I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > Racing General
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Racing General Section for AMA Series and likewise

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 12-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

Christmas present

My lovely wife Elise, told me she was very excited to give me my gifts this year, so I shopped very hard to get her something special too! She never lets me down. So last night we opened our gifts and I was feeling pretty good about what I got her. She got me this great book about the Isle of Man TT race and a Fenway Park sweatshirt with a built in coozie and can opener, plus a bunch of other stuff too! All right I thought, she was happy and so was I. Then she hands me a box. Mmmm, I thought. It was light and I asked if it was tix to Chesney at Gillete next summer. She said open it and look. When I looked I lost it....she got tickets to the Isle of Man 2016. We leave June 2. Yeeha!
The following (19) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'docsevicz' for this post:
Old 12-27-2015, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,150 Posts

Re: Christmas present

Paul:

Now that is one great Christmas gift beats all the sweaters you will never wear. And your wife is going with you - my wife might buy me a ticket to the IOM but no way is she going to go.

Looks like you will be needing to think really hard about what to get your wife for her birthday or Christmas next time.

Will be looking for your trip report for sure - and make sure you bring at least two cameras plus your cell phones - pictures will be needed and not just a few.

16 S1000RR-Black (Track Only)
16 R3-Black (Track Only)
Old 12-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Site Contributor

AWESOME present;The quintessential "Holy Land" of motorcyclists! You better get a larger memory card (or an extra) for your camera.

You got yourself a first rate wife

2006 K1200R 'Bebe'
Wunderlich/Rizoma handlebar conversion
Acerbis "Dual road" hand guards
K&N conical air filter
SW-MOTEC crash bars
VERY LOUD "Stebel" horn.
Oberon clutch slave cyl.
Moto-Zen levers
Pyramid hugger.

GONE
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster 'Prudence'
Heated grips
Kaoka cruise control
Sport shield/Fly screen
Big o'l chrome engine-bars w/ highway pegs.
CRAZY LOUD "Denali" air horn.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Banned Spammer
Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,070 Posts

Hey, if you don't want the sweater........
Old 12-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Site Contributor

Sounds like a terrific present! Add a little time to the vacation and incorporate a bit or touring and everyone should be very happy!

Jim
Old 12-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Getting up to speed

You are going to absolutely love it

Have you got accommodation with that fantastic pressie? Usually everywhere on the island is booked up 2 years in advance unless you have contacts, lots of money or a tent!

Either way, it is a Mecca for all things motorcycling....i'm sure you've all seen the clips of the road-racers around the island and yes, they have balls of steel and plain barmy ...the best road riders in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0
Old 12-27-2015, 06:36 PM
To the moon Alice!

Elise is definitely a Keeper

1973 BLACK NORTON COMMANDO 850
2009 RED K1300GT
Old 12-27-2015, 07:12 PM

Elise is an intelligent Cross Fitter goddess. I'm amazed she's put up with my crap for 30 years of marriage and 5 of courting. I am truly blessed! We talked about going in 2011 for the centennial but it died on the vine. No mention of it since so this caught me by surprise indeed. She booked in October and got the last room available in the Rutland Hotel in Douglas. The plan so far is to grandstand on the 6th for the Super Stock TT and Monster Energy Super Sport. The other 2 days will be seeking vantage points for the qualifying and watching the Superbike and Sidecar TT races. Any advice will be soaked up like a sponge. Thanks for the nice replies!
Happy(yafookinhoo) New Year!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:34 PM

I read the book, 100 Years of the Isle of Man TT--- A Century of Motorcycle Racing by David Wright. A ton of info that really only scratches the surface of that race. What struck me was how quickly it became a factory level of competition to produce bikes that could simply complete the course with factory profits at days end with a victory to how athletic those riders were to endure those bikes on what were more or less cart paths. The early bikes were bikes with motors that were belt driven, brakes maybe, no suspension and some had pedals that helped on the mountain course because then you didn't have to get off your bike to get it up the mountain. Most interesting was the race wasn't intended for bikes. In 1904 the Automobile Club of Great Britain and Ireland were looking to run eliminating trials for the Bennett Cup in Germany. The speed limit on British roads early on was 20 mph so they couldn't legally race there. British Club Secretary Julian Orde visited his cousin Lord Raglan on the Isle in 1904 and convinced his cousin to pass legislation allowing the cars eliminating competition to occur on the Isle. People were outraged to "hurry the manner through in such fashion" but in May 1904 eleven cars showed up and the crowd that followed made it a huge success. By 1905 bikes followed the cars. Of the 18 bikes there and only 2 finished. 1906 The Tourist Trophy was created but with all the calls of cheating the race was null and void. By 1907 they figured it out, the rules were laid out and C.R. Collier won the single cylinder race on a Matchless in 4 hours 8 minutes and 8 seconds, average speed 38. The history in this race leads to 18 minute laps with average speeds of 130 mph. Wow, holy cow wow!
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'docsevicz' for this post:
Old 01-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Site Contributor

Fantastic gift! You'll have a blast and memories for a lifetime.

Black 2013 k1300s
Mandarin/Titan Silver Metallic 1999 r1100s
Old 01-15-2016, 01:08 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2009
Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,158 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Louis

Most awesome gift !

If ever she changes her mind or some unfortunate circumstances forces her outta going with you, I should be all mended up and mobile by then and I'll supply all the beer you can drink iffin you want me to take her place...

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over!
This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Ride West 2008
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?p=191559#post191559
Ride West 2009 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=24292
Dad & daughter Ride 2011 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35470
André Slabbinck 1957-2014 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=50135
Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsevicz
My lovely wife Elise, told me she was very excited to give me my gifts this year, so I shopped very hard to get her something special too!

...she got tickets to the Isle of Man 2016. We leave June 2. Yeeha!

Oh... BTW what did you get her???

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over!
Ride West 2008
Old 01-16-2016, 12:15 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis
Oh... BTW what did you get her???
A H-D Electra-Glide...
Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM

Talking Re: Christmas present

Oh boy...what did I get her? I got her everything she literally picked out while shopping with her but for one thing and some other stuff she didn't pick out. I stuffed her stocking with the usual like chocolate and underwear and stuff. She liked the Fitbit but the wireless Bluetooth headphones wouldn't stay in her ears so were returned. The one thing I didn't get, I got finally. I gave it to her New Years Eve. A simple white gold necklace with a straight bar adorned with diamonds. There's always next year! The beer is tempting but the memory would be....wait, what did I miss?
Old 01-16-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Oh boy...what did I get her? ...

... The beer is tempting but the memory would be....wait, what did I miss?
Oh... you'd remember all right!

Ride West 2008
Old 01-16-2016, 06:17 PM

Next year, it's a trip to California with a long ride down the PCH on a HD Electra-Glide to wine country for her! She'd rather me on an HD anyway. Ya, next year! Go Pats. That book is awesome. I think it brought us to the bikes of today. The race, I mean. Fearless riders challenging the technology of the day. Awesome read!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Next year, it's a trip to California with a long ride down the PCH on a HD Electra-Glide to wine country for her! She'd rather me on an HD anyway.
So let me take my answer over:

A H-D Electra-Glide...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'OILHEAD' for this post:
Old 01-17-2016, 07:42 PM

Ten years ago I was at Humarock Beach in Scituate Mass enjoying the surf roll in when a striking older woman of seventy something walked over to me and told me she liked my bike. I had a black Blackbird then and it got compliments all the time but never from such a woman. I said to her, you like motorcycles eh, that surprises me. She was Irish and told me that her Dad would take her and her Mom to the Isle of Man for vacation every year to watch the races and that they really enjoyed them. It had to be early 50's I'm guessing because fairings were just starting to be used and the BB was so equipped. She pointed to her ocean front home and told me how much she loved being seaside and the Isle was her favorite place to visit. Then she told me to be very careful because motorcycles are very dangerous. Boy would I like to run into her again!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Founder, I-BMW & Huge HD Fan
Thanked 1,549 Times in 836 Posts

Send a message via MSN to vics Send a message via Yahoo to vics Send a message via Skype™ to vics

Hey - good story come over to 278 Foster Ave (MarshVegas- on the beach), just down the beach when ya have time - there are a few of us who like tellin tales too
Rick knows the cat for whom we speak

Quote:
Ten years ago I was at Humarock Beach in Scituate Mass enjoying the surf roll in when a striking older woman of seventy something walked over to me and told me she liked my bike. I had a black Blackbird then and it got compliments all the time but never from such a woman. I said to her, you like motorcycles eh, that surprises me. She was Irish and told me that her Dad would take her and her Mom to the Isle of Man for vacation every year to watch the races and that they really enjoyed them. It had to be early 50's I'm guessing because fairings were just starting to be used and the BB was so equipped. She pointed to her ocean front home and told me how much she loved being seaside and the Isle was her favorite place to visit. Then she told me to be very careful because motorcycles are very dangerous. Boy would I like to run into her again!
Learn something or simply find entertainment on i-bmw? Then why not consider supporting us via a donation?
See the "Donate" link on the NavBar in the middle of every page! Thanks!
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'vics' for this post:
Old 01-18-2016, 06:38 PM

Smile Re: Christmas present

I know Marshfield well, my mother-in-law(god rest my soul) lives on Shawmut St. She was once the landlord of the great Joey Voices...The Fairview was one of our favorite restaurants. Pat and some bodies family style restaurant. Mike the lobstermen down at the dock. Haddads before he went big and was cash only(place was a dump but made it so good). I drove thru one 4th of July and really enjoyed. Yes, a visit to your seaside shanty sounds good.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:09 PM
ŘZNAM
Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,429 Posts

The Fairview is no longer there, and it's Arthur & Pat's.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I know Marshfield well, my mother-in-law(god rest my soul) lives on Shawmut St. She was once the landlord of the great Joey Voices...The Fairview was one of our favorite restaurants. Pat and some bodies family style restaurant. Mike the lobstermen down at the dock. Haddads before he went big and was cash only(place was a dump but made it so good). I drove thru one 4th of July and really enjoyed. Yes, a visit to your seaside shanty sounds good.
TMI, Marshfields a beautiful town. I look forward to meeting on Ocean St. Some fine summer day. The Fairview moved to Rt 53 and is now called Disches. The foods still good!