I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > Racing General
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Racing General Section for AMA Series and likewise

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 09-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Twisted Wrister

Wayne Rainey Takes Over US Racing

Maybe a revival in the making for you guys. It has been pretty bleak since DMG took over.

With all the top guys retiring or injured (Spies,Edwards,Hayden) and as an outsider I can't see anyone else coming through, this could be great for American racing.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Site Contributor

Wayne Rainey Takes Over US Racing

Best of luck to Wayne and the KRAVE group. Hope they succeed in this MotoAmerica road racing effort with the AMA.
Sweet Hitch-Hiker, Won't you ride on my fast machine? (CCR John Fogerty)
Old 09-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 6,700 Times in 2,768 Posts

Re: Wayne Rainey Takes Over US Racing

I sure hope that things improve under new "management". Unfortunately American Road Racing has lost all of its glory. The DMG group that had been running it, did a terrible job. I used to mark my calender for the Daytona race in March when all the world's top riders showed up to compete. Now I don't think I could name more than 1 or 2 riders at the top of the US road racing standings. Time will tell.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 6,700 Times in 2,768 Posts

Further evidence of the collapse of American Road Racing, Josh Herrin, an AMA champion rider, loses his Moto2 ride.........

http://superbikeplanet.com/2014/Sep/140905b.htm

American Herrin Loses Moto2 Ride
Friday, September 05, 2014

As has been rumored for the last few days, this release confirms that Josh Herrin and Caterham have split.

AirAsia Caterham Moto Racing can today announce that Ratthapark Wilairot will join the team at the Grand Prix of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini.

Wilairot will replace Josh Herrin on the Caterham Suter for the remainder of the 2014 season.

Following his impressive debut with the team at the Jerez GP, the 26 year old Thai rider was an obvious choice to contest the final six rounds of the Moto2 Championship.

Johan Stigefelt - Team Manager: "We have decided to replace Josh with Ratthapark. It was not an easy decision but it was necessary in order to try to bring better results on that side of the garage.

"We are here to be competitive with two riders and the expectations were made clear from the start of the season. Unfortunately these goals have not been met, despite our best efforts and support to Josh.

"We wish Josh all the best for the future and at the same time welcome Ratthapark to our team. I am happy that Ratthapark is joining us as we know he has the ability to battle for the points and can help us to gain good results, so let's now see how we can improve for the final six races of the season."

Ratthapark Wilairot: "Firstly I have to say thank you very much to Tony Fernandes, Mia Sharizman, Johan Stigefelt and AirAsia for giving me this big present to ride in Moto2 until the end of the season. Also I want to thank CORE and PTR who have allowed me to do my favourite career.

"I am feeling fresh and excited to get back into the Moto2 garage, especially with the AirAsia Caterham Moto Racing Team. I made one race at Jerez already this year with them and I really enjoyed it! All the people in the team are working hard and helped me a lot with everything; it's like a big family.

"I hope to repay them for this opportunity by doing a good job and achieving positive results for the remaining six races. In Jerez we worked well together and gained valuable information for set up with the Caterham Suter bike, so I am confident that we can build on this.

"My target is to score points and finish in the top fifteen. I will open the gas and get near to the top guys."
ENDS
Old 09-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Wookin' pa nub
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,084 Posts

DMG has damaged American racing to a point where I'm afraid it will never recover. But who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Keyboard Hero! Let the games BEGIN!!!

A product of "unfortunate upbringing..."

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
DMG has damaged American racing to a point where I'm afraid it will never recover. But who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I'm inclined to agree with you,but the reality is there's talent out there just a case of having a system that can be tapped into.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Wookin' pa nub
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,084 Posts

I agree that there is talent, but, there hasn't been any way to cultivate that talent for years. Just like any sport there needs to be a reasonable step process to move up. How many years will it take to get another Spies out of this new group?

Keyboard Hero! Let the games BEGIN!!!

A product of "unfortunate upbringing..."

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
Old 09-13-2014, 02:33 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,360 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
I agree that there is talent, but, there hasn't been any way to cultivate that talent for years. Just like any sport there needs to be a reasonable step process to move up. How many years will it take to get another Spies out of this new group?
Much more in place for young riders(kids)to ride dirt(enduro - mx) than there is for them to ride sport bikes. Not to mention they don't need a track to be riding a lot. Only way at this time is to get them to the track - and we need more local tracks supporting programs for young riders.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)