I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Riding > Trip & Ride Planning > Australia & New Zealand > Down Under Gatherings
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Down Under Gatherings Local Gatherings in Australia & New Zealand. Want to organize a ride or know of a local get together or Rally? Post up here!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 11-01-2017, 05:09 AM
De kessé ???
Thanked 6,291 Times in 1,677 Posts

Re: Sydney Ride - Wed 1st Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heapy
The bike dummy!

What part ?

Accident , flat tire ...
Old 11-01-2017, 05:14 AM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D
What part ?

Accident , flat tire ...

Front tyre, although I’m not sure it was an accident.
Was some Polly vous francois, oo lala, fuck’n Honda... and the rest is history
Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 AM
De kessé ???

Quote:
Front tyre, although I’m not sure it was an accident.
Was some Polly vous francois, oo lala, fuck’n Honda... and the rest is history

Je ne comprend toujours pas vos explications monsieur Grahame , but as long nobody got hurt it is ok .
Old 11-01-2017, 05:20 AM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Je ne comprend toujours pas vos explications monsieur Grahame , but as long nobody got hurt it is ok .

Nobody hurt and fixed in a jiffy! all good.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 AM
K-bike addict...part time mod
Thanked 1,454 Times in 667 Posts

Send a message via MSN to K-Man! Send a message via Skype™ to K-Man!

I was a little shaken....and had to drink 3 beers at lunch plus a whisky chaser

...when in doubt, twist the throttle and go for it...

The following (6) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'K-Man!' for this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 AM
De kessé ???

Quote:
Nobody hurt and fixed in a jiffy! all good.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:01 AM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2015
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor350
I need lots of lubrication first.

Moggsy, YSWIDT

Maaate, while I'm more than happy to help apply both wet, & dry lubrication for this event to happen at the Bright amphetheatre.... am a little sceptical...

As you know, Peter Garrett is what...6 foot 4 tall, maybe, and slim in build....can't wait to see how you're going to pull the 'epileptic fit dance' off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd1IMmsOc6g
The following (4) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'paulmogs' for this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,041 Posts

What the hell is a drop bear?

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

Currently Receiving Intravenous Sedatives and Rides a Pussy Bike with Pride

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 11-01-2017, 11:01 AM
De kessé ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jargon
What the hell is a drop bear?

http://www.australiangeographic.com....s,-study-says/
Old 11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,041 Posts

I should've known not to ask...

Attacking Koala's?

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

Currently Receiving Intravenous Sedatives and Rides a Pussy Bike with Pride

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
Old 11-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…
Thanked 2,237 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmogs
Maaate, while I'm more than happy to help apply both wet, & dry lubrication for this event to happen at the Bright amphetheatre.... am a little sceptical...

As you know, Peter Garrett is what...6 foot 4 tall, maybe, and slim in build....can't wait to see how you're going to pull the 'epileptic fit dance' off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd1IMmsOc6g

I know, it all stacks up against me, even my stupid, full head of hair.

But in perfect conditions, just like an orchid, I will shine.

Current Rides
2017 BMW K1300R
2004 Yamaha WR 450F

Previous Rides
1982 Suzuki GSX 250S
1993 Suzuki DR350
2004 BMW 650GS Dakar
2005 BMW K1200R
2013 BMW K1300R
Old 11-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Wookin' pa nub
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor350
I know, it all stacks up against me, even my stupid, full head of hair.

But in perfect conditions, just like an orchid, I will shine.

Even the mushroom, surrounded by shit and kept in the dark, has a place on the pizza. Just saying

Keyboard Hero! Let the games BEGIN!!!

A product of "unfortunate upbringing..."

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
The following (5) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'justjoe' for this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Moderator; ON-ON

Send a message via Skype™ to chilei

Well shit! I just saw this entire bit of literary gold fecal matter when I came in to post thanks to you wonderful Bastards!

We had a great time and the fucking Honda provided ample time to chat, swear about Martin's lack of maintaining the bike, and napping on the side of an Australian highway which my wife had never done before! It was a fun ride even though I got into the right side of the road once.

We will definitely add the rally to our list but probably not this year. You guys are special and we appreciate the effort and planning!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"
The following (7) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'chilei' for this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Man!

You precious little flower

Current Rides
2017 BMW K1300R
2004 Yamaha WR 450F

Previous Rides
1982 Suzuki GSX 250S
1993 Suzuki DR350
2004 BMW 650GS Dakar
2005 BMW K1200R
2013 BMW K1300R
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'doctor350' for this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 10:02 PM
GS Crash Test Dummy
Thanked 1,303 Times in 607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilei
Well shit! I just saw this entire bit of literary gold fecal matter when I came in to post thanks to you wonderful Bastards!

We had a great time and the fucking Honda provided ample time to chat, swear about Martin's lack of maintaining the bike, and napping on the side of an Australian highway which my wife had never done before! It was a fun ride even though I got into the right side of the road once.

We will definitely add the rally to our list but probably not this year. You guys are special and we appreciate the effort and planning!
Spoken like a true Texan

Happiness is a way of travel — not a destination

Old 11-02-2017, 01:35 AM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,245 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Man!

Man, how GOOD was that first cold beer! I can still taste it now...

"...no pressure to finish a Tassie ride report, none at all... 'cos it's DONE [fah ken]!!!"
The following (5) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'grey_spikes' for this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Aussie Moderator
Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,028 Posts

SO...... heres how it happened.....
drove into sydney to pick up Kyle and Brenda at 5am, and they are just up the road, tapping on another cars window saying (in your best american accent), "are you Mat?"
Got back to my place about 6am, made everybody a coffee, sorted out the riding gear, which was a combined effort from me and Heapy, thanks mate for dropping that off. And we set off for Berowra, i started on the K1300R, the tourists too the Honda to start. Temperature at 6:30 about 12 - 14 deg C. Both bikes going fine, I had ridden the Honda to work and back a few days back, all good. Did the Air filter refresh, oil topup, and fresh brake pad bleed on the K1300R the night before.
Pulled into Berowra Gas station about 7:30am and fueled up, Heapy was there, K-man turned up shortly after, some dickhead in a truck Squeezed past our bikes when we were fueling up and parked across the section where the cars and bikes usually park, he had plenty of room to back up and drive off, then i see him pointing his finger to move our bikes, fck that, i made the lazy prick back up again to get out, he was not impressed.
I handed over the K1300R to Kyle from Berowra and i took the Honda, we all set off for breakfast at Kulnura.The Honda felt fine. We got through the twisties and onto the open straight roads through Peats Ridge. About half way along i pulled over, gestured Kyle to ride on, and flagged down Mark on the R1200R for a ride of his new beast. We swapped over and set off again. WOW, the new R1200R is farkn awesome, loads of power, not buzz or vibes, extremely comfortable seating position, and appeared to be (no corners) very flickable and nimble.
Then... something was not right with Mark on the Honda, i came up along side of him and saw the front tyre almost flat, and he was already trying to get the bike off the road. We get onto the side of the road, and go straight into repair mode, compressor out, while looking for a puncture or hole, there was a small cut in the tyre, and another very small hole, but neither of these were obvious causes of the flat. Then we noticed the tyre was not on the rim properly and ran some tie downs around the tyre to encourage it to seal onto the rim, no luck, decided wheel off was the answer, my shifter was 1mm to small.
I get a call from Kyle, he is at some turnoff somewhere near the freeway, my bad for sending him on when i swapped bikes with Mark way back, Kyle typed Kulnura into the BMW Nav V on the K1300R, and turned up 15min later.
Mark went to Jerrys to get a tool that might fit, bingo, came back, (with bottles of water for everybody, thoughtful gentleman that he is) ...wheel off.
Mark doubled Heapy carrying the wheel just up the road to the Servo, tyre wouldnt pop on apparently, so ...... I had rung earlier to see if Worthingtons BMW could help, they are about 20km away, so the boys rode straight past me (Kman and Mark with Heapy on the back holding a 21" Rim) and onto the dealership to get the tyre fixed, the dealership only had 1 mechanic and were very busy. After standing around for more than a hour with Kyle and Brenda, (Brenda had a nap on the sun) i sent them down the road (about 3km) to Jerrys cafe for breakfast. More time past..... I took some pics and asked Doctor350 to post them up for me.....more time past..... i rang Kman to see how they were going at the dealership, in the end, they put a secondhand tyre on and only charged for labour,(which heapy paid later that day with a glove purchase, thanks heapy, will sort that out bro). Kyle and Brenda came back to my roadside camp, and bought me a Steak and mushroom pie, hot chips, and a Peacan pie and a bottle of water! Good on ya guys!!
Had a great old chat with Kyle and Brenda on the side of the road, the day is getting pretty hot. More time passes... The Boys return with the front wheel and a secondhand tyre with some meat on it. Tyre takes Heapy 2.5 minutes to install. Its now 1:30pm
I have been on the side of the road for 4.5 hours.............
We let Heapy talk us into going onto Wollombi pub for food (heapy and Mark had not eaten, Kman had a snack near the dealership), Wisemans ferry Pub was strongly voted for too. Off we all go to Wollombi Pub, beautiful day, really nice ride, get to the pub, Kman hands me an Icy cold beer as soon as i get off the bike, awesome bro, we chilled out, had more beers, admired the S1000R and R1200R, discovered Brenda likes Tooheys Old. Then i hear Kyle and Brenda talking about meeting up with the Hashers..... and in Australia.... that would be people smoking Cannibus Resin, not so....and headed back about 3:15 towards Kulnura. Mark, Kman and heapy rode on ahead and got a coffee at Jerrys, i hung back with the Tourists and they took some pictures on the side of the road. Kyle is looking real smooth on the K1300R BTW. We pulled into Jerrys as the boys were finishing their coffees, Kyle and i ate the Peacan pie from earlier, we said our goodbyes (4pm) and we headed home to my place.
Got to peats ridge and jumped on the freeway (slab), got off at Berowra, headed to my place via the Galston Gorge, traffic got bad closer to home, got home 5:45.
I recieved a few text messages from my mate Chris on the triple throughout the day, he was supposed to come for the day ride, i told him 7:30 at Berowra, BUT, i had been asking him to come on the night rides with me for months, so he thought it was 7:30pm..... bummer, really nice guy, rides well.
Anyway, ran Kyle and Brenda back to the city, James (4 year old) came with us, and was bombarding Brenda in the back with his wealth of random knowledge about Human body, space and the periodic table! Dropped them off and headed home.
Martin, we are not really sure what happened with the tyre, apparently (i wasnt there) the tyre didnt have a puncture! but it was fckt from the last bit of riding on the rim. I rode the bike to work 2 days before, everything was fine then. The tyre had some "dry cracking" on close inspection, but seemed ok, i will ring the dealership tommorow and talk to them about it. The secondhand tyre they put back on "did the job", It was fckt too, but it kept the air in it, and got me home, shaking the handlebars, and bouncing up and down at certain speeds... didnt tell the boys that, i just hung back with Kyle anyway, and was happy to cruize. You know, that was probably going to happen anyway, but it would have been 2 weeks before the rally, somewhere in the middle of nowhere with you (Martin) on it, and no way to repair on the side of the road.. (fck we tryed everything).... or... it might have happened later in the day when we were a long way from anywhere..... SO...
anyway...... Great company all day, everybody went way beyond patience and as a team, we got out of a pickle.
Kyle and Brenda, you guys are awesome, great company, ride well, say positive attitude, and would fit right in at an Australian Rally, and have the time of your lives. Hope you still had a good day, and anytime your in Sydney, if your still game, i will come and get you for a ride, or just come and get the bike and take it.
Mark, Kman and Heapy, thanks for the great lengths you all went to solve the situation, and as always, great company and a pleasure to be around. (Heapy is going to say.... Id rather be "Around to be pleasured, than be a pleasure to be around)..... am i right.....
.... So there it is, still a great day on the bikes..... and side of the road....
The following (9) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'KiwiMat' for this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 07:30 AM
Wookin' pa nub
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,084 Posts

I'm sure this wouldn't have happened with Pirelli's on. Just saying.

Keyboard Hero! Let the games BEGIN!!!

A product of "unfortunate upbringing..."

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 AM
De kessé ???

Fuck them Pirelli's ...

It could have been a defect in the tyre , as I remember the tyre shop in Brisbane having quite some problems to stop the air coming out when they installed it on the bike ( the front , the back went on trouble free ) .
In the end they had to put some liquid rubber on the rim to seal it properly . You could phone Capt Grumpy as he could probably explain it better than me , on what they did to stop the leak .

Why did it take so long to go bad is a mystery to me ...

Nobody got hurt , that is the important part .

I guess the tyre situation we talked on the phone the other day is kinda resolved , as I'll have new tyres installed before I get to Australia ...

And thanks to everybody for swearing at my Honda , and taking care of it too .

Next round will be on me !
Old 11-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Aussie Moderator
Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,028 Posts

Quote:
Fuck them Pirelli's ...

It could have been a defect in the tyre , as I remember the tyre shop in Brisbane having quite some problems to stop the air coming out when they installed it on the bike ( the front , the back went on trouble free ) .
In the end they had to put some liquid rubber on the rim to seal it properly . You could phone Capt Grumpy as he could probably explain it better than me , on what they did to stop the leak .

Why did it take so long to go bad is a mystery to me ...

Nobody got hurt , that is the important part .

I guess the tyre situation we talked on the phone the other day is kinda resolved , as I'll have new tyres installed before I get to Australia ...

And thanks to everybody for swearing at my Honda , and taking care of it too .

Next round will be on me !

Interesting, so they fitted a tyre that may have been faulty that would have been virtually impossible to get back on the rim on the side of the road...... I might make some phone calls.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:42 PM
De kessé ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMat
Interesting, so they fitted a tyre that may have been faulty that would have been virtually impossible to get back on the rim on the side of the road...... I might make some phone calls.

Like I said , phone Peter , as he remembers as well I'm sure .
Old 11-02-2017, 04:00 PM

[quote=KiwiMat] You know, that was probably going to happen anyway, but it would have been 2 weeks before the rally, somewhere in the middle of nowhere with you (Martin) on it, and no way to repair on the side of the road [quote]

In this situation, Fisso and I would hijack Martin's thread and discuss great Aussie rock bands of the 70's and 80's, such as AC/DC, Cold Chisel, The Angels, Midnight Oil, RatCat etc.

Current Rides
2017 BMW K1300R
2004 Yamaha WR 450F

Previous Rides
1982 Suzuki GSX 250S
1993 Suzuki DR350
2004 BMW 650GS Dakar
2005 BMW K1200R
2013 BMW K1300R
Old 11-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Site Contributor

"(Heapy is going to say.... Id rather be "Around to be pleasured, than be a pleasure to be around)..... am i right....."

Correct...

"And thanks to everybody for swearing at my Honda...."

That's Fucken Honda Martiana!
Old 11-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Site Contributor

So in a nutshell....Mat fucked the front tyre, gave the bike to Mark so he could take the blame
Made himself the hero even though Heapy did all the work & the whole thing could have been avoided with a good set of Pirelli's
The following (7) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Aussie K13' for this post:
Old 11-03-2017, 05:32 AM

Randall's onto it.

How about name & shame, we know it wasn't a Pirelli on the front...what make & model tyre was it?
Old 11-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Randall's onto it.

How about name & shame, we know it wasn't a Pirelli on the front...what make & model tyre was it?

Some bloody Korean built Conti... not a Pirelli

Although the plot could thicken, fester pushed the fucken Honda pretty hard, coulda damaged the tyre, so might as well bring him into this!

I agree Randall’s onto something though.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:02 AM

Wouldn’t have had this drama with a Chinese Pilelli...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'paulmogs' for this post:
Old 11-03-2017, 08:09 AM
De kessé ???

Quote:
Some bloody Korean built Conti... not a Pirelli

Although the plot could thicken, fester pushed the fucken Honda pretty hard, coulda damaged the tyre, so might as well bring him into this!

I agree Randall’s onto something though.

When Fester rode the Honda , the tires were farkin Pirellis , just sayin ...
Old 11-03-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
When Fester rode the Honda , the tires were farkin Pirellis , just sayin ...

And women threw themselves at him & bike...

The following (3) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'paulmogs' for this post:
Old 11-03-2017, 09:02 AM
De kessé ???

Quote:
And women threw themselves at him & bike...

Here's why ...