I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200RS/GT > "KRS/GT" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"KRS/GT" Technical Q&A K1200RS/GT Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Just here for the Ride!

Re: ABS II was Rebulit by Module Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
Does that 'warranty" carry life insurance?

It does! Same policy as BMW!

George
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!
Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,101 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Flyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavincurtis
Hi all,

This is Gavin, owner of ModuleMaster. Just an update on the Integral 3 (3i) systems. There is no particular common fault with this system.

Thank you to those who sent in their Integral ABS systems for trials analysis. Some of you were fortunate to receive a restored and functional unit back.

Tyler has discovered that nearly all critical components of the integral ABS require replacement. Component count approaches 100 individual pieces for each integral system 3 unit for proper remanufacture. No single component is available "off the shelf". Each and every item from O-rings to motor armatures have to be custom manufactured.

All replacement mechanical parts are at initial production phase at this time, prototype components requiring in house testing and final approval before mass production. Specific electronic assemblies are also at the final engineering stages. Core chip set and firmware will remain the same.

This takes a great deal of time and your patience is truly appreciated in this matter.

The ultimate goal is to offer a more robust Integral ABS system 3 as a rebuild option at a fraction of the new replacement cost with a superior warranty.

Thanks for the update Gavin! My unit patiently awaits rebuild.....please advise once we can send the I units in for rebuild.

Best,

Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2016
04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD
06 K1200R..SOLD..so long!

Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Do it now NON NEONS . Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 6,770 Times in 2,796 Posts

Quote:
Hi all, This is Gavin, owner of ModuleMaster. .

Welcome to the site, we've all been looking forward to you getting up to speed on rebuilding these units, even those of us with working units fearing the future.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'CJS350' for this post:
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice day for somethin'

Can Module Masters do a rebuild on the ABS-II, which is the non-servo ABS module that was used on the 2000 R1150GS?

Please advise.

Thank you
ATB
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I have a 2003 K1200RS also waiting for a rebuild.Keep me posted when you can do them.
2009 KLR650
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paughco
Can Module Masters do a rebuild on the ABS-II, which is the non-servo ABS module that was used on the 2000 R1150GS?

Please advise.

Thank you
ATB

Yes they can and have....check out some of the other posts.....

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Do it now NON NEONS . Thanks!
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Flyboy' for this post:
Old 05-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:

Please advise.

Thank you
ATB

Yes.! Almost 100% success rebuilding the ABS-2 now. Now that the restored complication is back in your hands, flush the brake fluid every riding season.

ABS-2 is like a grand complication watch with flailing chains inside.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozemab

My 1998 K1200RS was purchased last year with 3800 miles on it. It sat in a HD dealership in the back room as it was the owners bike. Tires still had the little rubber nubs on them.

I don't think it ever had a full brake flush in its life.

Bought the bike knowing about the ABS, hoping a good flush and rise would work out . I even bought a GS911 hoping I could reset the error for good.

Dreaded plunger error. Just last year that would have been the kiss of death for an ABS II unit. Then, over on the BMW MOA web site, a fellow owner told the group about

http://modulemaster.com/store/

A few emails with the head technician and my unit was sent off to them. For $350 they repaired my unit! Plus it comes with a five year warranty.

When I mean rebuilt, it literally looks brand new. They bead blasted the main body. It looks new!

I know they must have looked at the circuit board as the tamper proof screws were replaced with Allen head screws. They were very careful pulling the bottom pan off the unit. You can barely see any tool marks.

Usual disclaimers, I have no financial interests in the company. Just a satisfied customer (BMW customer) that saved about $1800us from buying a new unit.

Yes, these units can be saved and be put back into service again.

Don't give up!

Called ModuleMaster about 20 minutes ago 06/10/13, and they said no dice, maybe in six months they will be able to begin repairing them, part is the issue. No referral available.

Called BBA Re-manufacturing in the States and they said they are not repairing them. No referral.

Called BBA in Canada and Joshua said send them pics of the numbers on the system and they would get back to me.

I have my fingers crossed. Anyone else out there?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Entering the on-ramp

New Kid to the board.

Have a 2004 K1200GT with a leaking ABS module. Taking it out was a breeze (we will see about putting it back in later), but Module Masters (Moscow, ID) said they were not repairing
these systems, maybe in 6 months. No referral available.

BBA Re Manufacturing in the States said no as well. Called BBA in Canada, they asked for some photo and said they will get back to me.

Any other options? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAK...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
K1200RS doctor
Thanked 1,012 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
New Kid to the board.

Have a 2004 K1200GT with a leaking ABS module. Taking it out was a breeze (we will see about putting it back in later), but Module Masters (Moscow, ID) said they were not repairing
these systems, maybe in 6 months. No referral available.

BBA Re Manufacturing in the States said no as well. Called BBA in Canada, they asked for some photo and said they will get back to me.

Any other options? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAK...it?usp=sharing

Can yo show us a picture where is the the leak from on the IABS Unit ?

I have many pictures of the internals of these unit, but no spare parts... If your leak is minor, and the unit is working otherwise, maybe it can be fixed with new O-ring or sealant.

Anyone who says "Taking it out was a breeze", has to be good to try to fix one ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'sailor' for this post:
Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Thanks for the quick response. If you click on the link, a photo is posted.

The leak is where, what appears to be the servo motors meet the bottom plate. Tried doing some on line research regarding dis assembly.

Not sure what is underneath the torque nuts, specialty gasket or common rubber o ring. Hesitant to take it apart until I can find a source for parts.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAK...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Site Contributor

I really hope Module Master comes through before too long so we can get the ABS III units repaired here in the USA.
I have been in touch with this company in Germany who are in a position to repair the ABS III unit. They will accept work from outside the country under the condition that the shipment is delivered directly to their door. They will not go to a German customs office to pick up a shipment and pay duty. FedEx, I believe can make the necessary arrangements. The link below shows details. Cost is about $925 plus shipping both ways and duty if any, maybe another $300 to 400.

http://rhelectronics.de/de/reparatur...reise/#typeAM1 Page can be called up in German or English. See write up for AM1 unit.

I have no experience with their work. It is something to consider.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Site Contributor

Are there any members out there who have experience shipping components to Germany for repair and return to USA?

Please chime in.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Entering the on-ramp

reading the shipping instructions are a bit like reading latin. 699.00 eruo is about $926 plus another $60 or so for shipping. Expedited repair add another $50 or so.

Ouch! The gamble is such expense with no assurances of competent repair.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Site Contributor

Ouch is right. Module Master let's get on with it!!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Herb, do you have pictures of this lower assembly?

Is this a o ring or is it a specific unique washer. The pics I have looked at indicate it is a specialty washer.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
K1200RS doctor

Quote:
Herb, do you have pictures of this lower assembly?

Is this a o ring or is it a specific unique washer. The pics I have looked at indicate it is a specialty washer.

See 2 attached pictures... It shows that the O-ring is attached to the motor and not the base in this section of the unit.

I did not take these pictures myself. The guy who gave them to me had a defective unit that was completely dead - so he did not bother to obtain a special tool to remove the tamper-proof bolts holding the motor to the base. He just cut the bolts as you can see in 1 of these pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K1200RS_IABS_MODULATOR_img56.jpg (76.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg K1200RS_IABS_MODULATOR_img73.jpg (47.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I've been all over the net today looking for info on this. follows is a link to a washer type gasket, someone implied this was the type of gasket needed.

If it is an o ring and any common o ring would work, hell it would be simple to replace same.

What I don't know if dot 4 brake fluid will interface with standard variety o rings?

http://www.skfextranet.com/catalogs/...ail.asp?s=1972
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Well, well, well, fyi, Automotive Scientfic Inc., 5168 Hwy 11W, Rogersville ,Tn. 37857
I called 1-866-983-6688
just a few minutes ago. They said they would repair unit for $895. No data on warranty (didn't ask). 5 day turn around!

Even though they lost the civil war, those southerners are still taking out their revenge on those damn Yankee's.

I would rather spend my scheckles in the states than ship it overseas.

I think I am going to attempt to remove the servo's and install new "O" rings first before I spend $895.
If it is leaking and otherwise working and I can't fix the leak, (and don't get killed doing a test drive ), I try fixing it myself.

Let you all know. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

Quote:
Well, well, well, fyi, Automotive Scientfic Inc., 5168 Hwy 11W, Rogersville ,Tn. 37857
I called 1-866-983-6688
just a few minutes ago. They said they would repair unit for $895. No data on warranty (didn't ask). 5 day turn around!

Even though they lost the civil war, those southerners are still taking out their revenge on those damn Yankee's.

I would rather spend my scheckles in the states than ship it overseas.

I think I am going to attempt to remove the servo's and install new "O" rings first before I spend $895.
If it is leaking and otherwise working and I can't fix the leak, (and don't get killed doing a test drive ), I try fixing it myself.

Let you all know. Thanks everyone for the help.

One has to ask the question how they can source inners and MM can not? I'd be cautious here..

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
What I don't know if dot 4 brake fluid will interface with standard variety o rings?

Ethylene Propylene EPDM Parker compound #E0667-70 is recommended for DOT-4

If all you need is an O-ring then take one of the pumps out, measure the grove diameter and O-ring cross section. You may just get lucky and deal with a std. size metric O-ring. Designers like to use std. sizes. I have purchased from this company before. http://www.metric-seals.com/

Maybe "Sailor" can help with dimensions since he already has a pump out.

Caution: Look the specs. up yourself in the Parker O-Ring Handbook

E0667-70

Last edited by Herb : 06-10-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added caution
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Just here for the Ride!

How cool would it be if BMW actually stepped up to the plate and replaced these faulty units? I guess they wait you out and then you buy a new one, so forget that stupid idea!

George
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Well there is one way to put BMW in the corner, begin filing complaints with the Department of Transportation and the local Better Business Bureau.

In my case a 2004, K1200GT would not stand a chance with the BBB, and a 2013 complaint might stretch the limits, but a newer bike, a complaint with the US Dept of Transportation, may start getting a response

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
K1200RS doctor

Quote:
Well there is one way to put BMW in the corner, begin filing complaints with the Department of Transportation and the local Better Business Bureau.

In my case a 2004, K1200GT would not stand a chance with the BBB, and a 2013 complaint might stretch the limits, but a newer bike, a complaint with the US Dept of Transportation, may start getting a response

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/.

They (NHTSA) have done NO serious work with the plastic fuel-connector affecting many BMW models (roughly 2001-2004). In this case, they let BMW get away with a fake recall where the parts where examined by the dealer - same junk was replaced if needed. And in this case, serious risk of fire was involved.

Until many die, they just do little. In the car business, a higher numbers of vehicle is involved (higher sales than bikes), so a little bit more serious. Still, my background is in aviation where this stuff is taken VERY seriously...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Entering the on-ramp

I was focusing on the ABS break problem, but you have a point.

Several years ago, I found my crank case filling with gasoline and another time a fuel line breaking.

But the concept still is framed by filing complaints with the Department of Transportation.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Site Contributor

Radboy, I have read several descriptions of removing the ABS unit from the K12RS. Since your bike is identical to mine I was wondering if you had to remove the exhaust system as described in one tread. Or, if you had any unusual difficulty in removing the unit. Thx
'06 KTM 450 EXC
'77 R75/7 (about time to let this one go)
'06 Harley Softail Deluxe
Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcphillips
Radboy, I have read several descriptions of removing the ABS unit from the K12RS. Since your bike is identical to mine I was wondering if you had to remove the exhaust system as described in one tread. Or, if you had any unusual difficulty in removing the unit. Thx

No need to remove or even touch the exhaust to remove the ABS unit.

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:

Friend, there should be absolutely, no need to remove the exhaust system.

Patience and some intelligence on removal. Take photo's along the way with your cell phone.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:50 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

UPDATE!

I-ABS units will NOT be repairable till December of this year now. And I assume come December, it'll be pushed back once again. No fault to MM I guess as they are still trying to source parts.

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 08-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I still ride mine everyday. Front brakes work just fine it's the back that's out. I just put a piece of black tape over the two lights and will wait till MM gives me the OK to send it off.
2009 KLR650
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkapel
I still ride mine everyday. Front brakes work just fine it's the back that's out. I just put a piece of black tape over the two lights and will wait till MM gives me the OK to send it off.

As did I for a year UNTIL I lost front and back at the same time! Bikes been in hibernation ever since! Be careful!

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
*Disclaimer below

Quote:
There is one screw that is a real bitch ,it is the front mounting screw, if I recall.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,775 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
UPDATE!

I-ABS units will NOT be repairable till December of this year now. And I assume come December, it'll be pushed back once again. No fault to MM I guess as they are still trying to source parts.
Appreciate the update Paul.

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 08-14-2013, 05:59 PM
*Disclaimer below

Moved
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
UPDATE!

Good news is all the replacement components for the integral ABS are now being manufactured for MM.

Sorry about the date push backs.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Entering the on-ramp

That's great news just let us know when we can send it for repair.
2009 KLR650
Old 08-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Good news is all the replacement components for the integral ABS are now being manufactured for MM.
Question: For the older units, is it possible to replace the ABS controllers with the latest rev board? The markings on my older unit says it's 8/5 and the majority of the newer units I've seen being sold in various places are 10/7.

No, but I do like the taste of Spam....
Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Hi Gavin,
Great news that you've solved the supply problem. Hoping to get my ABS unit from my 2000 K1200RS off this coming week and ship to you. I have a persistent alternating blinking light, "piston failure" that I have managed to clear a couple of times but no long term solution. Last clear after bleeding out f\r brakes, thanks to Ted Porter of "The Beemer Clinic" in Scotts Valley, CA, lasted about 50 yards. I give up. I plan to take pics and document the process beginning to end and post here.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

I called today.....hopefully by January

My poor little K

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 12-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Hey guys, Hope someone is reading this afternoon. I'm reinstalling my newly rebuilt ABSII unit that I just got back from Module Masters (2000 k12rs) and can't find the torque values for the hard brakelines connecting to the ABS unit.

Anyone got a shop manual handy???.....
Old 12-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Nice day for somethin'

Here is what my manual sez:

Tightening torques:
Brake line to ABS control unit 15 Nm
ABS control unit to battery carrier 4 Nm
Battery carrier to frame 6 Nm
Battery carrier to cross tube 6 Nm
Battery carrier to footrest plate 15 Nm.

Hope that helps.

Seeya
ATB
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Thanks a bunch Paughco! Got through the whole job but finally had to break down and go home to get the manual!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Nice day for somethin'

De nada; you should'a seen all the help and friendly advice I got from this site when I was working on the rear main seal for my K1200RS!

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=3964

(A blast from the past).

Seeya
ATB
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Entering the on-ramp

I recently did a rear main seal/clutch replacement on my 1998 K1200RS (ABS2), and when I put it back together I had some strange ABS problems: self test passed on drive away, then wig-wag lights on the instrument cluster...uh oh! ABS problems. When I got back to the shop, I removed the ABS ECU connector and re attached it, the problem went away.

My bike sat for a week at the shop (I'm a BMW Motorcycle mechanic in Idaho and I work at the dealership there). I removed my battery to put it on the charger and reinstalled it. when I hooked up the ABS unit, the pump ran all the time. I checked the ABS relay and passed it with a good bill of health, then moved on to the wiring diagram. It looked like the ABS ECU gives the on/off instruction to the ABS pump, so I pulled the unit and sent it in to Module Masters. They called 3 days later and confirmed a problem with the ECU - a burned ground trace on the PCB, and told me it would only be $175 to fix it!! I'm waiting for the module to return so I can reinstall it.

The original cause of the problem: The space between the battery box/abs mount was pretty tight. The insulation (factory heat shrink) on the positive battery cable wore thru(barely visible) and grounded out on the ABS case. That caused all the problems.

-David
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Can assemble bike blindfolded

Everything you and they said made sense and you had a positively diagnosed problem with the electronic controller.

It is reassuring to hear you were given a good breakdown of your fault. You are right about those battery wires, they are too short and the second ground wire catches many out falling down behind the battery, where it becomes invisible.

I bought myself a marine grade rotary isolator switch I'm going to fit this Summer. That will be when I tie the two grounds together at the switch and have just one neg wire going to the battery. I'll put longer in too. I leave the bike parked at airports for up to 2 weeks and I have this concern a) About wanting more security and b) Not arriving back to a flat battery! Probably fit a small solar charger to the top case too.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 AM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

ABS-III update.

No surprise here...called today and MM advised April 2014...

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM
A skeptic and a pragmatist.

No pre-emptive strike and a clean bill of health for my iABS this year then? I'll be riding by then. I may just end up a very long way from home or Moscow next summer, better have my shade tree de-ABSing procedure downpath if I want to keep riding or get back home with some braking.

I'll touch wood but could I be so unlucky with 2 ABS system failures in one year??? The American "low milleage" car is sure showing all the wrong lights and intermitently at that so that one I can't trust. Still brakes well even on ice but I had practice with that in Southern Quebec and the Kootenays.
Honda CB750F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
85 BMW K100RS at 28 (Very nice and sorely missed)
90 BMW R100GS at 34 (Too slow, too cranky)
2003 K1200 RS at 53 (Oh Yeah......over 6000RPM)
Old 01-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Watch this......

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
....I bought myself a marine grade rotary isolator switch I'm going to fit this Summer......

Can you mention Make and Part No. please? I put in a marine concentrator for all the extra wires going to the battery. Pull that off and everything is disconnected. I like your idea for the other side.

Current Bike: BMW K1200RS 1998 Dolphin Blue
BMW Brake Light (Supplemental LED); ETI H7 HID (35w/5K lm); Stebel Compact Air Horn; PIAA 1100x lights; Red LED Dash; Fuzeblock; Garmin StreetPilot 2820; Escort Passport Max; Spiegler Brake Lines, Michelin PR3s.

Previous Bikes:
Norton Dominator 650SS
Triumph Trident
John Player Norton
Norton Commando
BSA Lightning
BSA Starfire
Old 02-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I told you guys I was going to get my ABS to unit rebuild by module masters. The repair the electronics. It only cost me a hundred seventy five dollars plus shipping. They repair worked perfectly. There was a small burn section of ground trace on the printed circuit board, which they repaired. I highly recommend their service. They are in Moscow Idaho. I also ask them about ABS 3&4, they will be repairing ABS 3&4 starting this summer
Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Quick update and good news. The prototype pre-production parts for our ModuleMaster iABS (ABS 3) rebuilds are now officially on USA soil.

Sorry this has been dragging on and on and on and on..... thanks again for the patience.

This rebuild is far above and beyond O-rings and gaskets as the servo system typically destroys itself when it fails.

Once the parts finally arrive in our hands, we still have to assemble and test multiple ABS3 servo units. Essentially abusing them at the highest degree with a full run into the ground by Tyler's computer controlled test fixture. The deviant device will put over five years of wear on the unsuspecting test iABS/ABS3's in only a few weeks to confirm the quality of the new parts.

Then a complete teardown and wear inspection of every component.

So if all is well, the spring/summer deadline is finally in sight guys.

Every part known to wear in the ABS3 will be replaced with brand new components. Not just simple O-rings and seals but entire pump assemblies, armatures, brushes, pressure sensors. It will essentially be a new unit when you get it back, with a vastly superior guarantee.

The ABS4 we are now rebuilding with near 100% success and 5 year guarantee. All fully tested before rebuild and before shipping back out. The only exception are ABS4 units with pressure sensor faults. If any questions, please call Tyler. He has put endless hours into this entire project.

Some have asked if we drill holes in the ABS4 motor. We do not drill into the pump motor. We properly remove the pump from the housing as we replace the entire brush system.

Motor is then installed with stainless steel threaded hardware in the re-machined pump housing. This will allow the motor to be removed in the future if ever need be for future service vs the current no repair concept.

We sourced the best brushes using a special copper content that are more expensive, but are the best. We have been using these brushes in similar automotive application ABS pump motors for well over 6 years.

Not a single warranty issue claim so far with our brushes.

Sincerely,
Gavin Curtis
President, ModuleMaster
The following (7) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Gavincurtis' for this post:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Moderator; Weeding out the weak
Thanked 2,785 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Quick update and good news. ...
Sincerely,
Gavin Curtis
President, ModuleMaster
Hello Gavin. Thanks for taking the time to update us. Several members have already used Module Master and all have had positive experiences.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Site Contributor

Gavin/ModuleMaster

Excellent news. Thanks for making the effort!!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Cool! Ready to send mine in.Just let us know when.
2009 KLR650
Old 03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkapel
Cool! Ready to send mine in.Just let us know when.

Ditto!!

Thanks for the PM and if you need a test subject, well mine is just sitting on a bench waiting to be mailed....

04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD

Old 03-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,775 Times in 2,048 Posts

Wonderful news Gavin! Thank you!

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Nice day for somethin'

Excellent news! Thank you for the update! Would it be possible to get a listing of which BMW motorcycle ABS modules you can overhaul and which ones you cannot?

I'm thinking of my old 2001 R1150GS, which I sold to a pal, who sold it to another pal. This machine has the non-servo ABS-II.

Thank you.

Seeya
ATB
Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:
Excellent news! Thank you for the update! Would it be possible to get a listing of which BMW motorcycle ABS modules you can overhaul and which ones you cannot?

Relaying info from Gavin here-

We can rebuild ABS2(ABSII) and iABS2. As you know, iABS is in the works. I've attached images of the modules we work on as well.

-Tyler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABS2.jpg (64.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg iABS2.jpg (64.7 KB, 25 views)
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'tg24' for this post:
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Another update.

First batch of sample parts mysteriously lost in transit via FedEx overnight express early this year! Package was "opened" and "contents lost"! Just coincidence I am sure... of the 10's of thousands of Fed Ex packages sent to and from my company, this just one most important parcel happened to get "opened" and "contents lost"...

Got our 2nd batch of regenerated sample parts just now (now over 3 months later). They look great.

Testing phase now. Tyler will be abusing the new parts in every way to assure a perfect replacement with 5 year warranty.

Again, thanks for your patience and support.

We will win this battle.
The following (5) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Gavincurtis' for this post:
Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 AM
ØZNAM
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
We will win this battle.
Good news Gavin!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:52 AM
(Moderator) " Shithead of the Year "

Smile Re: ABS II was Rebulit by Module Master

Waiting to see how things work out
01 Checker for sale

" Somewhere in all this Horseshit ...... there got to be a pony ...... trust me "