I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Relax Zone > Chit-Chat > Live Polls - Motorcycle/Site Related
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

Live Polls - Motorcycle/Site Related Let your opinion be known!

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

View Poll Results: Did/Do you finance or pay cash for your K-Bike
I pay CASH 524 68.86%
I Financed the beast 237 31.14%
Voters: 761. You may not vote until 'registered'. Please go here: http://www.i-bmw.com/register.php

Old 01-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Site Contributor

Re: Finance or Cash

Paid cash. 2008 K12s. Found a good deal on one, lucky enough to have cash, done deal.
I wish it always worked out like this.
07 Electra Glide

Sicut Vectus Quasi Furtivum
Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Site Contributor

Try to always pay cash. Try to avoid impulse buy (didn't work with the Great Blue and White Whale, the K1200S, as I was actually shopping for a K1200RS, but then there was that motor...) As I approach the retirement stage of my life, I've managed to pay off everything, except the Orange amps and cabs, but that's just another symptom of my disease. My Chevy Trail Blazer, the Merc Marauder, the Suzuki GS1150, the Aprilia RSV Mille, and the K1200S were all bought used, and with cash. Helps with taxes and insurance considerations, and it's nice to have the title in hand, in case some jaded Ducatista wants to do a swap, or something. I'm saving right now, wouldn't mind coming across a CCM or a BSA 441 in need of resto, or a Suzuki Big, (you Aussies have all the best toys) or an interesting 2 stroke, like a big Maico, or maybe an RD 350 or Gamma.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puptent
Try to always pay cash. Try to avoid impulse buy (didn't work with the Great Blue and White Whale, the K1200S, as I was actually shopping for a K1200RS, but then there was that motor...) As I approach the retirement stage of my life, I've managed to pay off everything, except the Orange amps and cabs, but that's just another symptom of my disease. My Chevy Trail Blazer, the Merc Marauder, the Suzuki GS1150, the Aprilia RSV Mille, and the K1200S were all bought used, and with cash. Helps with taxes and insurance considerations, and it's nice to have the title in hand, in case some jaded Ducatista wants to do a swap, or something. I'm saving right now, wouldn't mind coming across a CCM or a BSA 441 in need of resto, or a Suzuki Big, (you Aussies have all the best toys) or an interesting 2 stroke, like a big Maico, or maybe an RD 350 or Gamma.

So you paid cash for your 58 Les Paul and 57 Stratocaster?
07 Electra Glide

Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Site Contributor

Actually just finished practice and turned the computer on to find this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow laine
So you paid cash for your 58 Les Paul and 57 Stratocaster?

Hah, I found them! Finders Keepers My most valuable would be two vintage Danelctros and a Gibson LP Studio that were inherited from a band mate who managed to get himself shot back in '85 (note to self: mind your own business!). The most I've spent was for a new Yamaha Revstar 620 in brick burst which is my favorite guitar, simply sublime neck. I have a Gretsch Streamliner (G2622 electromatic) center block that doesn't see much use, we just haven't bonded. Epiphone Les Pauls come and go, right now an LP Standard, a Traditional PRO, and an older Special II which has Railhammers and a Bigsby, and right now is getting most of the play time-- love the sound. There's a couple Telecaster styled guitars, one home made that plays surprisingly well and was a pawn shop find, the other a G&L. Yes, there's a Fender Standard Strat, another pawn shop find (both the G&L and the Strat are cream, a lucky match). Then there are the guitars that seem to follow me home, Harmony for the most part, and Hamers, which I don't really keep track of. I'm bidding on a DBZ Barchetta with active pups on ebay. Yamaha 720 acoustic, something chinese acoustic, a cheap resonator, and a cigar box home made 3 string. Arthritis in my hands has reduced me to open tuning in G and D, playing a "five string six string" (remove the low E string, move the A into that slot, and then two D strings of slightly different gauge for my open G. I call it G double D, even tho', technically, there's 3 D strings). Enough pedals to put a shoe gazer into a trance. Lower priced Yamaha and Peavey bass guitars (but I'd love a Lakland 4 string in case someone wants to add me to their gift list), an Ashdown 5 fifteen bass amp. As for drums; DDrum Reflex Uptown in alder 7 piece (an awesome kit that doesn't get its due), a Taye birch 5 piece, and a lifetime collection of snares and cymbals. I want a Williams 88 key electric piano to go along with the accordion I inherited from my mother, it's a Hohner, that's all I know. Almost all tube amps, Bugera, an Eleca, a couple of Orange-cheap and not so cheap, an old Kustom that needs work, and a lot of of "practice amps" (Danelectro Honeytone is the second best battery powered appliance ever invented). Laney cabs, Orange cabs, and some single speaker cabs for studio recording, a Panama, powered by one of the Hotone Mojos, or the Orange Micro Terror, getting used the most. Nostalgia has compelled me to seek out a Fender Champ and a Heathkit. Recording on a Tascam 32 channel Portastudio. Oh, but I do prattle on...
If I get some of my photo files moved to this new computer I think I'll change my avatar, for awhile, to a pic of the "Rumpus Room".
I'm old enough I decided I'm just going to do whatever the hell I want, and I like PB&J 3 times a day. Farther down the road the Auctioneer can straighten all this shit out
What can I say, I like shiny things that make noise
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Site Contributor

You know we are both going to get kicked off the site for our non motorcycle ramblings. BTW I'm an old P-Bass man myself.
07 Electra Glide

Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Site Contributor

Well, if it's not motorcycles it's music, and it's great when it's both. Didn't even get into the record collection... Hate to be kicked out before I even get my little round sticker.
The point was I save and pay cash, or I deal. P bass is cool, how did Leo come up with that stuff? Or Eric Buell, or John Britten?
Old 01-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puptent
Well, if it's not motorcycles it's music, and it's great when it's both. Didn't even get into the record collection... Hate to be kicked out before I even get my little round sticker.
The point was I save and pay cash, or I deal. P bass is cool, how did Leo come up with that stuff? Or Eric Buell, or John Britten?
Amen to that brother! Or Tesla or Edison or Duane Allman or any of those other clever bastards!
07 Electra Glide

Old 11-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Zealot of Beer

I paid cash for my used 2009. But if I buy new I'll definitely finance. Sock away $xxx per month at almost nil earnings dreaming of a toy someday or have your toy right away while spending $xxx per month paying off a 0% loan? The latter makes a lot more sense.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Shooting the gap

Alas there is no such thing as a 0% loan its just a scam and you are charged in the price of the vehicle and other add ons. Nitrogen for life is an especial pet peeve of mine.

I was in a shop a coupkle of years ago looking at a FZ-09 and the large written tage for the price was expressed in a really low monthly payment. The cynic in me spoke out loud and said hey awesome thats for what a ten year loan? Sales guy smiled and said yes. I was floored and a later conversation with a guy that worked in a finance company said yeah theres no end of kids who wil sign up kids and olde guys ready to pay through the nose. Makes yah kinda sad but hey its all going to work out great for everyone.