I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200R / K1200R Sport > "K12R" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12R" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Getting up to speed

Boxer Design Belly Pan

Hey Guys,

I did a search but didn't find anything that answered my questions. I have an 07 K12R Sport, and want to get a belly pan. I can get the AC belly pan from Quebec, but their shipping is expensive, and it would need painting. The Ilemberger CF one is over $1,000, which is too rich for my blood.

I found one made by Boxer Design, and they say they ship to the US. The black primer version is 379 Eu, which is somewhere around 560 I think.

Anyone purchased from Boxer Design, or bought a belly pan from them?

Thanks, Ride Safe!

Jamie
Now: K1200R Sport (finally)
Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I wasn't speeding Officer

Send a message via AIM to Stick52
Re: Boxer Design Belly Pan

Jamie,
I wish I'd known about this co. a year ago. I bought the Ilmberger CF belly pan for my R Sport and that price tag stung bad. Looking at Boxer Design "Examples" page, their painted belly pan looks awesome on the R SPort. Just a note....I had a minor low side and the sliders saved everything except deep scratches on the side of the CF pan. Those scratches, along with chips in the finish from stones over a year of riding is making me have to paint it anyway so the painted plastic is really a better way to go.
Let me know how you make out. BTW, if you care to, you can see my bike in the R Gallery it's the white R Sport with blue trim.
Good Luck
Dave
'98 Honda VFR Interceptor 800fi
Ducati Multistrada 1200S -sold
SV650s -sold
K1300 SLava Orange- sold
Gixxer 600 track bike - sold
K12 GT -sold
Ducati 999 - sold
R6 track bike- sold
K12R Sport - sold wish I hadn't
Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Getting up to speed

Thank for the reply Dave. It is down to the AC belly pan and the boxer one. Do you know anything about the quality and durability of the AC pan? I live in VT and was considering riding the bike up to Autobahn 8 in Montreal and saving the $106 in shipping costs. They quoted me 650 something for the AC pan.

The boxer design one looks good too, but I can't seem to find any reports about its quality from here or K-bikes.com.

Ride Safe

Jamie
Now: K1200R Sport (finally)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Guys what one did you end up getting and what's your opinion as i still keep looking for the bargain
Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Entering the on-ramp

I have the AC bellypan and I must admit I think it looks awesome on an R sport, mine's cosmic blue. I must say though that I have had problems with ground clearance and grounded it out on several occasions when fully loaded and pressing on resulting in some nasty damage underneath and worse the exhaust has scorched the paint where it runs close to the pan and I have had to cut a hole in the pan to stop it burning. That said it's still on the bike cos nothing else looks as good!!

Chris