I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > MotoGP
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

MotoGP World Championship

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Site Contributor

Rossi injured in motocross accident

Reports are his abdominal injuries have not worsened and he may be discharged from the hospital soon.

But it looks like his season might be done. Especially if he suffered a kidney and/or liver laceration as the reports suggest, theres no way he should be back on a bike for months.

And at 38?, is this it for Rossi?
Old 05-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,925 Posts

Re: Rossi injured in motocross accident

Hopefully not worse than is presently being reported,

"Rossi ‘may be discharged within the day’ 26 May 2017
After spending a night in hospital due to a motocross fall, medical checks show there are no complications with Valentino Rossi's condition.

And breathe. Medical checks have shown Valentino Rossi to be making positive progress after being hospitalized in Rimini in the wake of a motocross incident on Thursday.

The Italian has 'slight' liver and kidney injuries, and had complained of pain in both the chest and abdomen when admitted to the intensive care unit yesterday evening.

However, an official release from Movistar Yamaha states that these injuries “have not evolved into any further complications.” Furthermore, Rossi has reported a lessening of the pain of which he complained yesterday.

The statement reads that Rossi will continue to receive relief for his pain for a further twelve hours, while he receives routine check-ups on his condition. Should the results convey further positive news, the nine-time world champion could be discharged from hospital by the end of the day.

The news will come as a huge relief to the Movistar Yamaha team, as the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello fast approaches. A photo of Rossi – looking fresh and healthy – posing with nurses appeared on local newspaper Rimini Today's website.

The paper reported comments from Rossi's mother Stefania, who visited the hospital to be with he son, and this morning told assembled journalists, “He is well and he is resting.”

The accident may spell an end to Rossi's activities with a motocross bike. At Valencia last year, he spoke of a hesitancy to use this as training as much as he once did, due to the possibilities of injury.

Rossi is currently third in the MotoGP world championship and sits 23 points behind team-mate Maverick Viñales."

Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/249...zaGJgAILYCO.99
Old 05-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Administrator
Thanked 5,544 Times in 3,222 Posts

If these injuries keep him out for the rest of the season - I hate to say this but I think it will be the end of his MotoGP career?

On the other hand if he can get back to racing this year he may just have another year or two left in him.

Sitting out the rest of this season - well it will be like the racing world just passed him by.

I like VR and really hope to see him racing again.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,925 Posts

Update, looks like he'll be riding next week at Mugello:

"MotoGP » Valentino Rossi discharged from hospital 26 May 2017
Valentino Rossi has returned home from his overnight stay in hospital and will continue his recovery ahead of the Italian MotoGP.

Valentino Rossi has returned home from his overnight stay in hospital in Rimini after passing medical checks and will continue his recovery in preparation for the Italian MotoGP at Mugello.

Rossi's Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team has released a statement confirming the 38-year-old left the Ospedale Infermi hospital at 5.30pm local time accompanied by his staff. Rossi will continue to recover at home with less than a week until the start of the Italian MotoGP.

Yamaha passed on its thanks and best wishes to the staff at the hospital who treated 'The Doctor' and hailed them for 'their dedication and professional care over the last 24 hours'.

The statement caps a nervous 24 hours in the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP camp after Rossi was called in for an overnight stay in hospital for liver and kidney injuries and had complained of pain in both his chest and abdomen.

The accident may spell an end to Rossi's activities with a motocross bike. At Valencia last year, he spoke of a hesitancy to use this as training as much as he once did, due to the possibilities of injury.

Rossi is currently third in the MotoGP world championship and sits 23 points behind team-mate Maverick Viñales."

Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/249...gzgB84v1T1q.99
Old 05-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Site Contributor