connectors that came in from Beemer boneyard.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Getting up to speed

What an awesome thread... need to get busy..
Old 12-15-2016, 02:11 AM
Site Contributor

Lucky you, that its only one clip....

The BMW dealership were my powercommander was removed at took off all the clips and threw them away. I had to lockwire all connections in place.

After 2 hours of that, i called my chiropractor for a back adjustment...
Old 12-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Shooting the gap

While the tank was off, I changed the quick disconnect fuel fittings with metal fittings.

There is an excellent sticky on here that describes how to do it. The original fuel clamp was a pain to get off but it does come off after some prying.

The connector on the fuel tank comes off with a 19 millimeter open-end wrench. It wasn't on very tightly so I won't install mine on very tightly either just slightly tighter than hand tight. Now just waiting for the missing connector wire from the dealer
Old 01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Shooting the gap

Well I learned something when I picked up the TPS connector assembly from the dealer. The wire is not supposed to pop out. You push the wire in and pull out the plug. It was a $20 mistake - now I know.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Getting up to speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Regarding idling, I took the bike up to a fairly high altitude and noticed that the idle was higher. Earlier in the trip the temperatures were very high and the bike was idling very roughly. I'm suspecting either the idle control valve or whatever the BMW version of that is or possibly the airbox?

I replaced the front turn signals with clear lenses and silver bulbs that flash amber color.

Before:

After:

Some pics of nice bike taken in front of run down abandoned warehouse for artistic effect:

Rear pod after wet sanding, rubbing compound, Polishing Compound, glaze and wax:

Got the part number for the front signal bulbs in either amber or silver /amber?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Shooting the gap

I dont but its got to be very common.Anyone know?
Old 01-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Site Contributor

I put a 1300 drive shaft on both of mine and I like it.Get a tin of optimol ta grease for the splines and exhaust. http://www.motobins.co.uk/ enter part# 95805
Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Getting up to speed

Quote:
I dont but its got to be very common.Anyone know?

The rears are not available anywhere I can find in Amber.....
Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Shooting the gap

The stock K12R must have amber bulbs since the stock lense is clear.

UPDATE*** The rainy weather and other complications have kept me from puttng the bike back together. One hurdle is out of the way, the lost wire from the TPS connector. You have to buy the whole connector ($20) which I did. I installed the wire in the connector and after a bunch of fiddling around, got the TPS connector hooked up.

The repaired broken nipple on the airbox came off so I re-attached it with ABS glue. Hopefully it holds this time. The airbox clamps is the next issue. Im looking for the screw type clamps. I think they are available on the K12rs and maybe the K12LT. I dont think I want to reuse the original crimp clamps.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Site Contributor

I have an '05 K1200S, blue and white, with all the stuff you seem to want. If I had known then what I know now I would have bought a bike with out the fancy bits. I'm not sure that spending money on handling modifications is productive on a bike that carries its battery as high as possible... just saying. I found a '03 Aprilia RSV for that stuff, and it cost less than a set of electronic shocks. For the cost of a center stand you could have found a nice "pit stand" for the rear. The ABS is a recurring nuisance, with numerous code issues. And I especially do not like the linked brake feature, and the servo system and I'm planning on eliminating it along with the ABS module and function. The electronic shocks are not worth the bother, they've left me totally unimpressed. And, they cost a fortune to replace. The alternative branded shocks are a great option if yours need to be replaced. The headlight is set up to be adaptable for left hand drive or right hand drive countries. For the right hand drive countries, like USA, the holder is designed to throw most of the beam to the right. It is my understanding that the owner's manual covers the headlight system in depth, but like everything else, the owners manual is expensive. I also have heated grips, and they may be the only fanciness I like, took me awhile to come around to air conditioning and power windows in autos, too. The one thing I would recommend, especially to someone who seems to do their own work, is the GS911 scan/program tool. The difference between the Pro model and the Enthusiast model, besides $$$, is that the Enthusiast model is limited to 10 VIN numbers. There are also gradations in levels of software utilization. I bought the most affordable GS911 (about $270 US) which requires a laptop, via mail order from a dealer in MT. The soft ware is downloadable. Oh, and there's a smart phone app that will open the GS911 as well. Another route would be to go with the BMW OBD automotive CAN tool, and purchase the "D" cable, or the round plug cable, that fits the motorcycles. Search the threads here and you will find a discussion of the OBD auto style scan tools and motorcycle use. Likewise, the BMW road racing community has "hacked" the tuning code, and there is a Power Commander available, at least for my version. The most important modifications are to make sure that you have the cam chain parts to keep the chain from jumping---CRITICAL!!!. Once again, there are great threads here on the subject, and it's easy to see if you have the anti-jump piece installed. I would also suggest a duplicate key from the dealer, if you have only one, because the key is integral to the system. I made my front axle tool at home, and you will need one to change front tires. There are weird little things to learn, like the cold start procedure, turn key on, wait for codes, pull clutch lever in and release, then start, and TPS reset, disconnect battery for 10 minutes or more, then work the throttle several times after re-connection. There's a bunch of codes that will allow the bike to crank but not start. Several of the shop manuals you will find on ebay are pirate copies of the dealer's computer based maintenance and service manual system, which is for in house use and can be very frustrating, but you will learn the flat rate for procedures. Oh, and don't drop the battery cover screws down into the black hole that lurks beneath... Happy riding
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Shooting the gap

Puptent: Thank you kindly for the information!

***Update*** I am converting my airbox clamps from the crimp style to the screw type - part #11611464912. These should be much more user friendly than the one-time-use crimp clamps. Clamps come is Friday...cost $24. More rain coming, more delays. Cant wait to get the bike on the road! In the meantime, I ride my red 99 Triumph Sprint ST darn it...LOL.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:56 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,543 Times in 1,182 Posts

Very difficult to orientate a screw clamp on cyl's #1&2. Those "Clic clamps" are reusable, they overlap and snap into the proper tension.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Site Contributor

WHAAAAAAAT?

You still haven't put the bike back together?

You can buy those clamps at any Hardware store for $3..... Just sayin.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 AM
Site Contributor

Still fighting my no startGS911 cleared all codes, and has scanned for faults, high pressure rear brake the only existing (Beech, gonna put your wrench to work!). Thinking of parting out the Great Blue and White Whale.
I broke down and bought an owner's manual on ebay, I'm embarrassed to admit what I paid, so don't ask. But, there is some very good info... A service manual that I bought on ebay was a pirate of the dealer system, not so useful on a simple PC platform. Found another one that is useable, can't remember who published it, but they specialize in CD based manuals... I have not found a specific paper manual, Clymer or Haines, for the K1200S, If anyone comes across one
I have also discovered that my "Enthusiast" GS911 (paid $260 with USB cable for laptop) can be upgraded to "Pro" on line, I'm assuming the cost associated would be for licensing unlimited VIN's.
Using GS911 has also revealed that the 2005 is not CAN based... I think that your 2008 might be new enough? CAN BUS would allow you to use the automotive scan tool with a M/C cable. There is a thread on the site that goes into depth.
Not moved into the new shop quite enough to move the Great Blue and White Whale in just yet, so still working in the unheated machine shed. But I'm beginning to think that it will take a ride to the dealer in MPLS, anyway.
I always make my motorcycles "mine", as well. Have a 530 chain swap ready to go for the Suzuki GS1150, along with new tires and Katana style turn signals, and the new exhaust is coming from Canada. Aprillia Mille gets new shoes, as well. Suzi GS1000 gets the new front end mounted, and the heart transplant, and a set of Bridgestone BT 45's, a nice low cost bias tire. (with a set of stock carbs, she just might be street-able) Good luck with your project.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Post 198 is total junk, I was thinking K1200RS. Sorry.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Shooting the gap

Patrique: Its been one delay after another. I had to race up to the Bay Area to help my elderly parents after they both fell in separate incidents. Also, the weather here has been unusually rainy which further delayed things. Im sure I could have gotten cheaper clamps, but I wanted to make sure I was getting the right ones.

We are continuing to have rainy weather. Ill pray to the rain Gods for a break and look to Saturday to get the bike back together. Keeping fingers crossed!!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Shooting the gap

Weather continues to be horrible although this weekend was better. No progress on the project....I know I know.. But anyway, when I went to the sealer to pick up my screw type clamps, we determined that they were too small. The dealer pulled up the stock clamp and discovered IT ALREADY IS THE SCREW TYPE!! How can this be?? Everyone is saying that its the one time use clamps.. So he let me return the small clamps and buy the screw type clamps. They were $25 for all 4.

Im having difficulty installing the fuel rail. My injectors are in the throttlebodies. Should I pull the injectors out and push them in the fuel rail and then push each injector in the throttlebody? How are you guys installing your fuel rail? Also, do you use a bit of lube to help it install?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Site Contributor

The dealer must be an absolute idiot....

The original clamps are NOT screw type.
Their system works more like a zip tie.
When you push the two ends together they hook into each other.

I would just go to the local plumber store and get them there.

Fuel Rail: Just use some grease.... petroleum jelly would be the best, but i doubt you would have that.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:23 PM
Shooting the gap

I have engine assembly lube. That may be ok. I am wondering if the injectors should be taken out of the throttlebodies first, slipped into the rail, and then have the rail and injectors slid into the throttlebodies?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Site Contributor

Well, i pulled mine out just to see what they looked like and put them back in with lube to avoid having a leak from all that pulling and tugging on the fuel rail/orings.

You wont be able to connect the cables and have the fuel rail attached to the injectors..... There is just not enough room to do both at the same time.
Also, you might endup cracking the fuel rail when pushing 4 injectors.

AND DON't DROP THE CLIPS THAT HOLD THE INJECTORS ON TO THE FUEL RAIL!!! They are a real pain in the ass to find if they fly off. I used a good set of long nose pliers to slide them back in.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:46 AM
Shooting the gap

I have the PC3 hooked up to the injectors already. It sounds like I have to maneuver the fuel rail on to the injectors that are in place in the throttle bodies, correct?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Site Contributor

Yep...... thats it.
The fuel rail should slide on easily if you lube the orings.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Site Contributor

Any progress or have you given up and set the bike on fire yet?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Site Contributor

Your project sure is looking nice
Not quite a surrender, but... It's moved to the back burner for now. Aprilia RSV needs to get ready for summer, have some replacement body parts (ooopsie on the ice) new brake pucks, tires, and fluids- brake flush every spring. The Suzuki GS1150 gets a new exhaust from Ripple Rock Racers in Canada. I have a set of Mikuni smoothbores to replace the CV carbs, but they should be freshened. Also gets new tires and a 530 chain conversion plus brake flush and oil. I thought the K1200S would take over for the big Suzi, but well... Have done some work, re-plumbed brakes, shopped for non ESA shocks, would love to go with Wilbers, but my budget won't handle MotoGP and everything else I want
I have a parts/salvage dealers license and was planning on going to the auction in MPLS on 2/21/17, would have dropped the Great Blue and White Whale off at Leo's for a try at this damned anti-theft issue, but now that schedule got changed. (so, instead I can drop a couple guitars off at my Luthier in Sioux Falls (it's just money, right?). Customer has picked up his bike, so can move some of my stuff onto the lift and give the No Mar a work-out.
I'm in this K1200S cheap enough that I could part it out
Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Site Contributor

The question was intended for DeusExMaxima..... not you puptent!!
Old 02-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Shooting the gap

Thanks Patrique... can you PM me? I think I have the fuel rail on but a couple of the injectors don't seem to be seated. Also do the bolts that held the fuel rail in have Loctite on them?
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Site Contributor

I don't recollect putting locktite on the screws, but it wouldn't hurt either.

PM sent....
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Patrique83' for this post:
Old 02-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Shooting the gap

I have 4 bolts with factory blue loctite... not sure those for are the ones that hold the rail on. Also they are longer than four other ones I have. I wish I label which bolts went where
Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
I have 4 bolts with factory blue loctite... not sure those for are the ones that hold the rail on. Also they are longer than four other ones I have. I wish I label which bolts went where

Look on www.realoem.com and search for the parts, on details you can see the lenght of every bolts, as example M4*25 (4mm ISO metric - lenght 25)
Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Shooting the gap

Great idea. Thanks....Ill give it a try.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Shooting the gap

I got the fuel rail attached but didn't seem happy about the way the injectors were placed. I wasn't sure that they were seated correctly. I got the airbox on and the gas tank on and hook up the battery. I turn the ignition to on and saw fuel leaking immediately. Back to the drawing board but I'm going to have to figure out how to get those injectors seated into the fuel rail and make sure they are also fitting in the throttle bodies. Darn it
Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Shooting the gap

The saga continues...... I took another crack at it today. I ended the fuel tank and air box and pulled the fuel rail off. Then I pulled the injectors slightly out of the throttle bodies and then put a bit of soap on the top of the injectors and wiggle the fuel rail on top of the injectors and pushed the whole assembly down and they all seem to fit much better. I got the clips on and bolted it to the throttle bodies. Then I decided to try a different kind of repair to that broken nipple on the air box. I drilled out the place where the nipple attaches to the air box using the same size drill as the nipple itself. Then I got some 2 part epoxy and took the nipple and ground down so that it formed a bit of a wedge to words the end. Then I tapped it into the hole that I drilled have to put in some epoxy around it and then put epoxy all around the nipple where it is now wedged into the air box. I think this will work. By the way I have this very nice little tool that screws down the bolts that hold the fuel rail to the throttle bodies.

I think I got this little ratcheting tool at Harbor Freight and I put in a T25 Torx bit in it and it made the job about 10 times quicker.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Shooting the gap

My fuel injector trick worked. The bike started and ran with no fuel leaks. It ran fairly smoothly in this early but then seem to go back to its old ways and actually begin stalling as I was riding it around a little bit. Then I remember that I was supposed to disconnect the oxygen sensor which I forgot to do.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:23 PM
Shooting the gap

Removed fuel tank and disconnected the oxygen sensor and reinstall the tank and fired up the bike. Idle was smooth as butter.
I pulled out of the driveway and went for a test ride........and........HOLY $HIT does this bike fly.....WOW. Idle remained solid, and in fact I thought I stalled it a couple of times because it's so smooth. It pulls away from a stop perfectly smooth like it should from the factory. It pulls very strong through the gears, almost too sensitive of a throttle, but I will get used to it. All this bother was so completely worth it. It just took a little bit of getting used to when I took the bits off a couple of times but now that I know how to do it it would be much much faster. Now I need to get the body work back on.

Three problems to deal with however. Number one is that the gear indicator seems to be erratic. Number two the service light is on. And number three the turn signal cancelling switch doesn't seem to work. Maybe it needs cleaning?
Old 02-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Shooting the gap

I don't know about all of this tinkering your doing, you fix one problem but give yourself 3 more to now deal with.....

Hey part of the fun in owning a bike is to learn how she lives and breathes.....

Now to find me a good deal on one of those power commanders.......

Old 02-26-2017, 07:11 AM
Site Contributor

Are you running the map i sent you?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique83
Are you running the map i sent you?

Yes. 😊
Old 02-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Shooting the gap

Here is a 20 second video of the bike idling after the installation of the Power Commander 3 and revving it a little bit. The idle got a little bit rougher after I revved it but it is soooooo much better than before...

https://youtu.be/Ga-WdytB2vY
Old 03-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Shooting the gap

Today I took the bike on about a 200-mile trip on various terrain including freeways city streets and curvy Mountain Roads. I also went above 6000 feet in the mountains. The bike performed flawlessly. Power is smooth and seamless and there's no stumbling no rough idle ....just buttery smooth engine.

Regarding the gear indicator, over time the gears would be indicated correctly and most of the time now they are correct. I'm not sure why that happened but for whatever reason the gear indicator is off and now it seems to be better. Sometimes the neutral doesn't read neutral.

Regarding the turn signal cancel switch, the switch probably it isn't working correctly and maybe more than just a dirty internal switch. I swapped out my switch for one with heated grips. I have my original switch still. It seems to have a more positive feel to it. I plan to see if I can transfer the guts of the old switch into the switch that's present now with the heated grips.

And regarding the service indicator, I imagine that that will have to be reset at the dealership. I did change the oil also end installed the belly pan. The bike is just an absolute joy to ride. Anyone who is trying to sort out the idle or low speed issues the bike has just needs to buy a power commander and put the appropriate map in place and it will be as the bike should have been delivered from the factory.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Site Contributor

Congrats on finally getting the PC3 installed....
Now, all you need is to get a 1300 drive shaft and a quickshifter unit.
Then you are set to go.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Shooting the gap

Patrique, does any 1300R shaft fit any earlier 1200R?

1982 R100RS.
2006 K1200R
Melbourne, Oz.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:33 PM

Parts fit can be determined by checking part numbers on this site. You know for sure you have a fit if the numbers match.
Find your original part number for your bike then go back to the home page of parts and look up and to the right, a search box, put in your part number and all the bikes that the part number works for show up.
https://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsFiche.aspx
Everyone here has good intentions but exact data helps.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Beech' for this post:
Old 03-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Site Contributor

It doesn't matter if its an R or S or even a GT

My bike is a 1200s and I am running a 1300r shaft.

The splines on the gearbox/final drive side are the same on all modells
Old 03-06-2017, 04:18 AM
Shooting the gap

Thanks chaps. I did check the www.realoem.com site but it didn't go back so far as late 2005. I know things changed a bit early 06, so worth asking. Best to be and not !

1982 R100RS.
2006 K1200R
Melbourne, Oz.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech
Parts fit can be determined by checking part numbers on this site. You know for sure you have a fit if the numbers match.
Find your original part number for your bike then go back to the home page of parts and look up and to the right, a search box, put in your part number and all the bikes that the part number works for show up.
https://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/PartsFiche.aspx
Everyone here has good intentions but exact data helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique83
It doesn't matter if its an R or S or even a GT

My bike is a 1200s and I am running a 1300r shaft.

The splines on the gearbox/final drive side are the same on all modells

so I followed what Beech posted, but I don't get anything related to a K1300 for my 2005 K1200s....so not sure how you got the 1300r shaft to be OK with your bike ?

unless I am missing something

however this site www.realoen.com

does show this

Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Site Contributor

You are missing the "point"......

The drive shaft from a 1300 will fit in a 1200 and vice versa.

By installing a 1300 shaft the clunk when hitting it into 1st gear gets smoother,
and the backlash when closing the throttle is noticably less.

Sure, by looking at the parts numbers for a 1200 you won't find a 1300 shaft.

Trust me, i know what i am talking about. I got a 1300 shaft and it fits in my 1200.

You can also put a 1300 clutch basket in a 1200 if you change out the oil pump and drive sprocket, so the looking up number thing is nice, but is not always giving you the best answer. Thats why you can find answers to questions you are not sure about in this forum. "Search"
Old 03-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Shooting the gap

I went to bike bandit.com and search for a drive shaft for a 2009 K 1300 S. It shows all the applications for that particular part and it also fits a K1300GT and K1300R as well as the K1300S.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Shooting the gap

I've been using the max fiche & realoem for as long as they've been available online. They're a fantastic asset, but they're not perfect either.
The 1300 shaft fits Patriques 2008 1200S. I wanna know, for absolute sure, if it fits 12/2005 K1200R?

1982 R100RS.
2006 K1200R
Melbourne, Oz.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Shooting the gap

According to Bikebandit.com, all K1200S driveshafts fit all other K1200S bikes. Therefore, the K1300 S, GT, and R driveshaft should fit on your bike.

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...320&sch=603540
Old 03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
According to Bikebandit.com, all K1200S driveshafts fit all other K1200S bikes. Therefore, the K1300 S, GT, and R driveshaft should fit on your bike.

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...320&sch=603540
dimensions are the same but the damper is bigger on the K13 shaft. look at this thread/post:

http://www.i-bmw.com/showpost.php?p=721533&postcount=8

Pics are not available but I remember these, posted by Eyvind - Mondrage
Old 03-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Site Contributor

Lets do this again.....

I have a 2005 K1200s
I use a 2013 K1300r shaft.

The damper in a 1300 shaft is not "bigger" its just softer compared to a 1200.

The final drive male spline on a 1200s/r 1300s/r 1200gt 1300gt has the same amount of teeth and the exact same dimensions.

The gearbox female spline on a 1200s/r 1300s/r 1200gt 1300g has the same amount of teeth and the exact same dimensions.

If you still need more proof, convincing or holding hands, then i can't help you
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Patrique83' for this post:
Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 AM
Shooting the gap

For some reason I thought you had a 2008 model.

Is OZ$400 too much to pay for a 1300R shaft d'ya think

1982 R100RS.
2006 K1200R
Melbourne, Oz.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Site Contributor

Thats way too much....

I paid $220 including shipping

Here, check this one out on ebay
Article number is 272447893841
Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Site Contributor

And please change your font color to something other then blue.....