I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > Racing General
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Racing General Section for AMA Series and likewise

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 02-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Site Contributor

Sad story about Elena Myers out today

From asphaltandrubber.com

At 23 years of age, it is strange not to see Elena Myers on the race track these days, as the talented MotoAmerica racer is undoubtedly in the prime of her life, racing-wise.
But, Myers hung up her leathers a little over a year ago, saying that she could not secure enough funding for the 2016 season a common enough story in the American road racing paddock but seemingly other issues were percolating below the surface of that statement.
Giving an extensive account to the Philadelphia magazine, Myers describes a narrative about how a sexual assault during a hotel massage changed not only her life, but also lead to her quitting the sport she loved.
The account is a disheartening one, and it goes beyond just allegations of an assault by a masseur, as it spills into the all-too-familiar reality of how the indifference and unwillingness of others come part and parcel with what is already a serious crime.

The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'jcw' for this post:
Old 02-18-2017, 09:09 PM
(Moderator) Cocked and loaded...
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,020 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to Kneedragger
Re: Sad story about Elena Myers out today

I read about this yesterday... very sad, and a tragic way to end her career. I hope she will be successful with her lawsuit...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Kneedragger' for this post:
Old 02-19-2017, 12:16 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2016
Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,172 Posts

Heart breaking, I hope some time will give her renewed spirit.
S1000R
I need a Vespa
I change your tires, you buy them on the web, I do the work $40, trying to keep riders on the road.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Twisted Wrister

Hang the scum from the "junk" till it rips off, then let 'em bleed out...all in public view of course...perhaps @ the stupid bowel half time show????...way better than what's been "offered" ..... I'd perhaps actually tune in for that....

As of JUNE-2018,
'85K100RS,Original Owner,DOWN@*200,620*mi
'96R1100RS,3rd Owner,78,735mi.
'03K1200GT, 4th Owner,53,265mi. To replace the '85
'07 650 V-STROM, 2nd Owner, 37,600mi.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Shooting the gap

Speechless!! F-ING scumbag pos is taking everything from her!! I hope this lump of dog shit dies a slow painful death!! 23 yrs. old, shes got her whole life ahead of her !!