I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200GT-Slant 4 Version > "K12GT" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12GT" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

View Poll Results: NEW POLL: GT Survey
Traded/sold another BMW model for my K12GT 193 34.10%
Traded/sold a non-BMW model for my K12GT 129 22.79%
K12GT is my first and only motorcycle (1st time riders or those getting back into sport) 46 8.13%
K12GT added to my existing bike stable without trade/sale 132 23.32%
I looked and test rode a K12GT and may consider one 22 3.89%
I have no interest in the K12GT 45 7.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 566. You may not vote until 'registered'. Please go here: http://www.i-bmw.com/register.php

Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Re: NEW POLL:How'd You Get Your GT

Gave guy cash , he gave me gt ! Not a bad deal ! Ben riding Hardley Abelsons for a long long time and thought I would like to try something that could get out of its own way . A brother said k1200gt , try it ! I did and am now sold ! Thanks Mike
Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Getting up to speed

I bought my 03 K1200GT off a fellow ADVrider member last year, it had some issues and no service records, but the price reflected that. I was busy at work, I paid for a friend to fly out to Arkansas and ride it back for me. Best bike I've ever ridden, I liked it better than a new K1600GT I test rode, even, so I spent almost $2000 having the dealer make it as close to as new as possible. I plan on thinning my herd quite a bit, I finally found an all around bike, my sport bikes will be moving on.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Getting up to speed

I'm on my second 2007 K1200GT. Sold the first one to a Harley guy that said he "wanted to change his image". That bike had 94,000 miles on it. The suspension was starting to get soft. I really liked the bike, obvious from the miles I put on it. But it had the dreaded stalling problem but otherwise ran very well. The bike was dark grey.

So now I have another 2007 K1200GT that is dark blue. The previous owner blew the motor and BMW installed a new long block under warranty because dealer service did not replace the cam chain sliders. After that, the bike sat for several years. It has 24K on the odometer and about 9K on the motor. To my surprise, this 07 does not have the stalling issue at all!! and the normal suspension setting seems like the Sport setting of my other 07.

Beemer #1

And Beemer #2