Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.
|Chit-Chat A GENERAL, BMW bike (or other) forum for off topic discussions that may not fit elsewhere|
|Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!|
||Thread Tools..||Display Modes|
Forum Rules - PLEASE READ
These are the site-wide rules, however and as the 'Jo' & 'Chit' sub-forums get particularly divisive they are reposted here as a reminder. You can count on them to be in place always, no matter what forum you are in. Violation of these rules is grounds for the IMMEDIATE (or temporary) banning of your account. If you think we’re kidding, think again.
1. Harassing, intimidating or threatening other members is a no go.
2. Attacking family members means a quick exit.
3. Threatening a public official means instaban.
4. Private Messages are Private. Post someone's PM and you're gone. To that end, if you circumvent this by emailing or PM'ing someone's PM, you're on a time out holiday.
5. Behind the back whining to 'other' mods/owners (via PM, texts or calls, etc.) about the actions another mod/owner took on you because you were likely an arse, will get you temp banned or worse. Be an adult.
6. Posting private information about someone will get you banned. You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information—their phone number, where they live, and so on - without their consent.
6A. Posting false information or gossip (in shout box or forums) about mods, admins or owners will result in a temp ban from the Shout Box or forums. Once reinstatement from temp ban status occurs and if another instance is observed/ reported, a permanent ban from said Shout Box or forums will commence until all parties quorum (PM, calls, etc) on next steps.
7. No posting of pornographic or objectionable/inappropriate material.
8. Don't screw with the site. No rickrolls, autoplay videos, malicious code, spammy hijacking, or anything that disrupts the the site's functionality. Animated gifs are okay. If you inadvertently screw the pooch with a post that causes fail, contact a mod.
9. No multiple user ID's. Fake n00bs, aka Multiple User IDs, are, except in exceptional circumstances, merged with the originator. Or both IDs may be banned. Try and sign up as a fake n00b while you are banned, and your temporary time-out might become permanent. If you are trying to change your user name, PM an Administrator.
10. No Spam. Selling your own junk is cool but limited to the Flea Market. Selling multiple items of the same product is considered a sale by vendor, so Vendor forum. Soliciting inmates via Private Message is spam. If it's not related to motorcycling, it's spam. If we see it we nuke it and probably you.
11. Read each forum's rules before posting. Really. Do it. It only takes a minute. Some forums are moderated fairly tightly in order to keep things from going sideways quickly.
12. We try to keep this site as work-safe as a bunch of grimy motorcyclists can. Accordingly, there is no profanity allowed in sig lines or your user title. Also, please refrain from using profanity in thread titles. Thank you very farking much.
13. No forum wars. If you have beefs with inmates in other forums, this isn't the place to air them out.
14. No mod baiting. Whether it's in the forum or in PM's to the staff here, being an arse may earn you some vacation time or a permaban. Not sure what we're getting at? Mods and Admins are volunteers that work hard to bring you a banner free site. Show them some respect- don't bicker with people that possess the power to take you off line. In other words, act like an adult and engage within the confines of a proper, intelligent debate.
15. If you're acting like an arse in the Shoutbox, mods will delete your arse like shout. If it continues, you're ID will be banned from participating within the Shoutbox. Think before you post there and realize that many hundreds of people view (unregistered as well) what you post.
16. Mod decisions are final.
Time-outs, Vacations, and the Banhammer
How the Banhammer (temporary or more) drops around here:
If you're getting the hint that you might be under the banhammer:
In many forums the inmates who have been here for a while will be helpful and give you hints--some subtle, some not--on how to avoid getting into trouble. Listen to them. Everyone here has a vested interest in keeping the site running smoothly. If someone suggests you should change your your post, or to chill out, pay attention. If someone suggests that what you've posted in JoMomma/JoPolitics, etc., is about to get you banned, think hard about editing your post.
If you've found yourself on the wrong side of the banhammer:
Rules infractions can result in anything from a day or few days off to cool off, to long or permanent bans. You will lose your subscriptions if you are banned. If for some remote reason you think the mods have made a mistake, you can contact someone at the site via the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of any page.
If your best buddy is under the banhammer:
Don't start threads to "Free __________". Unless you want to join your buddy in Banned Camp.
|Similar Threads (a database pull of similar subject matter)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What this forum is about||Htheater||Supporting Vendors||0||01-04-2006 11:25 PM|