I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Twisted Wrister

King Co., Washington Deputy Sheriff pulls gun on motorcyclist

https://www.yahoo.com/news/very-trou...193259022.html
Old 08-30-2017, 07:36 PM
(Moderator) Cocked and loaded...
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,033 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to Kneedragger
Re: King Co., Washington Deputy Sheriff pulls gun on motorcyclist

I support law enforcement, but this cop was an ego-driven asshole...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Kneedragger' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 08:19 PM
Getting up to speed

Last winter my wife and I were stopped for traveling 50 mph in a 40 zone. We are both 68+ and were driving a newer vehicle on what was a day when the shoulders were piled high with snow. I drove perhaps 100+ yards after being "lit up" looking for a clear place to stop before finally pulling into a small storefront area with people walking around. The officer exited his vehicle and I did the same in order to remove my wallet from beneath the heavy coat I was wearing since it was impossible to do so while seated. Well out came the officer's pistol and I found myself looking down the wrong end of a 40 cal. Glock. As I tried to explain that I was needing to get out my wallet the screaming began and he came to full combat stance while other "civilians" were walking around behind me in what was about to become the line of fire much to my chagrin.

After much screaming and no small amount of consternation I reentered my vehicle and the young fellow approached my window with weapon drawn. Now the good part. I spent quite some time working as a Missouri State Trooper--yeah, big Smoky hat and all, and I was so mad that I was shaking all the while having to listen to my wife telling me to "calm down"! After a very brief introductory speech I went into my "if you are going to pull that weapon you best be prepared to explain in court why you shot someone" training speech. Part of what I did in uniform was to try to train rookies--and oh what fun that was! After about five minutes of lecture to him I was issued a warning and told to slow down. I SLOWLY drove home and called his commanding officer to explain that he should probably instruct his officers not to shoot the retired residents of the community since it would effectively lower the tax base!!

Sorry the lengthy response, but the video just struck a nerve.
Ken
The following (13) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'MoRider' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Site Contributor

My two cents:
´´ There are too many cheaters and liars in the police forces all around the world!´´
Too many men and women on a power trip, using their badge and weapon to show off. Being a cop is more of a vocation than a work, more than just a way to bring bread and butter to the table, it takes nerves and dedication, pride of course, etc, etc...!
Bear with me, I could definitely not be a LEO, at least not a good one. I had a few ´´experiences'´ with the law in the last 63 years, most good,some real bad. As we live in democratic States, it is OK to denounce the bad ones, as in this video, however let's remember that, over all, they do a good job and should have our support.
So: thank you to all LEOs doing their job honestly, and F.....to the ones on a power trip
Amen
The following (3) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'OILHEAD' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:10 PM
(Moderator) MR. GSA Man!
Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,106 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Flyboy

I doubt I would ever pop out of my car and reach into my pocket after being pulled over

I've learned to sit nicely with hands on the wheel and wait for officer to initiate conversation

Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2016
04 k1200RS Zebra.Sold
07 R1200GSA
01-SOLD K1171RS
05 R1200GS...SOLD
06 K1200R..SOLD..so long!

Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Do it now NON NEONS . Thanks!
The following (6) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Flyboy' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,782 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I doubt I would ever pop out of my car and reach into my pocket after being pulled over

I've learned to sit nicely with hands on the wheel and wait for officer to initiate conversation

Ask any cop, that's what they'd like you to do. If at night, turn on your cabin lights also.

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'jargon' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Getting up to speed

After making my living for some time on the road and training others to do so safely no, I didn't "pop" out and reach behind my back like some freakin idiot! For the stated record my hands were in the air and I stated clearly the reason I was out was to be able to get to my wallet. I was told FORCEFULLY to get back in the car while at gunpoint. In the interest of brevity I tried to paint the episode shy of some detail hoping that my stated previous experience would perhaps fill in somewhat. Apparently not.

For the greater part I worked with a true group of dedicated highly trained professionals and was proud to do so. However, as stated above by others as in ALL professions there are people who are involved that really should get a job on an ice cream truck! No offense intended to those of you that drive an ice cream truck for a living however.

Ken
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'MoRider' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,541 Times in 1,180 Posts

Officer in question in first post is an 18 year vet on a local town PD, Woodinville. I hope he is cooling his heals and I personally think he is not the kind of LEO I like to be paying. Word is the MC rider was not behaving well in traffic. I have not seen the complete video. Time for him to retire and get a job as bailiff somewhere in Idaho.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Beech' for this post:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Getting up to speed

Or on an ice cream truck.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:25 AM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRider
Or on an ice cream truck.
You'd better make up your mind you little bugger and decide if you want chocolate or vanilla,or I'll shoot you down!
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'OILHEAD' for this post:
Old 08-31-2017, 02:18 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,433 Times in 3,153 Posts

I also have been stopped while driving in a car and was looking down the barrel of the officers gun. In my case I think the officer was wrong - but if the circumstances had been slightly different I would have understood.

I was pulled over in the evening because of a missing license plate. Well that is what it looked like - I had a dealer plate in the rear window and it had fallen.

I back in the day always carried concealed - had a pistol permit which was issued to me for personal protection.

When the officer approached me - I clearly stated to the officer to notice that both my hands where on the steering wheel and that I was in fact in possession of a firearm on my person and that I had a license to carry.

At that point he stepped back from my car drew his gun and told me to get out of the car with my hands up and in front of me.

He immediately called for backup - keeping me facing my car and kept his gun pointing at me.

For what ever reason he did not believe my permit was real - it in fact was the standard issue for Massachusetts.

I did get it all resolved the next day with the chief of police but it in fact was a bad stop and could have gone terribly wrong.

I did everything right and this guy went wacky on me - even one of the other officers with rank that arrived told him in front of me he was making a mistake - that didn't matter - the other officers told him to let me go after just about an hour from the time of the initial stop.

From that day forward that officer and me were never friends - I live in a small enough town that I would run into him time from time - and I made it perfectly clear that I thought he was still an idiot.

Most cops are professionals and good people like any profession or any organization there will always be a few bad ones.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)

Last edited by brucev : 08-31-2017 at 08:32 PM.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'brucev' for this post:
Old 08-31-2017, 06:10 AM
*Disclaimer below

Well, sign of the times. I dont blame him at all for being ready for anything during a traffic stop especially one involving reckless driving.
Nothing wrong with pulling a gun when you dont know why he was riding the way he was, sure he probably was just being an idiot on public roads or he could have just committed a felony of some type and possibly a member of the terrorist group ANTIFA, thing is nowadays you just dont know do you.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Moderator; Weeding out the weak
Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,382 Posts

Cop with handgun or redneck with a pickup, for some unexplainable reason traffic offenses are suddenly justification for bodily harm.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:28 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

Statie in Maine greeted me with gun drawn while I was waiting for my bro in a rest area. He put it away quickly. It was an expensive ticket with a two day trip all accommodations paid to the county facilities. They probably lost money on the deal. Cured my triple digit fever
Old 08-31-2017, 09:16 PM
Zealot of Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
Well, sign of the times. I dont blame him at all for being ready for anything during a traffic stop especially one involving reckless driving. "

It is a sign of the times, sadly, that police behave like paranoid mentally ill people. Dirty Harry was more responsible and judicious than cops in the news today. Modern police training is that civilians are expendable for officer safety and to err on the side of pulling the trigger because there are no consequences for slaying an innocent person. That's why a lady in her nightie who called police for help was shot in the gut and killed.

It is entirely unreasonable and irresponsible to point a gun at a person during a traffic stop, as the Sheriff himself said.
The following (3) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'MAXdB' for this post:
Old 04-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Certified V4 Nut

UPDATE:

Cop gets 5 day suspension without pay. IMHO, not enough. I'm sure that there are plenty of he said/she said cases that end up in no punishment. This video CLEARLY outlined this STOP. Personally, I also think that the way the officer "holds" the gun in this case, seemingly trying to conceal (from the general public) yet brandish/scare the rider goes to show that the officer did NOT feel in eminent danger. I feel that had he truly felt threatened/endangered, he would have taken a much different stance/position than what is shown in the video.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ist-suspended/
Dirt: 2004 Honda CRF80 ~ son :: 2006 Honda CRF70 ~ daughter #1 :: 1985 Honda ATC70 ~ daughter #2 :: 2006 Honda CRF150 ~ unclaimed :: 2007 Honda CRF450X ~ Dad
IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'MattB' for this post:
Old 04-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Site Contributor

Thanks Matt
Now just imagine the same situation with the same cop riding a Harley and your licence plate
Old 04-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Certified V4 Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILHEAD
Thanks Matt
Now just imagine the same situation with the same cop riding a Harley and your licence plate
Assuming we'd just come through some twisties, the light would be green before he got there for the holdup.
Dirt: 2004 Honda CRF80 ~ son :: 2006 Honda CRF70 ~ daughter #1 :: 1985 Honda ATC70 ~ daughter #2 :: 2006 Honda CRF150 ~ unclaimed :: 2007 Honda CRF450X ~ Dad
IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'MattB' for this post:
Old 04-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB
UPDATE:

Cop gets 5 day suspension without pay. IMHO, not enough. I'm sure that there are plenty of he said/she said cases that end up in no punishment. This video CLEARLY outlined this STOP. Personally, I also think that the way the officer "holds" the gun in this case, seemingly trying to conceal (from the general public) yet brandish/scare the rider goes to show that the officer did NOT feel in eminent danger. I feel that had he truly felt threatened/endangered, he would have taken a much different stance/position than what is shown in the video.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ist-suspended/
What you neglected to mention is that the idiot cop was on paid leave for several months. GT