I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 02-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Twisted Wrister

Peg Relocation

Anyone know if the S-M peg relocation kits are still made? I believe the company was Southside Machine or something like that. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:17 PM
Shooting the gap

Re: Peg Relocation

Is this it?

https://www.suburban-machinery.com/K1200S.html
'11 K1300S, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Corbin Seat, Low-Beam HID, Centerstand, Illmburger CF-Rear Hugger, Fenda Extenda, Philips 8-LED-DRL, Pair of 18W LED Flood Lamps, Rear Luggage Rack, Grip-Puppies, R&G Aero Sliders, OEM Hard Bags, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn, Bar-End Throttle Lock, Zumo 660LM, Nelson-Rigg Tankbag, Fuel Filler Neck Vent Holes, Aluminum Kickstand Foot, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler. Color: Red/Black.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'R111S' for this post:
Old 02-21-2018, 09:53 AM
Twisted Wrister

Yes it is. Thanks. I used this kit on my 2011 K1300S. This relocation kit lowers the pegs without widening the position of the pegs. It also includes spacers to correct the shifter and brake pedal positions to the new peg location.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'WPV' for this post:
Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Supporting Vendor
Thanked 2,133 Times in 827 Posts

as an alternative... we've been selling Verholen Peg Relocation kits for these bikes for years...http://pirateslair.net/PegSlow.htm

The German kits are slightly more stealthy visually... multiple positions to choose from... and cheaper once you figure in shipping...

PM me if you need further details...
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Twisted Wrister

Thanks Pirate. I found that the Verholen system moved the pegs significantly outboard. The extended shifter I have in the classified section was built to go with the Verholen pegs. I believe I bought the brake pedal extension for the Verholen from you. I just wasn't comfortable for me.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:07 PM
dynajohn

WPV if you bought the Suburban Machinery peg relocation kit they say on the web site that some sort of bracket must be made because the kit blocks the side stand. What did you do about this?? This looks like just what my old knees need but I want to know about the caution on the web site before ordering for my 2015 K1300s.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Shooting the gap

I have a set of Evoluzione peg lowerers for sale(the unicorn of peg lowerers)

http://www.i-bmw.com/classifieds/sho...-package&cat=6

2010 Lava Orange and Carbon K1300S - traded
Old 10-09-2018, 06:41 PM
dynajohn

I am not sure if the pegs on my used 2015 K1300s motorsports are stock or not. The pegs are not foldable and I doubt BMW would install these non foldable pegs on a production bike. The adjustable peg height adjusters look like they are stock based on pictures I have seen. I am looking for a peg lowering kit and I need to know if the kits available replace the stock slotted peg adjusters on my motorsports edition and lower the pegs 1.5 inches. My foot pegs are round knurled non foldable and fit into the slotted peg adjusters.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynajohn
I am not sure if the pegs on my used 2015 K1300s motorsports are stock or not. The pegs are not foldable and I doubt BMW would install these non foldable pegs on a production bike. The adjustable peg height adjusters look like they are stock based on pictures I have seen. I am looking for a peg lowering kit and I need to know if the kits available replace the stock slotted peg adjusters on my motorsports edition and lower the pegs 1.5 inches. My foot pegs are round knurled non foldable and fit into the slotted peg adjusters.

I am guessing if you have the motorsports edition that it is fitted with the HP rear-sets(run at around $900and do indeed not fold) .

I am pretty sure that all the peg 'lowerers' on the market are made for the standard pegs(which are foldable)

Old 10-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Twisted Wrister

Quote:
WPV if you bought the Suburban Machinery peg relocation kit they say on the web site that some sort of bracket must be made because the kit blocks the side stand. What did you do about this?? This looks like just what my old knees need but I want to know about the caution on the web site before ordering for my 2015 K1300s.

Sorry for the delay. Just got home from the races at Barber. I had the kit on my 2011, now long departed. I do not recall a significant problem, but I may have found a way to get my toe onto the side stand somewhere. I had the foot adapter on it as well .
Old 10-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Site Contributor

I just installed the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit mid-summer before a 3,700 mi camping trip and like 'em enough that I'm planning on leaving them on. I have about 5k miles on them by now. The extra length between seat and pegs is a small and appreciated improvement for seated riding although my arthritic knees still suffer being in the same position for long periods of time - I'm always ready for a stretch when the reserve light comes on. The bigger payoff is it's much easier to pop up into a crouched or standing position given the more open knee angle when seated. The difference is like getting up out of a high office chair (easy) vs a low-to-the-ground camp chair (ugh!). I didn't expect this but it's great when the road isn't demanding a lot of shifting seat positions. It's also a good way to cool ones nether-regions on hot rides and now when I stand I feel less like I'm pitched out over the front wheel. The last day of my camping trip I was gas-n-go from Buffalo to Wisconsin over ~ 12 hours in 95 temps..... these pegs were a huge benefit that day.

The relationships between pegs and shifter/brake pedal are great and actually somewhat adjustable with the spacer setup. So shifting & braking are very comfortable / equivalent to stock.

This lowering kit does move your boot out slightly. About 1/4" if I remember correctly.

I'm also able to get at the sidestand well enough without any modification but it's a close call. Once your accustomed to it it's not bad - I certainly don't have to hunt for it.

Install was easy.

The only downside is I'm grinding boots/pegs with greater frequency during aggressive rides. And I have 32mm suspension riser installed. My guess is these wouldn't work for me if I didn't have the riser install but the whole bike would be questionable without that so it's the first mod I'd recommend anyway. I'm more inclined to use sport mode now which also helps avoid scrapes. Prior to the peg lowering kit boot/peg scrapes were infrequent for me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
'12 K13S (r.i.p.)
'11 K13S
IBA #47605
Old 10-10-2018, 10:29 AM
dynajohn

Thanks Maxx based on several answers above and a PM from pirate I am not sure any lowering kit will work on my bike. I have a s model that is the motosport edition which has the GT adjustable pegs. I need to check the frame against a parts fische to see if it is possible to retrofit the standard K1300s folding pegs first.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Thanks Maxx based on several answers above and a PM from pirate I am not sure any lowering kit will work on my bike. I have a s model that is the motosport edition which has the GT adjustable pegs. I need to check the frame against a parts fische to see if it is possible to retrofit the standard K1300s folding pegs first.

Can you post a photo of your pegs?? ( am pretty sure they are the HP rearsets from you description, in which case you can probably sell them easily!!)

If they are HP rearsets, you should be able to directly replace them with the original foot rests.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Twisted Wrister

The HP pegs ride higher than the stock pegs so lowering them a bit with the Suburban kit should not increase dragging to a point any worse that stock pegs. On a track day or spirited riding day, you can raise the peg position on the HP pegs. I have retro fitted the HP pegs to my standard K1300S with no problems. I have a set of the Suburban mounts and have considered trying them with the HP pegs. The right side is not an issue because the master cylinder is mounted to the peg assembly. One might have to tweek the brake line a bit. I can see no reason why the left side should be a problem because when I swapped the pegs, the shift linkage required no adjustment. The Suburban kit comes with a spacer for the shift linkage.

Having bought used HP pegs with some damage, I can tell you that when the pegs make enough contact to bend the peg back, it damages the peg mounting flange, peg mounting bolt, and the block in the HP frame to which the peg is mounted. The parts are manufactured by Gilles Tooling in Germany. The BMW dealers here will not order parts for you. There are three dealers in the U.S. that can order parts. I used TST Industries.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
dynajohn

Thanks to SimonUK for links to used stock 1300s folding peg assemblys (right & left). Looks like these use the same mounting config as the HP pegs so I bought them. Anyone know if the stock folding peg assembly's are lower than the HP's in their lowest position? The used peg assembly's are due in the 18th.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Shooting the gap

I believe that they are either the same height or marginally lower than the HP rearsets(in the lowest position). I will add that this is coming from what I have read and not from actual personal measurement or 'feel'