I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1300 Series Motorcycles > K1300S > "K13S "Tires
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K13S "Tires Different tire-brands and suggestions

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Shooting the gap

PIRELLI Angel™ GT II

The latest Model in the Angel Tire Series, previously "ST", then "GT" and now the "GT II".

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/...et/angel-gt-ii

Not sure when they'll be available here in the USA...hopefully in time for 2019 Riding Season.

The twin Parallel Grooves look nice. Might address the complaints about not being able to foretell when they're near wearout?

I began using Angel STs, moved onto the GTs and hope to try these GT IIs soon.
'11 K1300S, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Corbin Seat, Low-Beam HID, High Beam LEDs, Centerstand, Illmburger CF-Rear Hugger, Fenda Extenda, Philips 8-LED-DRL, Pair of 18W LED Flood Lamps, Rear Luggage Rack, Grip-Puppies, R&G Aero Sliders, OEM Hard Bags, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn, Bar-End Throttle Lock, Zumo 660LM, Nelson-Rigg Tankbag, Fuel Filler Neck Vent Holes, Aluminum Kickstand Foot, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler. Z-Technik Smoked Shield. Color: Red/Black.
The following (3) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'R111S' for this post:
Old 02-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Shooting the gap

Re: PIRELLI Angel™ GT II

These look nice.....

Old 03-08-2019, 03:16 AM
Shooting the gap

Dang. Just bought a fresh pair of Angel GT “A” spec’s for my 2015 Motorsports.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Shooting the gap

I like the GT’s and will definitely make these my next set of tires when they come out. Could be some deals to be had on the current GTs when these are released.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Has gotten a ticket or two…

I mentioned in the Michelin GT-5 thread elsewhere, that I am on my second rear Angel GT (a new front is in the garage.) Like K13M, I just mounted a new rear Angel GT to my Triumph Sprint ST. These new ones look interesting. After a long weekend of chasing CJS350 out to Death Valley and back on "cheese grater" roads in the desert, I am well on my way to needing another! LOL. I will definitely consider the Angel GT-II's.

(For what it's worth: I live in Oklahoma with lots of straight roads; I give an edge to tires with some wet weather worthiness; I like pushing it in the mountains several times a year, but don't need "maximum" roadracer type grip; and I am a bit "price sensitive.")
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Zealot of Beer

Looking forward to wear reports from early adopters!

Love my Angel GTs and wouldn't switch without a reason.

Revzilla and Bike Bandit say they're in stock. Quite a bit more expensive, both list price and sale price.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Twisted Wrister

I hope they are affordable, or it wouldn't make any difference to buy them for increased mileage. And increased mileage is the only thing I can see much improved. Would be nice to get another 1000 miles out of a rear.