I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S/R" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S/R" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 09-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Re: Vibration etc, important new info.

Hi,

I just did this mod and had to really push the bush hard to get it into the roller bearing and once in it was very difficult to turn. Went ahead and assembled anyway but like the previous post I could not get neutral. Striped it down and measured 30.02mm diameter. Too tight. I wonder if BMW oversize that bush deliberately to take up some of the slop in the drawn tube bearing or if some bikes do have something around 29.99 mm. I will put the old one back for now as I have no access to a lathe to modify the bush.
Brian
Old 09-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Shooting the gap

Wear did you get the measurements from? The main bearing and bushing are not close to 30mm. The main bearing has 35mm inside diameter and the outside diameter of the bushing is 35mm. Also, you should replace the bushing when you put in the new bearing as the surface wearmates to the bearing. Using the old bushing will shorten the life of the new bearing. And as one reported the bushing was worn conical.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Entering the on-ramp

Sorry I meant 35.02mm. I will get a new bush and see how that measures up.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:55 AM
Entering the on-ramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasjock
Hi,

I just did this mod and had to really push the bush hard to get it into the roller bearing and once in it was very difficult to turn. Went ahead and assembled anyway but like the previous post I could not get neutral. Striped it down and measured 30.02mm diameter. Too tight. I wonder if BMW oversize that bush deliberately to take up some of the slop in the drawn tube bearing or if some bikes do have something around 29.99 mm. I will put the old one back for now as I have no access to a lathe to modify the bush.
Brian
Could You find a factory that makes engines rebuilt like cylinder rectification and more? They usually have the machinery to rectify round bushes. Ask them to brinv the bush to 34,99/34,995 and it will be fine ( a 0,01 gap is necessary because 0 is too tight and i think that the bearing could have a short life)