I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Alternate bikes > BMW R-Series
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

BMW R-Series Discussions of the Boxers EXCEPT the GS/GSA

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 04-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

Smile Wunderlich SaferView Mirrors for the R1200RS

I enjoy riding with aspheric mirrors on my motorcycles. They require some visual adaptation but provide a much wider field of view. My old supplier of mirrors in the U.S., Multivex, went out of business. I was able to find a set from Wunderlich that is marketed as SaferView mirrors in Europe for the S1000RR that are the same shape as the R1200RS mirrors. Wunderlich's attachment method of using glue isn't the optimal way to attach glass with different curvatures. I successfully used 3M very high bond tape in the past and used it again successfully this week to attach these mirrors. I created a step-by-step method with photos in the attached PDF to help others. If you want aspheric mirrors that provide a wider field of view, you can now have them and safely attach them to your stock mirrors.

Ride safe,
Richard
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Applying Aspheric Mirrors 4-23-16 rev3.pdf (865.1 KB, 52 views)
The following (9) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'rclompus' for this post:
Old 04-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Supporting Vendor
Thanked 2,046 Times in 792 Posts

Re: Wunderlich SaferView Mirrors for the R1200RS

Well done, Richard!!!! Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to help others...
Old 04-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Always Am!

Re: Wunderlich SaferView Mirrors for the R1200RS

Very nice. I have looked at SaferView mirrors a number of times. Thanks for taking the time to document a better solution of mounting the mirror.

On my Android tablet the file is downloaded with a .PHP extension. I had to rename the file to .PDF in order to open in Acrobat.