I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > MotoGP
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

MotoGP World Championship

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Twisted Wrister

Send a message via AIM to RandomWalker Send a message via MSN to RandomWalker
Those Who Booed Marc Marquez Should Have Stayed at Home

https://www.gpone.com/en/blog/carlo-...da-engine.html

I have to agree.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Thanked 5,366 Times in 3,115 Posts

Re: Those Who Booed Marc Marquez Should Have Stayed at Home

I get we all have our favorite rider but booing riders because you don't like them - well that is not me.

Now if a rider does something blatantly wrong - then that is something else.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev
I get we all have our favorite rider but booing riders because you don't like them - well that is not me.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:17 PM
(Moderator) Tries to be slick but fails
Thanked 1,196 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev

Another one who couldn't agree more.I'm a Rossi fan not a Marquez fan but you can't deny that Marquez is a real talent.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2015
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,066 Posts

Can't argue (or reason) with ignorance.

Let me finish by mentioning something that really bothers me as a sports fan - the booing of Marc Marquez under the podium is something that Italians should be ashamed of. The riders are all phenomenal racers, risking their lives at more than 300 km/h and they only deserve our respect for what they do and the emotions they give us.

Those who boo would be better off staying at home.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshman
Another one who couldn't agree more.I'm a Rossi fan not a Marquez fan but you can't deny that Marquez is a real talent.

And I'm a Marquez fan who didn't cheer when Rossi broke his leg. To the contrary, I was and am deeply disappointed that he won't be there for the title chase. These guys put their lives on the line to thrill and stir up deep emotions in us. Frankly, I don't know what I'd do if there were no MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica. My life would be so boring without. Let's all respect what these guys do. Which other sports do athletes put themselves on the line with a broken collar bone or leg? There's nothing else like it. These guys truly deserve our respect and support.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Zealot of Beer

Of course Marquez had to take the win if it was in his grasp. They're booing him because they're jealous that a countryman didn't win, and so what? People do that. As if Red Sox fans don't boo the Yankees. It's not like they hurled things at him or started a riot.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 PM
DOWN TO SKIN AND BONE

European fans have passion. Americans have a passion for sportsmanship.

Giving them a knock for booing isn't going to change their spirit any day soon.

They live as close to each others country as we live next to another state. It's not like they give trophies for losing or penalize the winning team because they stacked the points up when they could have sent the 3rd string in and still won.

Should MM have taken the lead and won? Yes. Should he have dogged DP until the last lap and then put a half second on him... don't think so.

Just saying.

hanzosrevenge.blogspot.com

BMW '09 K1300S
BMW '14 R1200GS
Holy Tread-wear Batman!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,366 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXdB
Of course Marquez had to take the win if it was in his grasp. They're booing him because they're jealous that a countryman didn't win, and so what? People do that. As if Red Sox fans don't boo the Yankees. It's not like they hurled things at him or started a riot.

I absolutely get it - I'm just not one of those fans. When all in good fun - and yes booing when the opposing player or team scores is very common place - and in almost all cases not a big deal.

But on occasion it is not acceptable and in fact escalates into something more serious.

I'm a huge Rossi fan - don't particularly like MM - but 100% recognize his truly spectacular riding abilities.

In this sport to boo him for being on the grid - or to boo him when he is on the podium or speaking - again just me - it is not in good sportsmanship at all.

I know I'm way to uptight - don't have an ounce of passion in my blood - way too soft spoken - always follow the leader - never dare take the lead or take a chance.

My I would never do what those riders do - how in the good name can they get on a race track and ride their motorcycles at insane speeds - side by side - hanging off with parts of their body scraping the ground - what drives them???

Of course I get it - I get it so much I in my so far removed way do it almost every weekend - there is nothing like high levels of adrenalin flowing through your body.

Boo him if you must - don't like him - don't watch him - don't listen to him - but don't for one minute think that MM is not in fact one of the greatest(yes he is already)motorcycle racers any of us are likely to see.

I just can't boo greatness - now I certainly wish his limo or car or van that transports him to the race track could break down and he misses a few races.

Boo the little SOB no way I'm in awe of him.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'brucev' for this post:
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 AM
DOWN TO SKIN AND BONE

Bruce, that was really well said. I like the limo breaking down part.

If he had not whipped Danilo on the last lap, he probably would have gotten cheers. Had he taken over with three to go, I would not have added another reason to call him a spoiled little prick who just shamed the guy who went for it for most of the race.

I like the option to turn the commentary off when the announcers gush their lust and drool down their chins for the greatest and most booed winner in the world.

The commentary was at it's best when Gavin Emmet shared the mic. He was especially good on the After The Flag videos. You could hear the daggers flying across the airwaves from NicK Harris into Gavin's back-side. His was a short career as Harris had him buried in the Gobi Desert on a cold Winter's moonless night.

hanzosrevenge.blogspot.com

BMW '09 K1300S
BMW '14 R1200GS
Holy Tread-wear Batman!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:25 AM
Twisted Wrister

I have to agree with Bruce. I am a Rossi fan but you canít help but be in awe of Marquez and really disagree with booing him.

But this does go very deep in Italy and especially this MotoGP, where Rossi lives just down the road and is adored like the Pope. Still pretty controversial and done to death, but I was at Valencia for the last race of the season a couple of years ago, when if Marquez won then Rossi would become champion. Marquez didnít make a move all race, which we all know is not like him, and even thought off Pedrosa when he went past him to attack Lorenzo and then appeared to ride shot gun. Even the Spanish and red shirts of Marquez booed him that day, and it has never really stopped. Some Rossi fans have long memories and I guess all sports need heroes and villains.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:35 AM
Twisted Wrister

Marc himself, being the good sport that he is, said that he understood the booing on the podium. But it was the cheering when he crashed during practice that is totally unjustified and in poor taste.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'RandomWalker' for this post:
Old 09-13-2017, 06:36 AM
(Moderator) My Life is a Blur

Send a message via Skype™ to Karlb

I Love Rossi, have for a long long time, but I like MM also, you just have to Love the Talent in all these guys!! On the very worst, non flowing , disjointed riding day of the absolute worst Moto GP racers day on the track, they are so far beyond our skill level it isn't even the same sport.
As to MM and things he pulls, I guess the Italians don't have that long of memory or they would remember how mercilessly Val dogged Max Biaggi both on and off track, got in that mans head so bad he had to leave MotoGP. Its all about racing with these guys both the physical on track aspects and the "I'm gonna get in your head so bad you cant perform when I'm around, I will dominate you at all times" mental aspect. Its all racing and competition with these guys and that's what makes it so thrilling. Its the same attitude that makes them go ride in pain with broken bones when they have no business even looking at a bike let alone riding on the razors edge.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Karlb' for this post:
Old 09-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Twisted Wrister

I doubt if Marc even noticed - too busy deservedly having the time of his life, and wondering just how big a part the old fox Dovi's race-craft will play in deciding the final championship table . . .
History:
Yamaha RD250 (x2)
Yamaha XS750
Kawasaki Z1000 (x3)
Honda Blackbird
Yamaha FJ1200 (x2)
BMW K1200S
Old 09-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Site Contributor

It's all about the drama.

Rarely is there a hero without a villain in sports. This particular narrative started in 2015 for the Italian fans. And it's the narrative they choose to follow.

For the people that live and die by this, more power to them. Their money drives the sport. Without them, there wouldn't be the SHOW.

Booing a perceived adversary as they take the podium in a "home" race, fine. On the other hand, cheering a fall or an injury (MM late FP crash for example or Lorenzo from the lead) is another thing entirely, IMO. And crosses a line.

Wouldn't feel too sorry for them, I heard he's making nearly $8 million a year with a net worth of 5 times that. A little boooing????
Old 09-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Twisted Wrister

Rossi Fan Club Condemns Misano Jeers: "These people do not merely deserve not to be in a fan club, they do not deserve to be considered motorcycle fans"

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/882...s-misano-jeers
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'RandomWalker' for this post:
jcw
Old 09-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Site Contributor

Lorenzo's tweet on 9/5, 6 days after Rossi's motocross accident

Marc Marquez Twitter

No one's a saint here...

Ultimately, I think it boils down to the fact that nearly everyone on that grid is tired of playing second fiddle to Rossi. They all work their asses off, even win multiple championships, but none get the recognition that Rossi receives. Im not cheering this fact. Just trying to understand.