I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S" Accessories
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S" Accessories Chit-chat of 'must have' items and 'add-on's'. NOTE: Please use the Classifieds section if you have items For Sale or WTB!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 03-14-2017, 02:54 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

3 grand?

Would love to replace my gauge cluster with this, but I just can't justify paying 3k installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HgRIqasIq4
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Surfer' for this post:
Old 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Shooting the gap

Re: 3 grand?

Many years ago I studied some psych course that dealt with the psychology of interfaces.
I had for some time argued with friends that the use of a discrete digital number was harder to read than an analogue gauge.

It seem iirc we get used to the sweep of a needle and know with immediacy what were at. Sort of like looking at a pie and knowing how much pie there is.

I like the fancy HP gauge but if what I recall is correct it takes you longer to register the digital Speed reading.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:44 PM
DOWN TO SKIN AND BONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Would love to replace my gauge cluster with this, but I just can't justify paying 3k installed.

What is $3000 when it comes to LOVE?

Besides, BMW folks all got extra cash laying around.

hanzosrevenge.blogspot.com

BMW '09 K1300S
BMW '14 R1200GS
Holy Tread-wear Batman!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafkaKaffe
Many years ago I studied some psych course that dealt with the psychology of interfaces.
I had for some time argued with friends that the use of a discrete digital number was harder to read than an analogue gauge.

It seem iirc we get used to the sweep of a needle and know with immediacy what were at. Sort of like looking at a pie and knowing how much pie there is.

I like the fancy HP gauge but if what I recall is correct it takes you longer to register the digital Speed reading.

As a former aircraft accident investigator, it is a bit more complex, but entirely correct. Gold star.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'WPV' for this post:
Old 03-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,810 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer

They'll go down in price now that the only platform for its use is apparently discontinued.
Someone here recently posted on this and in fact bought one cheaper on eBay.

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 03-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPV
As a former aircraft accident investigator, it is a bit more complex, but entirely correct. Gold star.

It was the dark 1980s and I cringed whenever I had to drive the new type gauges in cars.
Had a little truck and joy for me was both analogue indicators pointing straight to heaven.

This meant full tank of gas and either 100 or 120 KMPH

Industrial ersonnell psych was such an awesome practical pursuit. Made me regret not taking a degree in Psych which I had thought to be nonsesne up to that time.

I undertand that this BMW gauge does a lot more than indicate rpm and speed though.
Years ago at a f1 race in montreal I was with a mass of people on pit row. I was standing directly beside the swamped winning car which had its steering wheel laying loose in the cockpit. WHat a temptation that was.......