I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Asking for assistance

Good evening

Been looking for assistance on my bike.
Everyone I have talked to either asked for too much money or said they would rather not touch the bike.
So going to try and look for assistance here.

I have a 2005 BMW k1200s.
Need all liquid bleed and replaced and assistance on clutch case replacement.

Looking for anyone who can come to the 27403 area and assist me in this process.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:33 AM
(Moderator) My Life is a Blur

Send a message via Skype™ to Karlb
Re: Asking for assistance

If no one is local from here, are you an MOA member, there are several listings in the Anonymous book for Greensboro NC
Old 05-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,210 Posts

Information on what you ask is available here on this forum if you do a search on each item individually. But, I seriously suggest you purchase the Factory DVD that has pictures and specific information on maintenance items. The manual is intended for someone who is familiar with tools and working on machines so it is not a hand holding list of instructions. You are on the right track to find someone who has experience. The clutch replacement is not too difficult but involves and requires special tools. It is not a first time mechanic job. And, the parts are very expensive. The plate pack is about $800 and the basket is almost $1000. If you read all the clutch threads here you can probably find a way to do it for less than $150 using Barrett clutch plates, but that is only if your basket is in good shape and I suggest most K12 baskets need to be replaced with the up dated K13 parts. It is a bit confusing and if you are not confident, it is a bmw shop job, or good non dealer bmw shop. The fluid changes are straight forward, although I recommend you use a torque wrench and new parts where called for such as crush washers. Here is the cheapest legitimate copy of the Factory BMW manual:
https://www.amazon.com/BMW-Motorcycl...service+manual
S1000R
I need a Honda sport or better yet a Monkey
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:20 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,210 Posts

I forgot to mention also that the items you asked about are on YouTube also.
S1000R
I need a Honda sport or better yet a Monkey
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.