I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > BMW K-1200 Series Motorcycles > K1200S > "K12S/KR" Technical Q&A
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

"K12S/KR" Technical Q&A K1200S/R Technical Questions/Answers

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 04-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Entering the on-ramp

If you adjusted the oil flow to the clutch, how did you remove the "plug nozzle"?

Hello!
Before i ruin my bike on purpose. im going to remove the "plug nozzle" and adjust the flow to my clutch. im planning on drill a hole and thread it and pull it out.
but how did you do it any tips?
i tried to drill 5mm deep (not all the way thru) and pull it out M4 thread but that did not work to shallow first attempt.
How deep can i drill without risk going thru and getting dirt inside the axel?
do i dare to drill all the way? M6 maybe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190414_221456.jpg (194.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Site Contributor

Re: If you adjusted the oil flow to the clutch, how did you remove the "plug nozzle"?

You can drill all the way through....just be sure to clean out the swarf with a pick and/or a cotton bud.

But, once the plug is removed, you will need to install a modified push pin.
Running the bike without a restrictor will cause the clutch to get too much oil and the clonk from neutral to first will become excessive.
A friend of mine did that, and his bike jumped forward everytime.

When i say modified push pin, i mean that the tranny shaft has a 0.5mm lip inside of it. That lip, is to stop someone hammering the aluminium plug too far into the tranny shaft.
The new (current) push pin with 3 grooves will not fit the transmission shaft without reducing its diameter slightly.
The following (2) I-BMW members 'like', thank -or- are 'shouting out' to 'Patrique83' for this post:
Old 04-14-2019, 05:29 PM
Site Contributor

Re: If you adjusted the oil flow to the clutch, how did you remove the "plug nozzle"?

Here is what the pin looks like.....

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=55833
Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 AM
Entering the on-ramp

thanks! well then ill drill all the way then! I had the idea that ill cut larger grooves in the plug and reuse it after i seal the extraction hole with a screwplug (screw without head). ive heard about exxessive oli can ruin it also and there is a difference in the clutch center. the newer ones got oil drain slots beneath the steel support ring for the "spring" so i added that to my old basket, hopefully they work otherwise ill have to go for the full replacement to a newer basket and center pin.