I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S "Tires
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S "Tires Different tire-brands and suggestions

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

PR4+31mm Riser Plates

Took my 1st ride with the new PR4's and Beech's 31mm riser plates installed..............

sweetness indeed, thanks Beech

I can still flatfoot it at a light with my boots on and I feel a bit tipped up in the back but that will go away soon, in fact the minute I took my first corner I forgot all about it

The bike turns in much better, holds it's line, goes where you wish it to, best bang for the buck of all the mods I've done so far.

Thanks Beech, it took me awhile to put these on as I was still in Afghanistan when I ordered them, but the install was easy as the dealer put them on for free while he was changing tires for me, can't beat that for a deal.

As far as the tires, they handle great so far, no complaints at all. I got 7500 out of my PR3's and probably could have gotten another 500 to a 1000 miles out of them but the back was getting a pretty serious case of Florida square tire despite my trying to find curves anywhere I can. If the PR4's give me the 30% more wear than the 3's I may just get my 1st 10,000 miles out of a set of tires and I've been through a bunch of sets since 1976

Highly recommend both the tires and the plates
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'cjburr' for this post:
Old 05-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Deplorable and Still Rides
Thanked 2,810 Times in 2,080 Posts

Re: PR4+31mm Riser Plates

Chris, you are yet another happy customer...glad to hear. When Charlie first mentioned to me how much he liked this mod, I knew it would be something that others would like as well...he knows and rides that bike as well as anyone. The fact Beecher was able to duplicate them...priceless. I have yet to put mine on, but will do in the next month or so when I change my tires. Hearing all the reviews, I'm really forward to it.

Post 15

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=40133

Don’t confuse me for someone who Gives a Fuck

‘Narcissism is the gift for the unhappy few.’ Unknown

Current Bikes-The Perfect Combination
'15 R12GSAW 'The I-BMW Pussy Bike'
'09 K1300S 'fits me like a glove' with Wilbers
Handy Motorcycle Lift

Past Bikes
'04 K1200RS with Ohlins (traded for GSA)
'11 F800R (traded for GSA)
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'jargon' for this post:
Old 05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

Rode around a bit today without my helmet to see if I could hear any abnormal noises from the final drive......absolutely quiet, no issues I could detect. The dealer had said they wondered if it would effect the final drive at all, and I told them that from everything I had read of this mod it should have very little to no effect.

Inspecting it a bit closer I found they had installed the plates with the rounded edges on the inside instead of on the outside as the instructions from Beech said to do....Beech if your out there, think this will be detrimental?? doesn't really look like it will effect anything but I'll turn them around if you think it's a problem.

I'll pm Beech and see what he thinks

I also have the centerstand so I'll be using it exclusively for now till I decide what to do with the sidestand.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Exceeding Highway speeds

I received a set from Beech last week. My first service is on Tuesday and I'm going to ask my dealership to throw them on. I'm even more excited hearing everyone's experience with these plates!