I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S/KR" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S/KR" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Consultant & Former Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to locus Send a message via Yahoo to locus Send a message via Skype™ to locus
Exclamation BMW K1200S Range of Equipment

source: BMW Press material.

BMW K1200S Range of Equipment
Options and special equipment - cases variable in capacity and customisation features typical of BMW Motorrad.

It is a well-known fact that the most beautiful motorcycle tours are not right there outside your front door - which is no problem, however, with the K 1200 S, a motorcycle fully suited for long distances and tours thanks to its superior ergonomics. But it is also true that you have to take along luggage on such a tour, and conventional cases are hardly appropriate for a sports motorcycle.

Precisely this is why BMW Motorrad offers the right kind of cases for the K 1200 S: BMW sports cases combining function and sports design all in one. This newly developed luggage system with a perfect match of textile and solid plastic materials can be fitted on and removed from the motorcycle within a matter of seconds thanks to clamps on the machine hidden almost completely out of sight. Variable in capacity, the cases can be enlarged from 17 litres in normal configuration to 25 litres on each side when "folded out". And the water-tight inner bags are fully integrated.
BMW Motorrad's usual wide range of options and special equipment provides maximum freedom in customising the K 1200 S to an even higher standard. The options come straight from the factory, where they are built in from the start at the plant in Berlin. Special equipment is fitted by the customer's BMW Motorcycle Dealer, also as additional features fitted subsequently.

Options:
  • Heated handles.
  • Lower rider's seat (approx 790 mm/31.10", step arch length 1,780 mm/70.08").
  • No fitment of BMW Motorrad Integral ABS.
  • Electronic immobiliser.
  • ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment).
  • Multi-colour paintwork.
Special equipment.
  • Heated handles.
  • Lower seat (approx 790 mm/31.10", step arch length 1780 mm/70.08").
  • Main stand.
  • Preparation for BMW Motorrad Navigator II.
  • BMW Motorrad Navigator II.
  • Water-tight tank bag.
  • Set of sports cases including case supports.
  • Anti-theft warning system.

Ride Fast - Ride Safe !
There is no road to happiness, happiness is the road