I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > I-BMW Racing > MotoGP
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

MotoGP World Championship

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 03-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Moderator; ON-ON

Send a message via Skype™ to chilei
Don't Spoil it for others!

It is time for a friendly reminder that we need to be considerate of those who don't catch these things live.

Please put "*Spoiler*" on the topic title of anything which is likely to lead to spoiler information being added.

Not to mention that there are some who may look specifically for the spoiler info.

I have had to add this to a couple of threads in the past couple of days, others would greatly appreciate this heads up.

Thanks!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"
The following (5) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'chilei' for this post:
Old 03-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Admin/ Site Counsel
Thanked 7,440 Times in 3,001 Posts

Re: Don't Spoil it for others!

Agree.

Also note that when you pass the cursor over the title of a thread the first couple of lines of the first post in the thread are revealed.

So if you're posting information that others might want to not see, like practice times, race results, etc., just offer an opening line without revealing the results of the test, race, whatever, and then hit the "return" and space down about five or six times before posting anything that others might not want to see until later.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'CJS350' for this post:
Old 03-12-2019, 06:08 PM
I-BMW Rider of the Year 2009
Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,233 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to Louis

Follow the above and you will be respected.

Don't and expect to go down...

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over!
This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Ride West 2008
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?p=191559#post191559
Ride West 2009 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=24292
Dad & daughter Ride 2011 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35470
André Slabbinck 1957-2014 http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=50135
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'Louis' for this post:
Old 03-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Site Contributor

You don't watch it live, you think you'd just avoid threads that pertain to the thing you want to watch...
Bein doesn't come on any Uverse packages in my area. I could get Sling tv, I guess. But, I usually have to wait a day or so. I can't imagine blaming someone else if I click on a thread about a race, EXCEPT that one time I scrolled over the thread and the preview popped up.

But, hey, I get it. Rules are rules...
This I-BMW member either likes, thanks -or- is 'shouting out' to 'jcw' for this post:
Old 03-13-2019, 07:57 AM
Happy to be here!
Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,223 Posts

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. There, I did it and feel good about handing out spoilers.

Keyboard Hero!
A product of "unfortunate upbringing...”
Dolt, One of Five!

Life is good!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Twisted Wrister

SPOILER ALERT.

I've already seen the final MotoGP Championship standings for 2019.

Look away now if you don't want to know . . .

1. Andrea Dovizioso

2. Marc Marquez

3. Álex Rins
History:
Yamaha RD250 (x2)
Yamaha XS750
Kawasaki Z1000 (x3)
Honda Blackbird
Yamaha FJ1200 (x2)
BMW K1200S
Old 03-20-2019, 11:09 AM
Moderator; ON-ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw
You don't watch it live, you think you'd just avoid threads that pertain to the thing you want to watch...
Bein doesn't come on any Uverse packages in my area. I could get Sling tv, I guess. But, I usually have to wait a day or so. I can't imagine blaming someone else if I click on a thread about a race, EXCEPT that one time I scrolled over the thread and the preview popped up.

But, hey, I get it. Rules are rules...
I often avoid a lot of sites if I miss a race or game that I like, but, that also requires changing habits.

I actually just use the video pass and try to see all of it as soon as I can... practices, races, etc...
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"
Old 03-20-2019, 11:09 AM
Moderator; ON-ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. There, I did it and feel good about handing out spoilers.
That movie sucked.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"
Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 AM
Site Contributor

I ought to get video pass. The bike views that you don't get to see often on the broadcasts are awesome at looking at body position and cornering.

They need to sell a video pass for Motoamerica, WSBK and Motogp all rolled into one.

For $40...
Old 03-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Can assemble bike blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe
If that happened now. It would be investigated as a right wing government conspiracy.