I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S" Gen. Discussions
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S" Gen. Discussions All about the bike

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 07-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Shooting the gap

Question Power Commander V

There is a Power Commander V available for my my bike, the unit is 2 years old, being sold for 200 bucks Canadian funds....

Should I buy it or not ????

My bike has no issues at the moment, at least nothing that I can feel or notice, bike runs good and strong, I get the odd popping on deceleration, due to my 2 Brothers slip on can, other than that bike works great.

Is this something I should invest in ??????

Thanks.....
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Dolt Commander
Thanked 4,281 Times in 2,159 Posts

Re: Power Commander V

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateKeeper
There is a Power Commander V available for my my bike, the unit is 2 years old, being sold for 200 bucks Canadian funds....

Should I buy it or not ????

My bike has no issues at the moment, at least nothing that I can feel or notice, bike runs good and strong, I get the odd popping on deceleration, due to my 2 Brothers slip on can, other than that bike works great.

Is this something I should invest in ??????

Thanks.....
I would take a pass. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Keyboard Hero!
A product of "unfortunate upbringing...”
Dolt, One of Five!

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'justjoe' for this post:
Old 07-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
I would take a pass. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Appreciate the feedback....

Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Speed Demon

I wouldn't bother with a PC5 if your bike is running fine unless there's tangible performance gains.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:44 PM
Shooting the gap

Well call me a fool or not, but I purchased the PC V, just on the off chance the bike starts to run like crap I have it as back up. For now it will stay off the bike, I will install it over the winter months, and see if there is any difference next season.

Cheers..

Old 07-15-2018, 04:56 AM
Speed Demon

Certainly not a fool,only reason I went Rexxer instead of a PC was the hassle of fitting but I have PC’s on my 1100s/XT660 and my X/R you need an aftermarket filter,end can and have the bike set up on a dyno it will transform it.

Fuelling on the k series(any) was crap add in the sticky fingers of the TUV and there’s much to improve,its the same with aftermarket suspension folks have no idea how bad the stock stuff is till they fit a quality option.

Who ever came up with the expression ‘Ignorance is bliss’ must have owned a K
R1100s
XT660SM
Old 07-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Dolt Commander

Quote:
Well call me a fool or not, but I purchased the PC V, just on the off chance the bike starts to run like crap I have it as back up. For now it will stay off the bike, I will install it over the winter months, and see if there is any difference next season.

Cheers..

Nope, not a fool. But now that you've got one, you should do it up right and have it mapped to match your bike. Open the exhaust and help it breathe a little easier!

Keyboard Hero!
Dolt, One of Five!

Find the official "non-official" 2018 Non-Invitational DGR Rally in Maggie Valley here!

Life is good!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Shooting the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
Nope, not a fool. But now that you've got one, you should do it up right and have it mapped to match your bike. Open the exhaust and help it breathe a little easier!

Yes you are correct....

I do have a 2 Brothers slip on.....so that is already helping, just needs to be properly tuned.

Bike is just under 20 thousand kilometers, it's almost due for it's valve clearance check, brake flush, etc.... once all of that is done, I will then install the PC and then try the maps they supply, see how it runs, and then start looking for a tuner shop and get the bike on the Dyno....

I just want the dealership to do their stuff first, so that they do not, play around with the tune and or say the PC is causing any sort of issues.....

Old 07-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Dolt Commander

Quote:
Yes you are correct.....

I do have a 2 Brothers slip on.....so that is already helping, just needs to be properly tuned.

Bike is just under 20 thousand kilometers, it's almost due for it's valve clearance check, brake flush, etc.... once all of that is done, I will then install the PC and then try the maps they supply, see how it runs, and then start looking for a tuner shop and get the bike on the Dyno....

I just want the dealership to do their stuff first, so that they do not, play around with the tune and or say the PC is causing any sort of issues......
It's almost like you have a plan or something!

Keyboard Hero!
Dolt, One of Five!

Life is good!
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'justjoe' for this post:
Old 07-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Speed Demon

Quote:
Yes you are correct....

I just want the dealership to do their stuff first, so that they do not, play around with the tune and or say the PC is causing any sort of issues.....

My K has a Rexxer map and my X/R a PC I find the local BM dealer treats me some what different from the usual coffee and doughnuts clones,because they know that I know that the stock fuelling is crap on one and poor at the bottom end on the other and instead of moaning got off my ass and did something about it and they know their lives ain’t worth tinkering with the fuelling even if they knew how too which don’t.
R1100s
XT660SM