I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat > Live Polls - Motorcycle/Site Related
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Live Polls - Motorcycle/Site Related Let your opinion be known!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Poll: How many times have you been down? - Lifetime on the street
Poll Options
How many times have you been down? - Lifetime on the street

Old 03-17-2017, 05:20 AM
Site Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to slatanik
Re: How many times have you been down? - Lifetime on the street

...story of my life...
Last July
place : speedway.
speed 50km/h dragging along...
accident : traffic coming from 50km/h to a stand stiil suddenly...me pulling sideways,just missing the car in the front...but not enough...clipping the car's bumper with my tibia...and fibula.
2 hours later...me in hospital,both bones broken in my leg.
Bike : restored by insurace.
Recovered from accident ok,got my Suzuki sv1000s back,rode it till December.
On December 17, 2016 riding with a bunch of friends on some nice back roads,my front tire decided to deflate instantly.
I pulled the steering left,and the bike went right...
I jumped off the bike having 75-80 km/h.
I hit my hip,but apart a nasty bruise and a couple of weeks of limping, i got away unharmed.
The bike slammed in to the car coming from the other direction.
Both vehicles were totalled.
Insurance paid out,and this is how i ended up buying the Blue K12R i own now.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Getting up to speed

I started riding in England back in 1980. I bought a small motorcycle and was going on a single lane road the 6 miles between RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath. It was dusk and I was pushing it. After all, I'd ridden the road many times and there was never any traffic.

Well, I didn't have it memorized as well as I thought I did. What I thought was a gentle curve ahead turned out to be a 90 degree turn instead. I hit the brakes and went over the handlebars, rolling as I hit the ground...after breaking off the windshield.

I had a helmet on and gloves. That was the extent of my protective gear. I was wearing my USAF blue uniform. Lightweight blue slacks. Lightweight jacket. Nothing got damaged. I just had to brush off the dirt and away I went. Well, after standing there shaking a lot.

I left England and motorcycling for 25 years, then picked it back up when I needed an extra vehicle for when my oldest daughter came back from college for the summer. Since then, there's been nothing. Not for lack of trying. I commute up and down I-5 from one end of Seattle to the other. The only time I don't ride, is when it snows...but even there, I've been very close at times. I figure God has a guardian angel watching over me.

Chris
Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

If you include dirt riding I couldn't count that high. On the street...3 times.

GT
Old 09-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Shooting the gap

I was sharing with another Rider how much I like ABS on my BMW and the 5 occasions wherein it made a positive difference in outcome to a potentially bad situation. He then shared with me that all his bikes came standard with LHD...uh LHD says I? Yep, Lay Her Down.
'11 K1300S, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Corbin Seat, Low-Beam HID, Centerstand, Illmburger CF-Rear Hugger, Fenda Extenda, Philips 8-LED-DRL, Pair of 18W LED Flood Lamps, Rear Luggage Rack, Grip-Puppies, R&G Aero Sliders, OEM Hard Bags, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn, Bar-End Throttle Lock, Zumo 660LM, Nelson-Rigg Tankbag, Fuel Filler Neck Vent Holes, Aluminum Kickstand Foot, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers. Color: Red/Black.