I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > Racing General
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Racing General Section for AMA Series and likewise

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Twisted Wrister

Transatlantic Challenge Back On?

Us Brits have some pretty good Superbike riders at the moment but the US riders kinda dried up after Spies went to GPs. If the Transatlantic Challenge gets back on, what eight riders would be in your team - I guess Hayden would fill No1 spot?

http://www.crash.net/bsb/news/226002...m_campaign=rss
Old 01-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 6,700 Times in 2,768 Posts

Re: Transatlantic Challenge Back On?

Would be great if it could be re-instituted, but its really unfortunate that US road racing talent hasn't shown much on the world stage. Sure Hayden, and maybe his brothers could participate, Josh Herrin and JD Beach might be competitive, but at this stage I'd say the Brits hold all the aces as far as world stage competition on Superbikes is concerned.

Its ironic that it wasn't that long ago that US racers were on top of the world charts, Steve Baker, Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Scott Russell, Doug Polen, Ben Spies, and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. Hopefully US road racing will provide more competitive talent now that Wayne Rainey's organization has taken over. Remember when the Daytona 200 was the biggest bike race there was? Time will tell.